Author Topic: Richmond look to trade for picks and players / Culling after trade week (H-Sun)  (Read 1255 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond and Carlton look to trade for picks and players
Mark Robinson | September 11, 2008

RICHMOND and Carlton will delay most of their list culling until after trade week, which starts a week after the Grand Final.

The Tigers .... lost stalwart Greg Tivendale to retirement and, like Carlton, will be looking to trade their unwanted for picks and players.

"At the moment we've still got some guys playing at Coburg, their ressies are still going round, so I reckon we're a good chance to make a lot of decisions after trade week. (We'll) carry a lot of stuff through until trade week," Tigers list manager Craig Cameron said yesterday.

Cameron said Kayne Pettifer (knee reconstruction) had not been offered a new deal, adding the injury would not play a role in deciding Pettifer's future.

Chris Hyde, Graham Polak, Dean Polo and Danny Meyer are among the names to be assessed.

"Ultimately, there will be lots of blokes we have to make decisions on, in terms of whether we go on with them, whether we trade them, and Kayne's knee shouldn't make a difference one way or another," Cameron said.

"It should just be basically whether we think he's going to be a player for us in the future.

"And he's 26, he's got plenty of time to come back from a knee."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24326824-19742,00.html

bushranger

To me this way of going about it is good. But I can see it isn't the best for the players on the outer not knowing if they will still be a Tiger or not. But it a buissness now and not just a football team as it was many years ago. So if this is what the ones in charge want to do I will back them. They know more about what to do than I would.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
i think they will try and trade Petts. I don't think they will keep him on our list regardless. If they gave him another year to give him time to recover they would be in the same position next year - trade or keep. He will more than likely be delisted.

I'm surprised Meyer and Polo's name's are up. I would think another year for Meyer would be the more realistic scenario.

Stripes

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
i think they will try and trade Petts. I don't think they will keep him on our list regardless. If they gave him another year to give him time to recover they would be in the same position next year - trade or keep. He will more than likely be delisted.

I'm surprised Meyer and Polo's name's are up. I would think another year for Meyer would be the more realistic scenario.

Stripes

i believe the part about meyer and polo is simply robbo's own opinion....didn't come from craig cameron's mouth....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
You'd hope the players would at least know they are on the edge. Every player would've sat down with the coaching staff on the Tuesday and Wednesday after Mad Monday to discuss where they are at. Let's hope Sugar keeps his mouth shut before trade week on B&F night  ;D. It makes sense to see if there's any interest in players we no longer want before delisting them.

I'd think Robbo is just guessing who is under the pump. He's got Hyde listed as assessed yet we know he's gone already. Looking in from outside all those names make sense to query their future. Polo seemed to be first man dropped from the side if any changes were made during the year even when his form was reasonable and possibly better than other name players.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
i believe the part about meyer and polo is simply robbo's own opinion....didn't come from craig cameron's mouth....

I agree...

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

Meyer and Polo need to be retained. Meyer if injury free could be an asset next year.
Polo has been unlucky being dropped after good games a few times this year.
Its blokes like JON who should be in the firing line.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Meyer and Polo need to be retained. Meyer if injury free could be an asset next year.
Polo has been unlucky being dropped after good games a few times this year.
Its blokes like JON who should be in the firing line.

Totally agree HT.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
The problem is JON has zero trade value 3 years after being taken as a top 10 draft pick  :P. On the other hand Polo may have some value (not that I'm keen to trade him).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd