Author Topic: Rob Guest dies after suffering a stroke  (Read 3521 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rob Guest dies after suffering a stroke
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:45:08 AM »
Theatre great Rob Guest dies after suffering a stroke
October 02, 2008 01:56am

THEATRE great Rob Guest died peacefully in hospital last night, after suffering a major stroke.

Guest, 57, who stars as the Wizard of Oz in the Melbourne hit musical Wicked, was taken to St Vincent's Hospital  on Tuesday after suffering the stroke.

Early this morning, a hospital spokesperson said: "The family want the public to know he was surrounded by family and friends when he died''.

The former Phantom of the Opera star and host of 90s TV show Man O Man had been in a critical condition on life support.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24434440-661,00.html

bushranger

Re: Rob Guest dies after suffering a stroke
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »
Now I don't mean this to sound as bad as it does, so please no one take any offence to it as this isn't my intentions.
What I find as strange is that he has died in the exact same way as his dad did. I just can't get my head around that, as strange as it sounds.
I would have thought that he would have done everthing in his power to make sure he was safe from going down the same track.

Moi

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »
Now I don't mean this to sound as bad as it does, so please no one take any offence to it as this isn't my intentions.
What I find as strange is that he has died in the exact same way as his dad did. I just can't get my head around that, as strange as it sounds.
I would have thought that he would have done everthing in his power to make sure he was safe from going down the same track.
Not offended, but not sure I get what you mean.
How do you prevent yourself from having a stroke?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 02:26:41 AM »
You could take a bloodthinner like warfarin or even a low dose of aspirin to help prevent clots forming but as he apparently had no symptoms or health problems I'd doubt a bloodthinner would be prescribed. Warfarin isn't something you would take by choice or as a preventer. Even then there's no guarantee a stroke will be prevented.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd