Author Topic: Will we make any more trades?  (Read 3147 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Will we make any more trades?
« on: October 08, 2008, 05:29:28 PM »
Trading pick 42 for Thomson makes it unlikely we'll trade away pick 26 as well. Do you think we may now try to trade a player away now (Polo?) to get a further pick such as a replacement 3rd round pick or late 2nd rounder?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Will we make any more trades?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 09:31:44 PM »
If they had half a brain they would try.

Problem is outside of Polo i dont see any value in any our players, including Petts.

I hope not because i rate Polo. I just think he has limited game time at our club.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:36:58 PM »
JUST A THEORETICAL

at the moment it looks like

Hawthorn are gonna get O'Keefe
Sydney are gonna get Brad Green
Melbourne is gonna get pick 16

I would offer Nathan Brown to Sydney. Brown is better than Green. If Hawthorn gets O'Keefe then thats bad for the competition. Why strengthen the premiership club. We can stuff up this trade from Hawthorns perspective, Brown can try and get a flag at Sydney and Richmond can get a 1st round pick. The fact that Brad Green is a 1st round pick surely hes not as good as Brown trade wise. From a financial point of view we can take $500,000 out of the salary cap in 1 hit as well.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 09:42:26 PM »
JUST A THEORETICAL

I would offer Nathan Brown to Sydney. Brown is better than Green. If Hawthorn gets O'Keefe then thats bad for the competition. Why strengthen the premiership club. We can stuff up this trade from Hawthorns perspective, Brown can try and get a flag at Sydney and Richmond can get a 1st round pick. The fact that Brad Green is a 1st round pick surely hes not as good as Brown trade wise. From a financial point of view we can take $500,000 out of the salary cap in 1 hit as well.

agree.

Brown and Solarium are so close it will never happen.

I believe Brown brings no value to our side whatsoever anymore. His a dead man walking.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:53:57 PM »
I hope not

I am still having trouble understanding the likely Thomson trade.

We've put 3 mids up for trade (going by the papers & Petts isn't a MID for mine) because we wanted a ruckman & KPP

And we trade for a MID  :help

Unless we can get another 2nd round pick I don't really see much point in trading anybody
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 09:59:01 PM »
I hope not

I am still having trouble understanding the likely Thomson trade.

We've put 3 mids up for trade (going by the papers & Petts isn't a MID for mine) because we wanted a ruckman & KPP

And we trade for a MID  :help

Unless we can get another 2nd round pick I don't really see much point in trading anybody

Im guessing they are not confident on Coughlan and Kane Johnson is finishing or close to the end of his career, Thomson is cheap, and they need an extra player in the middle to take some heat for the likes of Deledio and Cotchin and Foley.

By the way if we did try and trade Brown to Sydney we would end up with 8, 12 and 26 and our recruiters could go home early on draft day after picking up 3 very good quality youngsters.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:41 PM »
JUST A THEORETICAL

there is no way a club even sydney is gunna trade a first round pick for brown.
he has played fit, 10 games in the last 4 years

some people on here need a reality check.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:34:02 PM »
JUST A THEORETICAL

The only person who needs a reality check is you.

Stick to lawn bowls buddy this is a man's world.

Edit: no personal sledges
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:08:33 AM by one-eyed »

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »
JUST A THEORETICAL

The only person who needs a reality check is you.

Stick to lawn bowls buddy this is a man's world.

What does that effwit rant have to do with the topic.

And I agree with Blaisee, Brown is 31 and you want a 1st round pick?  In your dreams.

Edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 03:11:04 AM by one-eyed »
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ramps

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 11:59:01 PM »
Why is Brad Green worth a 1st rounder and Nathan Brown isnt? You guys arent surely saying that Brad Green is a better footballer than Brown. You guys have got to be kidding me.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 09:52:23 AM »
Why is Brad Green worth a 1st rounder and Nathan Brown isnt? You guys arent surely saying that Brad Green is a better footballer than Brown. You guys have got to be kidding me.

green is 3 years younger than brown, 28 next year, he has shown an ability to be durable with injuries he has averaged 21 games a year since 2000

Brown is 31, and has played 49 of a possible 88 games since 2005. As we all know he suffered a horrific leg break, and is still suffering complications relating to that horrific injury.

Its not about who is the better footballer, its about going forward who will provide more value in the afl. Brown is way way too risky for a club to trade a first round pick for. Green is still at his physical peak ( 28) and has been lucky enough to have no major injuries and hence has a much sounder body.

Absolutely no chance of brown being worth a 1st round pick

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 11:37:31 AM »
Sport 927 trade wrap this morning:

Richmond – All quiet after the Thompson deal, no news on Seaby and the Bulldogs are looking at Schultz

Port Adelaide – Winner out of the Thompson deal.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12756216&postcount=77

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »
I suppose if we dont do anymore trades the question will be (once this boredom fest is over tomorrow of course) who do we cut?

We have to use 3 picks in the national draft.... and we know of 2 blokes who are gawn...

IMHO you would want at least 4 spaces on the list = 3 picks in the national & 1 PSD

So who goes ?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »
I suppose if we dont do anymore trades the question will be (once this boredom fest is over tomorrow of course) who do we cut?

We have to use 3 picks in the national draft.... and we know of 2 blokes who are gawn...

IMHO you would want at least 4 spaces on the list = 3 picks in the national & 1 PSD

So who goes ?

If the RFC had half a brain then that person would be JON.

Of course they dont though.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 05:09:25 PM »

So who goes ?

I reckon Casserly is in danger but no-one else is jumping out.  Who is still uncontracted?