Author Topic: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 22590 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade week rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #150 on: October 07, 2008, 01:32:43 AM »
Trade talk in the media (Ch 10, Age)....

Ch 10 news in Perth said there's interest from other clubs in Eagle Ashley Hansen.

Hawthorn is prepared to discuss ruckman Simon Taylor.

Jamie Charman could also be in the trade market at the right price, which would be a first-round draft pick — an outcome considered unlikely.

Prismall wants to leave the Cats and Essendon is the preferred destination. Melbourne and Fremantle are also interested discussing a possible third-round draft pick as part of a trade.

Sydney and Hawthorn expressed keen interest in Brad Green, who remains out of contract. The Demons have offered him a three-year deal and are hopeful he will stay.

Sydney remains firm favourite to secure Andrew Lovett, who is up for trade. The Bombers are seeking a pick between 15 and 20 for Lovett while the Swans' second pick is No. 30.

Sydney has asked the Hawks not only for their first-round pick (No. 16), but a player, in return for Ryan O'Keefe. O'Keefe would have to accept less than what other clubs will offer to head to Waverley.

Hawk Tim Boyle has attracted interest from St Kilda as well as the Bulldogs.

Port Adelaide has also shown interest in uncontracted Saint Xavier Clarke.

Hawthorn has indicated it is willing to listen to offers for forwards Mitch Thorp and Beau Dowler.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #151 on: October 07, 2008, 02:51:43 AM »
Trade talk from the Herald-Sun/Australian...

CARLTON'S Irish experiment with the O'hAilpin brothers could be over. Setanta and younger brother Aisake appear to be on the market after day one of trade week, with the Western Bulldogs and Port Adelaide showing interest in 25-year-old Setanta. The Blues would like the Bulldogs' second-round selection (No. 32) and although they would ask for Port's No. 22 pick, selection No. 38 is a more likely talking point.

Carlton also has so far not budged on its initial offer to the Dockers of its second-round selection, No24, which could lead to Warnock nominating his asking price and entering the national draft next month. Under that scenario, Carlton would still be favoured to gain Warnock's services with selection 24 as the Blues have more room to manoeuvre than most clubs within their cap. Freo want the Blues pick 6.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #152 on: October 07, 2008, 09:37:33 AM »
The Blues would like the Bulldogs' second-round selection (No. 32) and although they would ask for Port's No. 22 pick, selection No. 38 is a more likely talking point.

:lol

for O'hAilpin?

:lol :lol :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #153 on: October 07, 2008, 02:16:53 PM »
The Blues would like the Bulldogs' second-round selection (No. 32) and although they would ask for Port's No. 22 pick, selection No. 38 is a more likely talking point.

for O'hAilpin?

Geez some clubs are wishful thinkers lol. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #154 on: October 07, 2008, 02:31:16 PM »
SEN says Cat Shannon Byrnes is now on the trade table.

Geelong and Essendon could swap Prismall and Lovett.

Ramps

« Reply #155 on: October 07, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
this trade week has begun as boringly as all the others. The AFL needs to cut this down to 48 hours maximum. Its a waste of time.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2008, 05:34:29 PM »
Just more rubbish rumours today. A sms to SEN claiming inside info had us giving up our 2nd pick for Corey Jones.

Ramps

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »
Just more rubbish rumours today. A sms to SEN claiming inside info had us giving up our 2nd pick for Corey Jones.

SEN lives of this type of crap. Idiots at home making up trades, having a laugh at the idiots on SEN that take the rumours seriously. The world is stuffed, everythings going downhill and we have to put up with poo like that. The AFL should call the whole thing of. Its a joke.

Ox

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2008, 05:54:30 PM »

SEN lives of this type of crap. Idiots at home making up trades, having a laugh at the idiots on SEN that take the rumours seriously. The world is stuffed, everythings going downhill and we have to put up with poo like that. The AFL should call the whole thing of. Its a joke.

or u can just pay it no attention.......

Ramps

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2008, 05:56:36 PM »

but if i did that then i couldnt sledge them on here lol  ;D

Ox

« Reply #160 on: October 07, 2008, 07:28:45 PM »

All is forgiven ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #161 on: October 07, 2008, 07:56:32 PM »

It should be only 48 hours long tops. The first 3 days are a utter waste of time and just an excuse for bravado by the clubs making ridiculous claims.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #162 on: October 07, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »
What ever happened to Supertiger and his promise last year of getting L.Hansen to Richmond at the end of 2008?  ;D

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #163 on: October 07, 2008, 09:29:54 PM »
What ever happened to Supertiger and his promise last year of getting L.Hansen to Richmond at the end of 2008?  ;D

im not sold on this kid MT, I reckon he's Leigh Brown II...would only take him as a gift as in R3 ...he';s kicked 4 lousy goals and has yet to really declare himslef with his ordinary form, dont think he scored a rising star nomination
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #164 on: October 07, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »

for O'hAilpin?

Geez some clubs are wishful thinkers lol. 

Sure are MT :lol. I would have offered Carlscum an open bag of peanuts.