Author Topic: Tiger cuts threat to game day: Hutchy  (Read 2790 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger cuts threat to game day: Hutchy
« on: September 21, 2008, 05:11:41 PM »
This isn't online so I typed it out.

Edition 1 - FIRSTSUN 21 SEP 2008, Page S07
Tiger cuts threat to game day
By Craig Hutchison

* RICHMOND has slashed its costs for next season in a move that could hit the football department.

The Tigers' ballooning costs prompted the club's board to ask each department -- including football -- to reduce budgets for season 2009.

President Gary March has denied any football cost-cutting will take place.

But it's believed the Tigers may spend up to $500,000 less than expected next season on football.

At this week's best and fairest, considerable time was spent on fundraising for the club's rookie list -- a move that raised eyebrows.

The Tigers are expected to announce their new football chief this week, with list manager Craig Cameron the favourite.

But their search has spread far and wide, with former Bulldog Luke Darcy the latest to be sounded out.

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger cuts threat to game day: Hutchy
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:19:09 PM »
Sounds weird seeing we are meant to be getting an additional assistant and also another development coach.

richmondrules

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:03:47 PM »
But their search has spread far and wide, with former Bulldog Luke Darcy the latest to be sounded out.

I thought Darcy and Wallace really didn't like each other.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:40:09 PM »
i smell a rat and i believe that rat is none other than TW.

no one wants to work with him it seems. It looks like people are running away from the job.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »

no one wants to work with him it seems. It looks like people are running away from the job.
Would you like a tin foil hat to go with that conspiracy based on absolutely nothing but your bias?
The most common sense reason for this is that with the current economic climate the board isn't confident of matching AFG's sponsorship income next year.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 08:52:55 PM »

Would you like a tin foil hat to go with that conspiracy based on absolutely nothing but your bias?
The most common sense reason for this is that with the current economic climate the board isn't confident of matching AFG's sponsorship income next year.

cutting the footy department, what a joke.

all our money should be going towards that area, esp player development.m it has been our achilles heal for 20 years.

we continue to be the joke of the afl.

cant nail a sponsor, cant nail a director of footy. pathetic.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 09:02:36 PM »
Don't know if it's true but I've heard the club is concerned that while it should hold onto its bigger sponsors that due to the current financial downturn some smaller lower-level sponsors may drop out. The Club may make a decent profit this year but next year may be just break-even. Having said that all the football cost-cutting may be is Tivs, Hyde and most likely Petts going and replacing them with young draftees which will free up cap room in readiness for our youngsters to develop and demand more money. Richo, Joel, Sugar, Browny and Simmo will free up more room in the next 2-3 years as they retire. The Club should also have the redevelopments of Craigieburn and Punt Rd finished by 2010.

I can't see Darcy becoming our new director of football with no experience in the all-round areas we are supposedly seeking. Perhaps he's being sounded out as an assistant coach. I thought we are announcing our new director of football tomorrow anyway. Hutchy may be just talking garbage again.

Darcy was interviewed about Wallace in the Herald-Sun a couple of weeks ago (the Dimmatina one) and praised Wallace as a coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 09:11:39 PM »

All clubs currently without a major sponsor are struggling to find them....  North, Dogs, Melbourne

The only Club that has a new deal for 2009 is Essendon and that deal was something that took close to 12 months to finalise....

I reckon a lot of clubs are lucky that they have their sponsors locked into 2009... or this sceanrio would affecting the comp in general
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:25:59 PM »
cutting the footy department, what a joke.

all our money should be going towards that area, esp player development.m it has been our achilles heal for 20 years.

we continue to be the joke of the afl.

You're name on here should be Haviana with the amount you flip flop, the only thing consistent about you is the fact you are always sticking the boot (or the thong) into the club. First you blame Wallace for a board issue and when you get called out on it you just stick it to the whole club.

Funniest thing about the whole situation is the amount we are wanting to cut from the budget will probably largely be countered about the fairly significant salary that our CEO of football will be receiving. Nice to see that March is syphoning funds from the football department to fund the off field staff.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:26:53 PM »
Don't know if it's true but I've heard the club is concerned that while it should hold onto its bigger sponsors that due to the current financial downturn some smaller lower-level sponsors may drop out. The Club may make a decent profit this year but next year may be just break-even. Having said that all the football cost-cutting may be is Tivs, Hyde and most likely Petts going and replacing them with young draftees which will free up cap room in readiness for our youngsters to develop and demand more money. Richo, Joel, Sugar, Browny and Simmo will free up more room in the next 2-3 years as they retire. The Club should also have the redevelopments of Craigieburn and Punt Rd finished by 2010.

I can't see Darcy becoming our new director of football with no experience in the all-round areas we are supposedly seeking. Perhaps he's being sounded out as an assistant coach. I thought we are announcing our new director of football tomorrow anyway. Hutchy may be just talking garbage again.

Darcy was interviewed about Wallace in the Herald-Sun a couple of weeks ago (the Dimmatina one) and praised Wallace as a coach.

hutchy often talks alot of garbage

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:35:24 PM »
Nice to see that March is syphoning funds from the football department to fund the off field staff.
What proof have you got of this or are you making it up?
March has said repeatedly there will not be cuts to the football department and that there will be additions.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 10:40:39 PM »
Nice to see that March is syphoning funds from the football department to fund the off field staff.
What proof have you got of this or are you making it up?
March has said repeatedly there will not be cuts to the football department and that there will be additions.
Sorry, if Hutchy is correct about our budget slashing

Having said that, March has a fair bit to deliver on at the moment. New CEO of football, new assistant coaches and new sponsors are yet to be delivered and there isn't much of a positive vibe from any of those just yet.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
Seems Hutchy has been making things up again to create a story that isn't there  ::). We wouldn't be adding two new people to recruiting if we were making $500k cuts to the footy dept.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:34 PM »
Seems Hutchy has been making things up again to create a story that isn't there  ::). We wouldn't be adding two new people to recruiting if we were making $500k cuts to the footy dept.

hutchy is a disgrace

we actually be spending more in our footy department in 09 than we spent in 08 ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2008, 05:10:53 AM »
Another 'journo' who was wrong  :wallywink