Author Topic: Players back Wallace (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4371 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Players back Wallace (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 10:01:44 PM »
After an article like that, how could the club get rid of him
These are neutral points of view, ie they wouldn't be getting anything out of it by coming forward

Actually I read it with interest because Footscray supporters I know said that Wallace and Darcy didn't get along ( ;D) so for mine for Darcy to actually say something positive has to mean something....

The other one who comment I was really interested in was Mark Graham, he has the most recent knowledge so that must say something....

I'm looking forward to Tuesday just to hear the end of all these %#&*@%^& rumours.

There are is a very small but posionous group of malcontents that claim to be Tiger supports who demand immediate success from any coach we hire and as a result continue to undermine any basis of future success we can have at Richmond. While other teams supporters fight for unity and rally together to create stability on and off the field, we turn on ourselves and repeatedly die in an sickening orgy of politics and civil hatred.  :chuck

We all want success for the Tigers but we will only get it if we come together, set upon a plan and stick with it until its end.

But just as we seem to be on the right path...enter March and political instability!  :help

I just hope it is just the media's and posionous supporters imaginations for our clubs future sake!  :pray

Stripes

:clapping top post Stripes.

Isn't it and shouldn't it be about what is best for the Club   ???

Not politics, not egos, but what is in the best interest fo the Richmond Football Club?

The percieved lack of unity, the lack of respect eminating out of the RFC in the 2 months isn't good for the RFC

Correct me if I am wrong but at the end of the 2004  season the RFC appointed a coach and gave him a 5 year contract so he could build a list so the Club could strive, achieve and maintain continued success? The irony isn't lost on me that Gary March and the rest of the current board (bar 2) made that decision

The definition of continual success was to play finals consistently rather than play a finals series one year and then miss out for the next 3-6 years?

By playing finals regularly it meant that we'd have decent chance to challenge for a flag?

That was the plan wasn't it?

The coach was given the 5 years because it was felt that is how long it would take to turn things around. There needed to be massive changes to the list I had a look at out list of 2008 and compared it the one from the end of 2004 and that there are not that many players left...

In 2008 I see we have made some steps forward .... we won 3.5 games in 2007 and wooden spoon, this year when most people (tiger fans included) thought a reasonable result would be 6-7 wins and we won 11.5....

Aren't things better?

Terry Wallace is about to enter the 5th year of his contract. The RFC made committment to him and his plan and they should see it through, they should honour it and support the footy department and let them do there bloody job....

IMHO opinion the worst thign the RFC can do at the moment is either sack the coach or force him into an untennable situation.

Can someone please explain to me why the views of a minoirty are deemed more important than everyone else

There are 30k+ members do we count? Does the majorities view matter at all?

Can someone tell me what exactly it is that we as a Club are doing here?

Gessh I am so effin angry :banghead :banghead

Here's a thought......

RFC for Geez sake GROW UP

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 10:11:58 PM »
I know what i'd be doing if I was in charge down there because it is so bloody obvious but no for some it just seems to hard  :banghead
Tell us Willie

Well the first thing I'd do Moi, is get the bloody President and Coach to sit down together and work out their differences. I honestly believe if everyone has the best interests of the Club at heart then this can and should happen.

After that meeting I'd have the "faces of the Club" face the media together.

These people would be:

President
Coach
CEO
New Footy Ops Director if there is one
Club Captain

All of them... sit down and show a united Club

And the other thing I'd do is crack down on leaks. I'd find out where they've come from and I'd be showing the "leaks" the door.....

Reasonalbe start I would think  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 04:18:23 AM »
Actually I read it with interest because Footscray supporters I know said that Wallace and Darcy didn't get along ( ;D) so for mine for Darcy to actually say something positive has to mean something....
I thought he posted it here and barracked for Richmond  ;D.

Isn't it and shouldn't it be about what is best for the Club   ???

Not politics, not egos, but what is in the best interest fo the Richmond Football Club?

The percieved lack of unity, the lack of respect eminating out of the RFC in the 2 months isn't good for the RFC
I wonder who has entered the building in that time. Everyone seemed fine and in agreement together over the past 4 years until recently which coincided with the appointment of a new L-plate loose-cannon board member with his own agenda ::).

