Author Topic: Richmond season review (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1144 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond season review (Herald-Sun)
« on: September 13, 2008, 03:43:03 AM »
Ready to Pounce
Jon Ralph | Herald Sun | 12-09-2008, Pg: 110

RICHMOND END-OF-SEASON REVIEW

Won 11
Lost 10
Drawn 1
Pos 9th

THE LIST

UNTOUCHABLE: Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley, Kelvin Moore

TRADE POTENTIAL: Kayne Pettifer, Dean Polo, Jay Schulz, Jake King

GOING, GOING? Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, Travis Casserly, Andrew Collins, Danny Meyer

GONE: Greg Tivendale, Chris Hyde

WHAT WENT RIGHT: 11.5 wins a great return from wooden spoon last year. Have a swag of young mids, talented key backs in Moore, Mcguane, Thursfield and Rance.

WHAT WENT WRONG: Losing critical games Carlton, Sydney & Adelaide. Allowed the board to get antsy, creating an ever-widening rift.

WHAT THEY NEED: Put on record they need another ruckman, if Wallace gets his way an established midfielder (Kerr), have plenty of key backs and mid-sized forwards, need depth in most other areas.

THE GOOD: Tigers averaged nine more contested possessions per game than its opponents (Second only to Geelong)

THE BAD: Tigers laid the fewest tackles in the competition this season and only out-tackled their opponents seven times.

B&F FAVOURITE: Matthew Richardson

SHEAHAN'S VERDICT: The club president aside, it's hard to find anyone who isn't bullish about 2009. Tigers won 8 of last 11. More importantly, Deledio, Foley, Moore, Morton, Cotchin, Thursfield, Riewoldt and company all look set for long, fruitful careers. Only three teams kicked more goals. The Tigers should be aiming at a minimum of 12 wins and finals next year.

www.newstext.com.au
www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12435021&postcount=1

bushranger

Re: Richmond season review (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 08:16:50 AM »
I can live that review.
But I don't like the idea of Kerr I think we should develop our own young ones and save money and trade pick. And about a tackles rate this will have to be looked into for next year. And I think that Tuck would have a good shake at the B&F.
But apart from that I'm happy with was has been reported.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 09:10:16 AM »

I can live that review.
But I don't like the idea of Kerr I think we should develop our own young ones and save money and trade pick.

I totally agree but again (and not saying you said this BR, I'm just responding to another media beat-up) for crying out loud - WHERE or WHEN did Wallace say he was going after Kerr?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 09:33:54 AM »
Very very safe from Ralphy but nothing to take to task so all good.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 05:19:11 PM »
Nothing in that review you wouldn't read here although Ralph contradicts himself mentioning going after Kerr when the cost of going for Kerr in terms of draft picks would prevent us fixing our other deficiencies.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

bushranger

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
Yer Smokey_58au I didn't say that about Kerr. I was just commenting on the report that said we should go for him as we need his type of player. Meaning Kerr. I said I would rather we stick with our young bloods and bring them through.