Author Topic: Something from left field - could Simmonds play a Bradshaw role?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Simmo has always impressd me up forward. Could we play him out of the square with Richo drifting around the park and Reiwoldt as the true 3rd forward? We might be able to get another year of use out of him this way. He could play forward 60% of the game and ruck/rest the rest with Patto working to get to contests.

Thursfeild Rance Meyer
Newman McGaune Moore
Tuck Coughlan Cotchin
Brown Richo Tambling
Morton Simmonds Reiwoldt
Pattison Deledio Foley
Connors Edwards White  Raines/Polo/Jackson

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Something from left field - could Simmonds play a Bradshaw role?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:46:56 AM »
good in theory but i dont rate Pattison as a Ruckman.

Id like to see his stats on effective tapouts. He tries hard but we have too many players who try hard.

I dont know much about Putt, Graham or Cartledge to be honest but surely one of them have talent.

Ayce Cordy anyone? From all reports he will be a gun.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:45:23 AM »

We have no shot at getting Ayce Cordy.  He will be a Western Bulldogs Father-Son pick.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »

We have no shot at getting Ayce Cordy.  He will be a Western Bulldogs Father-Son pick.

i wouldn't be too sure about that.

Saints are looking at trumping the buldogs with their 13th pick. Buldogs have 14.
Apparently he is worth it. Heard people say he is better than most players in the Draft.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:51:21 AM »

Saints are looking at trumping the buldogs with their 13th pick. Buldogs have 14.
Apparently he is worth it. Heard people say he is better than most players in the Draft.

Does't work like that with the father-son bidding system Dan.

Any club can bid for a player and then the father-son eligible team can choose whether to get the player for the pick directly under what the other club has offered.

So St Kilda can bid 13 if they want, but that still means the Bulldogs can choose to take him at pick 14 and he's instantly a Bulldog, not a Saint.

However if the Saints put in a bid at 13, and the Dogs decide he isnt worth pick 14 then he is a Saint.  But that aint happening.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 09:40:11 PM »
Simmo has always impressd me up forward. Could we play him out of the square with Richo drifting around the park and Reiwoldt as the true 3rd forward? We might be able to get another year of use out of him this way. He could play forward 60% of the game and ruck/rest the rest with Patto working to get to contests.
Freo tried Simmo as a power forward and it was a dismal failure. I know they forced him to stack on the kgs which we wouldn't do but I believe these days he and us will get caught out on the rebound once the ball hits the ground if he spent most of his time up forward.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 11:03:16 PM »
No, he was played as predominantly a Key forward in first year and was terrible...we have other options worth trying at FF in Hughes, JR, Gourdis and Putt
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 11:08:02 PM »

Does't work like that with the father-son bidding system Dan.

Any club can bid for a player and then the father-son eligible team can choose whether to get the player for the pick directly under what the other club has offered.

So St Kilda can bid 13 if they want, but that still means the Bulldogs can choose to take him at pick 14 and he's instantly a Bulldog, not a Saint.

However if the Saints put in a bid at 13, and the Dogs decide he isnt worth pick 14 then he is a Saint.  But that aint happening.

copy that