Author Topic: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted  (Read 10484 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Meyer and Casserly both delisted
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
Disappointing that Meyer has gone, and shocked that Pettifer stays on the list.

it's possible we may still delist pettifer after the at a later date to pick up an extra player in the national draft or PSD

Absolutely an option peggles...

These de-listing are rerquired by the 31/10/08 as per the Nat Draft rules, they certainly can make more changes
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
SEN have confirmed from the RFC that Hyde, Meyer and Cass are gone.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond list changes - Meyer, Casserly & Hyde delisted (RFC)
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »
Richmond list changes
richmondfc.com.au
2:26 PM Thu 16 October, 2008

Richmond has made three further changes to its playing list ahead of the 2009 season, with Chris Hyde, Danny Meyer and Travis Casserly informed they will not be offered new contracts.

The Tigers have now made four changes to their 2008 list, following Greg Tivendale’s departure at the end of the season.

Hyde was recruited to the club in the 2000 National Draft with pick 40 overall, amassing 93 games and kicking 39 goals over nine years.

His best season came in 2006, when he played all 22 games, kicked 13 goals and averaged 16.7 possessions.

He produced a career-high 29 possessions against the Western Bulldogs in round three, 2005, and was awarded a total of eight brownlow votes.

Meyer arrived at the club from South Australia via the 2004 National Draft, where he was taken with pick 12.

He made his debut in round six, 2005, playing six games for the season. He added eight games in the following year and three in 2007, taking his career tally to 17 in three seasons.

Casserly endured a frustrating run with injury during three seasons at Tigerland, with persistent soft tissue injuries thwarting his bid to kick-start a career at senior AFL level.

He was selected with pick 40 in the 2005 National Draft after impressing at senior level with Swan Districts in the Western Australian Football League, but did not play a senior game with the Tigers.

Richmond will finalise the changes to its playing list before the AFL list lodgement deadline of October 31.

The club’s remaining selections in the 2008 National Draft include 8, 26, 58, 74, 90, 106 and 122.

The Tigers used their third round pick (no. 42) to secure Port Adelaide midfielder Adam Thomson during AFL Trade Week.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/AFL2008/News/Article/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=69034

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 03:26:18 PM »
Pettifer ???

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 05:14:00 PM »
Unless Meyer and Cass' bodies are both stuffed from chronic injury then this decision has all the hallmarks of list management based on trying to save money. Petts' knee means we would have to look after him and his rehab anyway next year whether he is cut or not. Likewise keeping Polly on the senior list. This decision is perhaps cheaper in regards to our TPP. That's the only reason I can think of for us keeping Petts (apart from stupidity) although we would've had to pay Cass out of his final year which costs us dollars (he would've been on a cheapish contract not playing any games).

JON wasn't going anywhere despite what I or any of us think. The club still believes he'll come good and were willing from the start to give him 4 years at least to develop :-\.

Do you think we might pick Danny back up with 58 if there is nothing we want left? Hawthorn were interested in him at last year's trade period weren't they? Could Chocco grab another one off us who comes good and Danny get to go home?

Will we rookie Cass? Can't see him attracting much interest from other clubs.
I doubt it on both. You'd definitely wouldn't waste pick 58 redrafting a player you have just delisted.  Well I hope not  :-\. This draft has some depth.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2008, 05:46:44 PM »
Meyer & Casserly were duds
why Richmond held onto Meyer is a terrible decision.
bad decisions have cost the club over many years.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
...although we would've had to pay Cass out of his final year which costs us dollars (he would've been on a cheapish contract not playing any games).

Is it possible that Casserley's contract is like Ackland's? You know certain criteria needing to be meet to guarantee a 2nd year? That would mean there is no $ payout implications wouldn't it  :-\

Or perhaps as MT says the $$$ aren't that great anyway

I still cannot understand how Petts has managed to survive... :help
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
Meyer & Casserly were duds
why Richmond held onto Meyer is a terrible decision.
bad decisions have cost the club over many years.
I think what we are all trying to say is there were more than those 2 that deserved to get the chop. Petts is very very lucky - 27 in Jan with a knee that mostly likely will see him miss a fair bit of next season and who spent most of this year at Coburg. JON likewise is very lucky but he has the footy dept on his side.

Look at Port today. They went the other way and swung the axe big time. 12 delistings (including rookies) in one swoop. Not to mention 9 drafts picks  :o because they back the depth in this draft.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2008, 06:18:35 PM »
They had there chance, sorry but someone had to make room. Petts was our VC, JON has been given one last chance, both know thet are on death row and lets hope they grab that chance. I think its great that we are struggleing to delist players - here comes the Tiga's

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2008, 07:07:12 PM »
Petts being named in the leadership group at the start of the year was an equally surprising decision.

Is it possible that Casserley's contract is like Ackland's? You know certain criteria needing to be meet to guarantee a 2nd year? That would mean there is no $ payout implications wouldn't it  :-\
Could be a possibility WP as at least one Tiger who was re-signed recently has rumouredly accepted that sort of 1+1 performance based contract. For the club's sake it would be better as it would mean no payout.

Polo might get a shock if he reads the Sportal article on this. They've got his photo in the story about Meyer  :wallywink.
http://sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/tigers-lose-patience-with-meyer-58704

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

meyer ahead of JOn and Pathetic

I dont rate Meyer but to be dumped ahead of those 2 is beyond me.

what a joke Wallace and his mates are
Yes Danny, a pathetic decision to keep Pettifer and let Meyer go. Would only accept this if it was for long term medical reasons, although Pettifer is stuffed for next year anyway!!!!

Ox

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 07:39:47 PM »
they're all poo so who cares?

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Maybe Cass will be put on the rookie list if no one else takes him.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 09:54:32 PM »
i dont think there is a very solid case in retaining either Cass or Meyer and it would only baffle further if we were intending rookie listing either...4 yrs is more than adequate time. I agree JON would appear extremely lucky, that said, he appeared in Burger BEST more often than the others mentioned...I suspect the call on petts may have something to do with our obligations to him...all in all we cant really complain :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 10:56:44 PM »
We just upgraded pick 12 from the 2004 draft by replacing that with Thommo and pick 11. :whistle Of course that's nothing against Thommo.

The club had perservered with Meyer and his injuries and he just seemed to be coming good at the end of the year playing some good footy at Coburg. Unless as previous posts have mentioned he has chronic injuries or he just simply did not fit into Terry's 2009 plans and beyond (if Terry retains his job) then I just find it baffling.
Pettifer's retention was just staggering as even more so was JON's.

There will be no grey area with Meyer's delisting this time next year. It will be 100% vindicated or many at Punt Rd will have egg on their face as well as us die hards will be scratching our heads and watching on with envy as some other club picks him up as a cheap insurance policy and he brings home more than just the bacon.  :banghead