Author Topic: Nobody ruled in or out - Cameron on SEN  (Read 1266 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Nobody ruled in or out - Cameron on SEN
« on: September 23, 2008, 05:59:16 PM »
I caught a snippet of Cameron on SEN with Francis and Ox. Francis asked him if we were interested in Cousins and Cameron replied Ben has a lot hoops to jump through first with the AFL before he can be considered. Ox then said so would Richmond would be interested? Cameron said we are going to consider every player who can improve our list and we are ruling no-one in or out at this stage. They then asked him about Kerr and Cameron said Kerr is contracted for another year. Ox pushed it further but Cameron wouldn't budge from his statement that no-one will be ruled in or out at this stage and we will consider any player who can improve and add to our list.

Make of that what you will.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Nobody ruled in or out - Cameron on SEN
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 06:10:03 PM »
"March hasn't told me what to say ....yet"

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 06:18:32 PM »
Was a waste of time that interview, very unimpressive start as the face of our Football Department.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 06:27:20 PM »
we are a rabble.

who knows with this fruitloop we might pick up benny cousins.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:27:47 PM »
Wasn't he part of recruiting also? Is he going to keep that role or exclusively oversee the job requirements of his new appointment? Didn't Miller wear too many hats with detrimental effect? Are we going down the same path again? If he is going to give up recruiting and talent who will assume the role?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 06:38:14 PM »
Wasn't he part of recruiting also? Is he going to keep that role or exclusively oversee the job requirements of his new appointment? Didn't Miller wear too many hats with detrimental effect? Are we going down the same path again? If he is going to give up recruiting and talent who will assume the role?
At the moment yep Cameron is wearing both GM and list manager hats but the article said we're adding two people to recruiting which if the club wants to be seem as consistent one should be the new list manager. Otherwise we would be just swapping Miller for Cameron.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 06:44:51 PM »
Was a waste of time that interview, very unimpressive start as the face of our Football Department.

I didn't hear the interview so I cannot comment on that

But I am prepared to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt regarding his first interview.

Struth I'd be more interested in who we are looking at trading than bloody Ben Cousins ... so if asking about Cousins is the best Ox & Frank can do  :-\

I am also prepared to give the bloke a go .....  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 08:14:42 PM »
I only heard a snippet as I said so I didn't hear the whole interview but I didn't mind his "nothing" straight bat answer. Prefer more of it at Punt Rd actually. IIRC Royal(?) said a while ago that we wouldn't be interested in Cousins as he doesn't fit the age bracket we are interested in.

What else was asked TFL?

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:56 PM »
cameron came accross as very professional.

at this stage of the journey we shouldnt be ruling anyone in or out. We will look at every deal and players made available to us, and assessing whether that deal will improve our list

cc was spot on.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:48:43 PM »

at this stage of the journey we shouldnt be ruling anyone in or out. We will look at every deal and players made available to us, and assessing whether that deal will improve our list

cc was spot on.

I get the feeling this could be a very interesting trade week .... which on one hand will be good because it gives us something to talk about but on the other I know I'll hate it  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:00:42 PM »

cc was spot on.

yep..i think that's the correct way to go too.....i mean...what's the point of ruling someone out at this stage?? it achieves nothing at all....and what if a great deal comes up for that specific player in the future?? do we then not take advantage of the deal cos we've already ruled him out??

ruling out no one is the way to go....as long as we trust the direction that craig cameron and the club is going with then there's no probs

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
At the moment yep Cameron is wearing both GM and list manager hats but the article said we're adding two people to recruiting which if the club wants to be seem as consistent one should be the new list manager. Otherwise we would be just swapping Miller for Cameron.

i believe that article on afl.com.au simplies that from now until this draft cameron will do both GM and list manager jobs due to the short turnaround time but that will change after that as we'll be getting 2 more recruiting personnel to take over the recruiting/list management together with francis jackson

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

i believe that article on afl.com.au simplies that from now until this draft cameron will do both GM and list manager jobs due to the short turnaround time but that will change after that as we'll be getting 2 more recruiting personnel to take over the recruiting/list management together with francis jackson
Yep too late now to add to recruiting staff. Like Craig Cameron last year the new personnel will join us at the end of the year in readiness for 2009. Interesting to see who we appoint.