Correct me if I am wrong but at the end of the 2004  season the RFC appointed a coach and gave him a 5 year contract so he could build a list so the Club could strive, achieve and maintain continued success? The irony isn't lost on me that Gary March and the rest of the current board (bar 2) made that decision

The definition of continual success was to play finals consistently rather than play a finals series one year and then miss out for the next 3-6 years?

By playing finals regularly it meant that we'd have decent chance to challenge for a flag?

That was the plan wasn't it?

The coach was given the 5 years because it was felt that is how long it would take to turn things around. There needed to be massive changes to the list I had a look at out list of 2008 and compared it the one from the end of 2004 and that there are not that many players left...

In 2008 I see we have made some steps forward .... we won 3.5 games in 2007 and wooden spoon, this year when most people (tiger fans included) thought a reasonable result would be 6-7 wins and we won 11.5....

Aren't things better?

Terry Wallace is about to enter the 5th year of his contract. The RFC made committment to him and his plan and they should see it through, they should honour it and support the footy department and let them do there bloody job....

IMHO opinion the worst thign the RFC can do at the moment is either sack the coach or force him into an untennable situation.

Can someone please explain to me why the views of a minoirty are deemed more important than everyone else

There are 30k+ members do we count? Does the majorities view matter at all?
Should be an interesting AGM if this instability continues and the average member is allowed to ask questions freely.

Who is up for re-election out of curiosity?

Can someone tell me what exactly it is that we as a Club are doing here?
I doubt the club knows itself. Board members listening to the same old backroom morons and nervous nellies who live in the 60s/70s and want quick fixes and whose only collective expertise is in how to continually stuff up a once proud and successful football club for 3 decades.

Seriously you feel like going down there on Tuesday night, barging in on the board meeting and as a paid up member demanding WTF are you imbeciles playing at!  >:(   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Moi

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 04:36:03 AM »

Reasonalbe start I would think  :thumbsup
Reasonable.
I was hoping for something more brutal, like stoning of the leakers at family day or something lol

PS:  Agree with everything  :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 05:03:59 AM »

Don Lord
Garry Cameron
Tony Free

Greg Miller was up for re-election. Tony Free took his spot on the board.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Moi

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 05:08:18 AM »
Don Lord is okay
Don't know about the other two

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 05:35:14 AM »

Don Lord
Garry Cameron
Tony Free

Greg Miller was up for re-election. Tony Free took his spot on the board.
Thanks FF.

I wonder if anyone will challenge Free.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 07:14:03 AM »
Reasonable.
I was hoping for something more brutal, like stoning of the leakers at family day or something lol

PS:  Agree with everything  :thumbsup

No need fro stoning Moi

Public humiliation for some would be more than enough I reckon...

As for Directors up for re-election

Don Lord is fantastic and has done a massive amount of work raising funds for the JDF
Gary Cameron - is a smart operator
Tony Free - once had the upmost repect for Free but not since what has happened over the last 2 months (refer to MT's post earlier about L-Plates ;D

Ox

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 11:03:47 AM »
Terry is smarter than March,therefore March has his back up.

Terry could play this in a way that March will never work again.

LOL March u Selfish f-wit!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 11:49:45 AM »
Terry is smarter than March,therefore March has his back up.

Terry could play this in a way that March will never work again.

LOL March u Selfish f-wit!

march will never work again? ::)

march is a multi millionaire doing a job for free for the club he loves. wallace is being paid 650k a year, surely his boss ( march ) should give him a job description, and the employee ( wallace ) should work within it. I mean if its good enough for Bomber, Ratten, and Clarkson, then FFS it should be good enough for wallace.

If anyone is never gunna work again its wallace. He has been coaching for 15 years and is yet to make a grand final. No wonder march has made him focus on COACHING THE FRICKEN SIDE as opposed to marketing/list management/administrative management.

We have people on place to do those roles for us, now wallace can focus 100% on what he has been paid to do...............coach. When the dust settles, this will be seen as one of the most important structural changes in our history.

