Author Topic: Official draft day thread  (Read 6208 times)

Ramps

Re: Official draft day thread
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 10:59:51 AM »
ITS BEEN A FARCICAL PERFORMANCE FROM OUR FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT TODAY IMHO. :banghead

Moi

« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 11:00:47 AM »
ITS BEEN A FARCICAL PERFORMANCE FROM OUR FOOTBALL DEPARTMENT TODAY IMHO. :banghead
Don't blame Wallace  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
66. Port - Dawson
67. Ess - Slattery
68. Freo - Ruffles
69. Bris - mcCulloch
70. Rich - PASS
71. North - Benjamin
72. Adel - W.Young
73. Coll - North's Leigh Brown
74. St K - Cahill  (late)

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 11:03:02 AM »
2/10

Complete Failure IMHO.

The ruckman Vickery was the correct decision and look I have nothing against the other kids, but we didnt need Post and Hislop  :banghead

Just a bad day IMHO.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 11:07:44 AM »
75. Haw - Savage

76. Melb - PASS
77. Freo - Hall
78. Port - Davenport from Geelong
79. Ess - PASS
80. Carl - Tiller
81. Bris - King
82. Bris - PASS
83. St K - Colm Begley from brisbane

84. Port - PASS
85. Carl - PASS

That is all folks!

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 11:12:22 AM »
Didnt see Cousin's name at all. He still has a chance at the PSD though doesnt he.  I want to laugh at whatever club takes him as long as its not RFC the i would be  :banghead  :chuck

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Why does a club spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on recruiting and administrative staff whose jobs are to go find kids and then they only pick 2 kids ... and a recycled.

I have a newsflash for Steve Wright, If you wanna save some money, sack your recruiters and your recruiting/football admin staff, and on the day of the draft take afew dollars to the local newsagency and theyll give you a couple of newspapers which list the top 20 or 30 players. Go to the draft, take a pen and just run the line through the players that get called out, Youll save our club an absolute bundle!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 11:23:24 AM »
Hislop is the only pick I'm not convinced on - happy with the first two - Post gives us another potential option up forward with Hughes and Reiwoldt, and Vickery was the best available at 8 as well as filling another need.  I hope we have done our homework very very well on Hislop, otherwise we have wasted a pick at 58.

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 11:26:25 AM »
After they got Thomson, there was no need for another recycled. I rekcon they recruited hislop because Wallace is in the last year of his contract.

Moi

« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 11:30:03 AM »
Why does a club spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on recruiting and administrative staff whose jobs are to go find kids and then they only pick 2 kids ... and a recycled.

I have a newsflash for Steve Wright, If you wanna save some money, sack your recruiters and your recruiting/football admin staff, and on the day of the draft take afew dollars to the local newsagency and theyll give you a couple of newspapers which list the top 20 or 30 players. Go to the draft, take a pen and just run the line through the players that get called out, Youll save our club an absolute bundle!

You're probably right, Ramps, the draft is just a lottery
The last two rising stars chosen respectively at pick no. 7

Me I'm disappointed in Vickery.  Maybe a good potential player, but two knee recos?  Not worth the risk IMO.

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 11:37:34 AM »

Me I'm disappointed in Vickery.  Maybe a good potential player, but two knee recos?  Not worth the risk IMO.

Im only aware of 1 knee reconstruction not 2 for Vickery. Hopefully it is only the one. He seems to have gotten over it. What disappoints me most is that the club knows that over the next 2 or so years concessions to the Gold Coast are going to take there toll on the draft pool .... and they produce what they produced today. I would sack them all.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »
wallace being removed from the decision making process of drafting has seen a marked idfference in our drafting objectives immediately.

From being considered a lighteweight soft football club we have added some serious talent with a very hard edge.

Vickery is a godsend for richmond, a genuine ruckman, whose skills below his knees are just ELITE. Great contested mark and elite disposal skills as well. The best thing about young tyrone is that he has a tinge of genuine nastiness about him, very very hard at the football and loves to tackle. Tyrone could also make it as a genuine A grade forward, he has elite speed and a great shot for goal. The fans are gunna love vickery I guarantee it.

Hislop and Thomson are genuine inside grunt players with solid bodies and elite ball winning ability.

Post reads the game as well as Joel Bowden does but is 194cm as is versatile and athletic enough to play anywhere on the ground.

We will put a dozen juniors through there paces and decide on a pre-season draft.

For the first time in living memory we now have balanced list

VIVA craig Cameron.

Moi

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 12:00:42 PM »

Im only aware of 1 knee reconstruction not 2 for Vickery. Hopefully it is only the one. He seems to have gotten over it. What disappoints me most is that the club knows that over the next 2 or so years concessions to the Gold Coast are going to take there toll on the draft pool .... and they produce what they produced today. I would sack them all.
Sorry Ramps, I might have got mixed up with Tom Swift or one of them.
Hope Ty does well  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »
wallace being removed from the decision making process of drafting has seen a marked idfference in our drafting objectives immediately.

From being considered a lighteweight soft football club we have added some serious talent with a very hard edge.

Vickery is a godsend for richmond, a genuine ruckman, whose skills below his knees are just ELITE. Great contested mark and elite disposal skills as well. The best thing about young tyrone is that he has a tinge of genuine nastiness about him, very very hard at the football and loves to tackle. Tyrone could also make it as a genuine A grade forward, he has elite speed and a great shot for goal. The fans are gunna love vickery I guarantee it.

Hislop and Thomson are genuine inside grunt players with solid bodies and elite ball winning ability.

Post reads the game as well as Joel Bowden does but is 194cm as is versatile and athletic enough to play anywhere on the ground.

We will put a dozen juniors through there paces and decide on a pre-season draft.

For the first time in living memory we now have balanced list

VIVA craig Cameron.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Go tell em to go buy the herald sun and the age next year on the day of the draft, instead of wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars ... common Blaisee you know its been a farce.  :help

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 12:02:47 PM »

Fact

lol

I dont get why we spend money on recurting, get special software to evaluate them etc. This draft was suposed to be very deep and the last full draft for years yet we get two kids only.

We must be ultra confident in the midfiled we have and that we Cogs will come back strong.

I am confused to be honest.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!