Author Topic: Wallace vulnerable: Miller (Age)  (Read 3513 times)

bushranger

Re: Wallace vulnerable: Miller (Age)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 09:52:53 AM »
Wallace will not be sacked, and if he walks it will be his decision. March has been superb in all this.
Well, from your view.
Others (me) think Wallace has done a good job as well, and if he walks as a result of all this, and it disrupts our progress, no-one will be thinking too highly of March, including you I'd reckon.

moi

noone wants wallace to quit. Its called due dilligence.

Wallace had an unteneable situation were miller ( was wallaces boss) and he would make all the football decisions. Thats great, but miller didnt have a boss, he was his own boss.

Now that we will have a proper structure, wallace will have a new boss, the director of football. If wallace walks because of that well see you later dont let the door slam on the way out.

This club has moved forward a long way, Wright and march will not be held to ranson by anyone, coach or otherwise.

IMHO this is all bluff, wallet will coach next year, and then we will see how good he really is, hoipefully we make finals and his contract is extended. That is the goal I can assure you.
I'm in for the long haul. And I listen to those who know better that I do. And this seem so right. So I'm listening to it.  There has to be bosses and the understaffers and if people don't like it then they are hiding from the truth.

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53:55 AM »
Its not often I say this but Blaisee's appraisal of the situation seems to be correct

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 07:30:15 AM »
relax willie p

the only way wallet wont be coaching next yr is if he resigns.

If he resigns its because he doesnt like the fact that he doesnt have the final say in list management, or wants an extension when he has achieved........ZERO

Hence if he resigns ( which I doubt ) its a good thing. The club cannot be held to ransom by anyone, be it a player or coach.

IMHO march is doing a superb job, wallet is the one trying to destabalise the club ATM, and putting his own self interests ( job security )
above those interests of the club.

march wont put up with it, and rightly so

I agree blaisee Wallace wont quit (which we both know will disappoint some ;))

I disagree with you comment regarding Wallace being the one destabilising the Club ATM. I don't think we need to be Einstein to work out when it appears that all destabilisation started. A little bit of support there wouldn't have gone a stray..  But I digrese....

My view on list managment is that the Coach must have some say, alot of the say and this is why... and folks this is a hypothetical

What happens if pick 1 is put on the table and Melb say Tiges you can have it if you give us say Foley. List Manager thinks this is a great deal, Coach says nope Foley is not fro trade... who has the final say?

Surely it has to be the coach not the list manager
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 09:26:23 AM »
relax willie p

the only way wallet wont be coaching next yr is if he resigns.

If he resigns its because he doesnt like the fact that he doesnt have the final say in list management, or wants an extension when he has achieved........ZERO

Hence if he resigns ( which I doubt ) its a good thing. The club cannot be held to ransom by anyone, be it a player or coach.

IMHO march is doing a superb job, wallet is the one trying to destabalise the club ATM, and putting his own self interests ( job security )
above those interests of the club.

march wont put up with it, and rightly so

I agree blaisee Wallace wont quit (which we both know will disappoint some ;))

I disagree with you comment regarding Wallace being the one destabilising the Club ATM. I don't think we need to be Einstein to work out when it appears that all destabilisation started. A little bit of support there wouldn't have gone a stray..  But I digrese....

My view on list managment is that the Coach must have some say, alot of the say and this is why... and folks this is a hypothetical

What happens if pick 1 is put on the table and Melb say Tiges you can have it if you give us say Foley. List Manager thinks this is a great deal, Coach says nope Foley is not fro trade... who has the final say?

WHY?

the list manager should have final say.  Human nature being what it is, the coach will try and save his hide by making a short term decision, especially if he is in the last yr of his contract.

Thats exactly the reason why list management decisions have to be taken out of the coaches hands, and in the best run clubs in the land, that is exactly how it is done, and how it will be done at tigerland in the future.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2008, 09:54:45 AM »

WHY?

the list manager should have final say.  Human nature being what it is, the coach will try and save his hide by making a short term decision, especially if he is in the last yr of his contract.

