Author Topic: Media Scum  (Read 4200 times)

froars

Media Scum
« on: September 04, 2004, 11:03:02 AM »
I was watching last night the tragic events in Russia unfold on Fox and the reports that came in said that an agreement had been reached between the terrorists and the army for troops to come in and remove some of the dead.  Unfortunately, when this happened a couple of the children tried to escape and the terrorists started shooting at them.  It was then that the Russian troops returned fire and all hell broke loose.

I wake up this morning to hear the American TV reports that the Russian troops stormed the building which is not what happened at all according to all their bloody reports all night.

Journalists make me sick.  How much of what we see on TV and read in the papers is sensationalist or agenda-driven journalism.  Unless I see it with my own eyes, I don’t believe nothing no more.

Sympathies to all those people affected. ???
« Last Edit: September 04, 2004, 01:18:55 PM by froars »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Media Scum
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 03:56:36 PM »
IMO from having spent a couple of months OS in a non-english speaking country and relying on CNN and BBC World Service for news, that the American news networks pump up what's occurred since to them presentation is all important. They are also particularly one-eyed (excuse the pun) in their reporting and like to give editorials as they present the news. On the other hand, the BBC were more about just reporting what had happened which I found more useful despite it being a bit on the sameness side presentation wise. I might add that I heard stuff all about Oz from all of them except for the Tampa "crisis" which was going on at that time as well as 9/11 when I was OS. What the Aussie papers on the net and Foreign media were reporting you would have thought there were two Tampa's off Australia ::)

As for the tragic events in Russia last night :'(  :'(  :'(.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

2JD

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 04:13:39 PM »
I cannot imagine what the parents of those children must have been going through, I would have lost my mind with worry i think. Cant tell you how much I hate the gutless B*st*rds that would hold innocent children hostage.  :'( :'( :'(

Ox

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 12:43:49 AM »
They should be pumped with aids blood and left in the city square in a cage for people to thow rocks at until they finally die.