Author Topic: Frawley Passes On His Knowledge  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Frawley Passes On His Knowledge
« on: October 08, 2008, 12:55:24 PM »
Seems like all the good things Danny learnt at Richmond are now going to be made available for the whole coaching fraternity.  And check out the bit about Hawthorn's forward coach!   :rollin

From todays' Age website:

DANNY Frawley is poised to replace Neale Daniher as boss of the AFL Coaches Association in a widening role that will focus on fast-tracking qualified assistant coaches for the expanded competition.

Frawley is understood to have met Daniher and AFLCA executive members Paul Roos, Neil Craig and Mark Williams on Monday for talks that also marked the advancement of a pivotal new agreement between the AFL and the coaches working towards a multimillion-dollar funding agreement.

The Age understands that the coaches' association has pushed for an annual funding agreement worth $3 million over three years as recognition of the coaches' value to the game and the lack of adequate development for coaching assistants.

Frawley, 45, who coached Richmond for five years from 2000 to 2004, would also oversee renewed focus on supporting outgoing senior coaches.

Securing the popular Frawley, who played 240 games for St Kilda and was the Saints' longest-serving captain, would be something of a coup for the coaches' association, which has lost Daniher to a senior football position with West Coast after just one year.

Frawley, who has worked in the media since departing Richmond, and for Lindsay Fox's transport group, has also coached part-time at Hawthorn and is believed to have been sounded out for a full-time position as the Hawks' forward coach.

The strengthened AFL partnership with the coaches is due largely to the work of Daniher and some heavy lobbying from his AFLCA executive colleague Kevin Sheedy. Daniher has presented the AFL executive with a three-year business plan tied to the current broadcast-rights agreement, which ends in 2011.

The AFL Commission is expected to sign off on a three-year financial agreement with its coaches on Monday. Not only would aspiring coaches be given scope to study, and undergo various mentoring and training programs, but retiring coaches would remain under the wing of the AFLCA.

The 16 senior coaches would also contribute to a retirement fund and the coaches' association would continue to work to attract corporate sponsorship with a view to being self-funded by 2012.

While the coaches are also pushing for better conditions, including a day off each week during the season, the association will continue to push for a louder voice on the laws-of-the-game committee and other panels, such as selection of the All-Australian coach.

The AFLCA's recent coaches' survey showed the majority of coaches "believed the issue of deliberate rushed behinds needs to be addressed" but did not want to change the historic scoring system.

They also want to address the harsh new penalty for breaching interchange rules and the current interpretation of chopping arms in marking contests, which the coaches believe is too severe.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/frawley-set-to-head-the-coaches-union/2008/10/07/1223145357255.html

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Frawley Passes On His Knowledge
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 01:05:32 PM »
Frawley as a full time forward coach for the Hawks??  :o :stupid
Thats like selling sand to the eskimo's  :lol

Well I guess the only way is down for the hawks!  :rollin

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
Frawley as a full time forward coach for the Hawks??  :o :stupid
Thats like selling sand to the eskimo's  :lol

Well I guess the only way is down for the hawks!  :rollin
The only way I can justify that would be that with Franklin, Roughead, Williams, Rioli and perhaps O'Keefe, they just don't need any coaching

Offline Bene Boy

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • I'm a 2014 member - Are you ?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »
its not April 1st is it :)  and a day off each week for the coach during the playing season ur got to be kidding right it's not going to happen
The question we all want an answer too
Are These The Real Richmond Tigers ?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »
rofl
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Ox

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »
This is Frawley,passing on his knowledge.

Wizard of Oz - "Would you like some knowledge to go with that agricultural passion ?"

Spud - Yeh,Nah,look,Nah....thanks but I'll pass.

bushranger

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 07:42:22 PM »
its not April 1st is it :)  and a day off each week for the coach during the playing season ur got to be kidding right it's not going to happen
Couldn't say it any better. So I wont.

Offline skiddymcghee

• Future Richmond star
  • "Be the Ball
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
Is this a joke?

Watch the quality of coaching decline.

"Frawley, 45, who coached Richmond for five years from 2000 to 2004, would also oversee renewed focus on supporting outgoing senior coaches" - well hello, he should have had vast experience with this aspect anyway!.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 11:25:27 PM »
Is this a joke?

Watch the quality of coaching decline.
Well one former coach of ours has made such a good effort at stuffing up the quality of umpiring, another the rules of the game,  and so now the AFL is probably thinking 3rd time lucky with the coaches :help lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd