Author Topic: Wallace vulnerable: Miller (Age)  (Read 3515 times)

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Wallace vulnerable: Miller (Age)
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 09:28:40 PM »
Wallace has had too much to say in recruiting over the last 4 years and thats been the biggest problem.

Wallace = McMahon, Mark Graham, Kent Kingsley.

March wont let it continue and rightfully so! 

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:43 PM »
Wallace has had too much to say in recruiting over the last 4 years and thats been the biggest problem.

Using that argument... how do we rate these...

Wallace = Cotchin, Deledio, Tambling, McGuane, Reiwoldt, White, Thursfield, Rance, Connors, Polo, Pattison

:thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2008, 10:04:05 PM »

As much as I hated giving up pick 19 for him, the only bad pickup in that bunch was Kingsley and he cost us nothing

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »

Using that argument... how do we rate these...

Wallace = Cotchin, Deledio, Tambling, McGuane, Reiwoldt, White, Thursfield, Rance, Connors, Polo, Pattison

:thumbsup

On a scale of A to E with A being the best possible result and E the worst Id reckon

Cotchin = A [he was a top 2 pick so we should have gotten an A grade player]
Deledio = A [he was the top selection so we should have gotten a A grade player]
Tambling = C [Selected at 4, hasnt lived up to a top 4 pick expectation yet]
McGuane= B [Selected in the 30s, being a latish pick its a B result, hes going ok]
Riewoldt= C [Selected in first 15 picks, going ok, C is a fair result]
White= B [Selected in PSD, Bargain pick, Going ok at Present, Gets a B because he was such a late pick]
Thursfield= A [Bargain pick, a great get, Gets an A]
Rance= Unknown, hasnt played yet
Conners= C [Picked in the 50s, going ok just, can play, can easily get to B with 20 game next season]
Polo= C-/D [Picked at 20, has stalled imho]
Pattison= C-/D [Picked at 16, tries really hard, has played games, not sure going forward  
A=3, B=2, C=3, C-/D=2. I reckon its just a pass. JUST

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 10:42:27 PM »
To be fair you need to rate every other side as well as ours, otherwise the rating means little and it might just surprise you to see how we have done in comparison.  And I don't think Wallace was solely responsible (for better or worse).

Moi

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2008, 04:34:55 AM »
To be fair you need to rate every other side as well as ours, otherwise the rating means little and it might just surprise you to see how we have done in comparison.  And I don't think Wallace was solely responsible (for better or worse).
Precisely

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:54 AM »

Im not going to do this with every other side smokey. I just put up a rating for our players based on where they were taken in the draft. I think its a fair appraisal.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 10:18:36 AM »
So Tuesday (Supposed D-Day to some here) has come and gone. TW is still coach. What happened?

In terms of our draft choices we have chosen some players with early picks who have not lived up to their potential but conversely we have found some diamonds in the rough with late picks also. Overall though I think we have created a good young even list which is what will hopefully give us success.

Players like Lids and Cotch are standouts but the gap between our best players and weakest players is reducing every year. Over the past decade or more that has been our biggest problem - we relied on a few to win us games. Now we are looking for a more even spread of responsibility across the field and our recruiting reflects this.

Yes players such as JON, Casserly, Meyer and Polo have not performed to date but players of the calibre of Foley, Thursfield, White and McGuane have more than made up for them.

So in the big sceme of things we are still moving forward and TW (& co.) have done well.

Stripes
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 01:32:53 PM by Stripes »

Ox

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2008, 10:48:14 AM »
J.O.N.

Meyer