Author Topic: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 22583 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 09:36:11 AM »
The latest rumour from Langdon is that Cousins to Collingwood in the PSD is a done deal.
This is only possible if he's passed up in the National Draft by every club, personally I can't see that happening, if a club wants him they will just use a late National Draft pick if no one else has taken him, or alternatively he'll go in the 1st or 2nd round.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 11:51:09 AM »
Is it possible to trade future draft picks(say next seasons first round?) like they do in the nba or is it still being looked into?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »
Is it possible to trade future draft picks(say next seasons first round?) like they do in the nba or is it still being looked into?

That's being looked at as an option for the Gold Coast when they take 1 player from each of the 16 teams but it wont be brought in for all clubs to use.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 02:19:33 PM »

That's being looked at as an option for the Gold Coast when they take 1 player from each of the 16 teams but it wont be brought in for all clubs to use.
Thank you!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »
Emerging Fremantle ruckman Robbie Warnock is likely to make a decision on his playing future within a week — and is still believed to be favouring staying at the Dockers.

The 205cm left-footer, who with David Mundy is one of the Dockers’ highest contract priorities, is in Melbourne talking the issue over with his family.

Mundy is believed to have attracted interest from Richmond and Hawthorn. Melbourne and Carlton in particular have indicated interest in Warnock.

Warnock, 21, has played only 21 AFL games in the past two seasons but his mobility and skill have led to a $1 million three-year price tag.

Mundy, a defender who moved to midfield this season, could command a similar price.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=4&ContentID=96451

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 08:02:59 PM »
$1 million for Mundy plus a trade of some sort is just to steep.

I heard another rumour about a young Adelaide ruckman who has elected Richmond as his prefered club for next season and asked for both clubs to work out a trade deal. Name escapes me at the moment.

Stripes

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
I heard another rumour about a young Adelaide ruckman who has elected Richmond as his prefered club for next season and asked for both clubs to work out a trade deal. Name escapes me at the moment.

Jonathan Griffin I assume.

Wouldnt mind him.  Been injury prone but when fit showed how good he can be earlier this year.  :thumbsup 
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 03:37:34 AM »

Wouldnt mind him.  Been injury prone but when fit showed how good he can be earlier this year.  :thumbsup 
And Adelaide need a forward or back KPP.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 08:04:44 AM »

And Adelaide need a forward or back KPP.
And before Polak's injury I would have gleefully handed them Schulz but now I'm not so sure.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 11:55:28 AM »
This is why trade time is so difficult. I want Schulz on our team too but we have other players like him who are ahead of him and, most crutially, we are in desperate need of a backup ruckman.

If Schulz is traded he has the very real chance of becoming the Power Forward at another club and, like Rodan and Ottens, embarrassing us for years to come. :(

All the same I think we need to trade to shore up our deficencies and health of our list not just the potential of individual players.

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:39 PM »
This is why trade time is so difficult. I want Schulz on our team too but we have other players like him who are ahead of him and, most crutially, we are in desperate need of a backup ruckman.
Really the only player I think we have like Schulz is Polak and we know the liklihood of him ever playing again.
Schulz is one of the few genuinely tall kpps we have and who's body is developed enough to stand up to the rigours of a full AFL season.

We are struggling for talls as it is, the last thing we need to be doing is getting rid of them.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 03:20:24 PM »
One thing to note is Griffin's season ended when the Crows decided his hip problem required surgery. How serious is this hip problem?!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
True but we need a good Ruckman of size (read 198+ and strong)that is both young enough to play in our future success but big enough to take up our No 2 ruck while Simmo is still floating about.

At the moment we have Patto who is no real ruckman at all plu GUS and Putt who are too young. We need someone to fill in the hole and with Schulz our No 4 Tall Backman with Rance ready to step in, Jay could find himself as trade bait in a swap for a ruckman.

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 08:27:28 PM »
According to whispers on 3aw tonight, Daniel Harris is set to be traded by North.

The Cotch

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:17 PM »
Gee......

Draft Johnston with pick 8
Get Griffin with pick 26

And we have already had a super summer. Filled 2 needs with 2 quality young players.