The club is no longer run by morons, we will have the best facilities in the afl, we have been given access to 20 million dollars we will have a ground the size of TD and one the size of the MCG to train on. and remember this has been done by an administration on the back of 2 finals appearances in 25 years.

I know it is in the supporters psyche to be cycnical, but for FFS its all good, even if wallet walks. The sponsors will be announced very soon. The amount of positive news about to be released by the club is very very heartening.

I have never been this confident about the future as a richmond supporter/member in 25 years.

Ox

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 02:48:26 PM »
obviously meaning as president of an AFL club :sleep

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 05:52:50 PM »
I’m with you on this blaisee.  Some see this situation as a negative, when it could be the most positive thing to happen in a long time.

Sure this is shaking things up a bit, which is exactly what’s needed, and hasn’t happened in the past, because some were scared that if anyone so much as breathed it could disrupt everything.  But there’s a difference between a distraction caused by a disgruntled few wanting change for their own gratification and a review by those in charge.  And hopefully that’s what this is.

Anyway, what’s to be scared about?  If the coach walks because he doesn’t like the new working conditions then tough.  He wouldn’t get those conditions at any club other than Richmond, pre 2008. He should try getting a job at another AFL club and see what the circumstances are like.  They’d be exactly what they are at RFC now, I daresay.

And if the improvement was there in the players this season then why should it stop next year, regardless of who the coach is?  And if the improvement is not sustainable, because there’s a new coach then what does that say anyway?

It all points to RFC getting into the AFL and has to be a good thing?

Over the years, it seems we’ve come to place greater reliance on the coach at Richmond than at most other clubs, and it’s almost like many now think that success depends on him.  And that any sign of failure is his fault and any hint of success is his doing.

This is a really old way of thinking, because more than ever, success today is more dependent upon a club’s ability to manage and drive the whole process, rather than relying solely upon the ability of the coach, or any one individual to orchestrate it.  And the reality is that the well run clubs provide their footy departments with all the systems and support structures necessary to get the best out of players and to provide them with the best opportunity to make something of their careers.

In the past, the coach would’ve been the ‘main man’, but as an outsider looking in, it seems that the main requirement of a coach these days is his ability to handle match day, as most other aspects of coaching seem to be taken care of by others.  Without meaning to undersell or understate the role and significance of a coach in any way, in today’s AFL environment some coaches seem nothing more than glorified strategists, for the most part.

Mainly because clubs seem to have an abundance of support structures and systems in place, meaning the role of the coach is not what it once was.  At the same time though, he still plays an important and essential role and needs to know his players, to a large degree, and be able to motivate and inspire them.  And if he can’t communicate his message to them then his strategies will count for nothing, especially in crunch situations.

His overall value to a club would seem limited if he is unable to take his players to the required level, particularly given the resources made available within most footy departments.

Under these circumstances, a club is well within its rights to ask questions of those involved, if results are not forthcoming.  It is also their duty to do so.

And what would be more worrying is if the Club handed over its responsibility to drive success to those with a vested interested in the direction they steer.

So, basically, if this is handled properly and professionally, I don’t see how this whole thing could signify anything but positive and progressive change.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Ox

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 06:12:20 PM »
We're hardly scared....more in terms of annoyed with the treatment of the senior coach...the one whose supposed rapport with the players has been much maligned of late.

It's fine to categorize it as a corporate shakeup but since when does such a movement plead for public beration
as well as the choice of rumor and innuendo being permitted to gain momentum as a means to an end ?

Does March always undermine his employees and customers like this ?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 08:28:06 PM »
We're hardly scared....more in terms of annoyed with the treatment of the senior coach...the one whose supposed rapport with the players has been much maligned of late.

It's fine to categorize it as a corporate shakeup but since when does such a movement plead for public beration
as well as the choice of rumor and innuendo being permitted to gain momentum as a means to an end ?

they say that the more intelligent the audience, the easier it is to convince them with a logical argument. Unfortunately, the reverse is also true
 ;)

enough said

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 09:48:59 PM »

what has he done thats so wrong?

I like the way he has gone about his work March. Nothing wrong with keeping Wallace on his toes at all compadre.

if TW wants to get recognition, the only way is through a finals series in 2009, simple as that.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.