Author Topic: Tiger gets quick promotion / All assistant coaches reappointed (Age)  (Read 1488 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger gets quick promotion
Michael Gleeson | September 23, 2008

RICHMOND has promoted its new recruiting manager, Craig Cameron, to the most senior and important football position at the club — general manager of football.

Having looked outside the club and interviewed more than a dozen candidates, the Tigers are believed to have appointed Cameron yesterday. An announcement is expected to be made today.

Cameron replaces Greg Miller, who was sacked earlier this year, in the chief football role.

Cameron joined the club from Melbourne, where he was recruiting and list manager. It is believed he applied for the position late in the process after initially feeling he should not seek a new role after only arriving at the club in January.

He is expected to manage the club's recruiting through this year's trade period and the national and pre-season drafts before the club appoints two more people to replace him in recruiting. As a respected recruiter, Cameron is likely to retain executive control of list management.

The appointment is critical at Punt Road, with coach Terry Wallace in the final year of his five-year contract next year and the club at a point of reassessing and analysing its development.

Despite speculation of a cleanout at the Tigers after Miller was sacked, all assistant coaches who were out of contract have been reappointed.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-gets-quick-promotion/2008/09/22/1221935546191.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Tiger gets quick promotion / All assistant coaches reappointed (Age)
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »
Despite speculation of a cleanout at the Tigers after Miller was sacked, all assistant coaches who were out of contract have been reappointed.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tiger-gets-quick-promotion/2008/09/22/1221935546191.html

:thumbsup ;D

:whistle

What a surprise ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 09:35:01 AM »
all assistants re-instated,

The director of football appointed internally, with the coaches blessing

two new recruiting staff to begin shortly

It seems as though the coach has been appeased, stability reigns.

Very similar to the geelong situation, when everybody was re-evaluated and they all kept their jobs

Pointedly the structure of the place has changed, wallet has a new boss, he is more accountable, his job decsription narrowed,  but yet he has been given all the tools he wanted, coaches/admin ect

He really has no excuses next year....none. No finals means no terry for 2010.

The process may have been messy, but the result I believe will consolidate the gains made by the team in 2008.

Interesting year ahead me thinks, some reputations will be made or shattered in 09, bring it on!!! ;)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:29 AM »

Very similar to the geelong situation, when everybody was re-evaluated and they all kept their jobs

Pointedly the structure of the place has changed, wallet has a new boss, he is more accountable, his job decsription narrowed,  but yet he has been given all the tools he wanted, coaches/admin ect

The process may have been messy, but the result I believe will consolidate the gains made by the team in 2008.

Interesting year ahead me thinks, some reputations will be made or shattered in 09, bring it on!!! ;)

including some of you who have been praising this spud since day one.

come September next year we will see who was right.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:54:18 AM »

Who are you talking about? Wallace, March, Cameron?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Tigers appoint GM of football
11:12 AM Tue 23 September, 2008

The Richmond Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Craig Cameron as its new General Manager of Football.

Craig is currently the club’s list and strategy manager. Before commencing with the Tigers in January 2008 he was Melbourne’s recruiting manager for 11 years.

During this time Craig’s role expanded to include broader list management responsibilities, including player contracting and TPP compliance.

While Craig was at Melbourne the Demons made the finals series on six occasions. Prior to this Craig worked extensively in advertising and marketing and comes to this role with a strong management background.

“Craig brings a depth of experience with him to this position and possesses an outstanding knowledge of football operations at the broader AFL level and an intimate knowledge of the workings of our club,” Richmond CEO Steven Wright said.

“After a long and exhaustive search it is pleasing that we found our ideal candidate internally,” Wright said.

“Craig is held in extremely high regard throughout the football industry and we are delighted that he’ll be continuing his association with our club in this new capacity,” he said.

“As head of our football department, Craig Cameron will oversee the draft and recruiting process together with Recruiting Manager Francis Jackson,” Wright said.

“I am excited about the continued development of this young list at Richmond. I look forward to working with Terry Wallace, his coaching staff, the playing group, the board and administration of the club,” Craig Cameron said.

“I will be striving to help put together the best possible playing list for our club moving forward,” Cameron said.

http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=68100
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »

I would say Terry's head won't be the only one on the chopping block in 2009 if the side fails to perform. Messy is an understatement to describe what has happened over the past 3 months. Hopefully for the RFC's sake, cool-heads and stability has now returned especially at board level with its L-plater on board and they've learnt the best interests of the footy team comes first.

David King was apparently one of those assistants who was uncontracted. Hopefully the club is still going through with employing another development coach to go with McRae. We still have Rawlings wearing two hats at Coburg and as our forward line coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 10:30:49 PM »

Who are you talking about? Wallace, March, Cameron?

Wallace.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.