Thats exactly the reason why list management decisions have to be taken out of the coaches hands, and in the best run clubs in the land, that is exactly how it is done, and how it will be done at tigerland in the future.
I tend to think a bit of both.  It should one of the areas where the most collaboration football-wise occurs.  The coach should have significant input, but not necessarily the final say, and I would bet you London to a brick that your Geelongs, Sydneys, Brisbanes, West Coasts etc of recent times have had a strong 'team' approach to list management.  Letting one person - be it a coach or independent list manager - have autocratic control is just opening up the potential for unbalanced decision making.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »

WHY?

I tend to think a bit of both.  It should one of the areas where the most collaboration football-wise occurs.  The coach should have significant input, but not necessarily the final say, and I would bet you London to a brick that your Geelongs, Sydneys, Brisbanes, West Coasts etc of recent times have had a strong 'team' approach to list management.  Letting one person - be it a coach or independent list manager - have autocratic control is just opening up the potential for unbalanced decision making.

Everything should be discussed and be  a team effort. The battle of ideas should be encouraged, unltimately however we are talking about final say. and it can't be the coach, its gotta be the list manager

and it wont be the coaches.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:56:27 AM »
I have to agree.

There is no point paying a list manager if the coach is the one that is truly managing the list with the final decisions.

Wallace should be able to make his view on such an offer but when it comes to the crunch we let the guy with the title he's paid for list manage.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »
Well one would think that the club would hire a coach who would fit the way the club wanted to go. No use hiring someone that has a radically different idea to you

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 01:13:29 PM »
Well one would think that the club would hire a coach who would fit the way the club wanted to go. No use hiring someone that has a radically different idea to you

wallace was hired 4 years ago, alot has changed at the rfc since then

Great coaches continue evolving

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 01:19:25 PM »

Seems you have lost a fair bit of faith and respect in Wallace as a coach, blaisee.  :-\
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 02:11:17 PM »

Seems you have lost a fair bit of faith and respect in Wallace as a coach, blaisee.  :-\

no, not true

I work in facts

Fact is wallace has been coaching 12 years and hasnt made a grand final.
Fact is he has had 4 years and has one year left on his contract. and hasnt benn able to get the tigers into the finals
Fact is, he has no chance of continuing his career beyond next year if we dont make the finals in 2009.
Fact is, he needs to get used to the fact that unlike when he was appointed, the only job we need him to do now is coach

I think he is a great coach BTW, hopefully he proves that next year and he earns another contract.
I have however been dissapointed with the political pressure he has tried to exert on the board through his comments to the media. I really believe it has been an unnecassary distraction. His track record on this kind of thing is there for all to see and judge.
Shut your mouth and coach terry  :thumbsup

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »

no, not true

I work in facts

Fact is wallace has been coaching 12 years and hasnt made a grand final.
Fact is he has had 4 years and has one year left on his contract. and hasnt benn able to get the tigers into the finals
Fact is, he has no chance of continuing his career beyond next year if we dont make the finals in 2009.
Fact is, he needs to get used to the fact that unlike when he was appointed, the only job we need him to do now is coach

I think he is a great coach BTW, hopefully he proves that next year and he earns another contract.
I have however been dissapointed with the political pressure he has tried to exert on the board through his comments to the media. I really believe it has been an unnecassary distraction. His track record on this kind of thing is there for all to see and judge.
Shut your mouth and coach terry  :thumbsup

Dont we all . . .   :pray
EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
I have however been dissapointed with the political pressure he has tried to exert on the board through his comments to the media.
Seems if you're Terry Wallace you can't win.
He was crucified when he left the Dogs and now he wants to stay at a club same thing.
And no other coach has used the media before for his own end?

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 08:11:56 PM »

WHY?

List management should be like team selection where there is a selection commitee.  The coach has his input and can make strong recommendations, however the buck stops with the Chairman.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 08:27:26 PM »
the list manager should have final say. 

I can't agree with that.... they should be joint decisions at the very least.

You say hypothetcially what if the coach wants to trade Cotchin & Reiwoldt for Kerr the list manager has the right to veto but my arguement goes the other way.

WHat if the Coach says Foley (or worse still Cotchin) is off limits and "not for trade" but the list manager thinks pick 1 for Foley (Cotchin) is a good deal and wants to do that deal.

Who should have the final say then?

It's swings & roundabouts  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)