Author Topic: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 22531 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 04:29:17 AM »
from the Australian
Greg Denham | September 17, 2008

Adelaide football manager, John Reid, scoffed at speculation that young ruckman Jonathon Griffen was homesick and wanted to return to Western Australia, where he was last week linked to Fremantle.

"On the contrary," Reid said. "He's got one more year remaining on his current contract and he's given no indication that he wants to leave, and has said he is staying."

Griffin was originally recruited from East Fremantle and started with the Crows on their rookie list.

He has played 28 games over the past two seasons, including 12 matches this year. But, after playing 10 in succession this season, he did not play a senior game after round 15.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24357444-5012432,00.html

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 01:53:45 PM »
David Mundy has resigned with Fremantle (Staying)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 02:16:57 PM »
David Mundy has resigned with Fremantle (Staying)
Murphy as well.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2008, 03:52:44 AM »
Lion Justin Sherman has been the subject of inquiries from several clubs - and could still figure in trade talks.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24368169-19742,00.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2008, 08:56:12 AM »
Lion Justin Sherman has been the subject of inquiries from several clubs - and could still figure in trade talks.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24368169-19742,00.html

No thanks
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2008, 12:19:44 PM »
I would be very suprised if Richmond effected any trades this season.  Only thing may be to trade out someone like a Polo or a King for a pick thats about it.....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2008, 09:36:47 AM »
I would be very suprised if Richmond effected any trades this season.  Only thing may be to trade out someone like a Polo or a King for a pick thats about it.....

We can throw up whoever we like but the question is will other clubs be interested in what we may throw up.

As it is every year other clubs will want the ones we aint gonna be parting with...

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2008, 01:03:09 PM »

We can throw up whoever we like but the question is will other clubs be interested in what we may throw up.

As it is every year other clubs will want the ones we aint gonna be parting with...

which is why we have to start growing some balls and dump some of these list cloggers.

Browny provides nothing anymore to our list especially with edwards and morton taking his place.

he should be sold off to the swans and we can gain a pick right there.

Business is business. Thanks browny but on your bike son.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »
Before the Game tonight claimed Barry Hall wants to go to the doggies.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 04:32:16 AM »

Dogs to chase big men
Brent Diamond | September 21, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs president David Smorgon has urged the club to trade aggressively to recruit a tall forward in the wake of its preliminary final loss to Geelong, saying "everyone looking at the Doggies over the last couple of years know that we're a couple of tall men short".

"I'm sure we'll be pretty aggressive about (recruiting talls) because we need to add to it (the forward line) as a club," he said. "We're not just going to accept finishing third and (thinking) everything will happen for us in the course of 2009 … It doesn't work like that in footy."

Smorgon said the Bulldogs must fill what he described as a "gaping hole" at full-forward.

It is understood that tall, marking forwards, such as Hawthorn's Tim Boyle and Geelong's Tom Hawkins who have lacked chances this season, will be looked at.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dogs-to-chase-big-men/2008/09/20/1221331280623.html

Ramps

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 09:50:08 AM »

Dogs to chase big men
Brent Diamond | September 21, 2008

WESTERN Bulldogs president David Smorgon has urged the club to trade aggressively to recruit a tall forward in the wake of its preliminary final loss to Geelong, saying "everyone looking at the Doggies over the last couple of years know that we're a couple of tall men short".

"I'm sure we'll be pretty aggressive about (recruiting talls) because we need to add to it (the forward line) as a club," he said. "We're not just going to accept finishing third and (thinking) everything will happen for us in the course of 2009 … It doesn't work like that in footy."

Smorgon said the Bulldogs must fill what he described as a "gaping hole" at full-forward.

It is understood that tall, marking forwards, such as Hawthorn's Tim Boyle and Geelong's Tom Hawkins who have lacked chances this season, will be looked at.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/dogs-to-chase-big-men/2008/09/20/1221331280623.html

As a said in these forums a couple of days ago Hawkins is the one we should chase. Hawkins will be a star. A powerful key forward. If hes available, then hes the one Richmond should go after.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
Hawkins was a father son to Geelong, no way he'll go anywhere

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 11:50:17 AM »
Hawkins was a father son to Geelong, no way he'll go anywhere
Pretty much how I see it too Infamy.  The whole league made such a song and dance when Geelong got him way under the odds as a father and son pick.  He is only in his 2nd season and as a big kid will naturally take a bit of time.  Would think that they see him as a natural replacement (and upgrade) on Mooney when he retires - I really don't think Geelong will allow it to get even close to a negotiable situation.  Wasting our time even thinking about him.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2008, 12:42:46 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the place to put in this request or create a new thread but does anyone know who the likely top 10 draftees will be?

On another matter - Schulz will be a much sort after player during trade week if we are willing to put him up. There are alot of teams out there looking for a ready-made young forward. We almost traded him last year but with Polak out and his recent form in the backline do we really want to lose him?

What do you realistically believe King, Polo, Meyer and Polo would be worth in this years draft?

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »

What do you realistically believe King, Polo, Meyer and Polo would be worth in this years draft?

Stripes

So you really want to get rid of Polo then, or his brother maybe?    ;D

FWIW, you might get a 3rd round pick for Polo, 3rd - 4th round for King, nothing for Meyer.