Author Topic: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted  (Read 12059 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Meyer, Casserly and Hyde delisted
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
Hope that the Dawks sign Meyer for 5 years.

Good decision Richmond.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
It seems that any chance of Danny returning to Punt Rd may be just about gone.
Seems that he is now training with Port.

Ex-Bomber Andrew Lee is and former Richmond first-round choice Danny Meyer are both trying their luck with Port Adelaide.

http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=70707

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Danny Meyer finds his niche (Adel. Advertiser)
« Reply #92 on: December 18, 2008, 06:16:15 AM »
Danny Meyer finds his niche
Andrew Capel | December 18, 2008

A BOLD move from goalkicking forward to rebounding defender has helped salvage the career of Port Adelaide rookie Danny Meyer.

After struggling to make an impact as a small forward in four years with Richmond, Meyer was shuffled back to defence midway through the season and showed enough form with VFL side Coburg to catch the eye of several clubs, including Port and Hawthorn.

His ability to play a Lindsay Gilbee-type role and set up play from half-back didn't save his career at Punt Rd but it earned him a second AFL chance.

The Hawks, with whom Meyer had trained for five weeks before a three-day hitout with Port, had guaranteed to take him in Tuesday's rookie draft before the Power pounced.

"Hawthorn made a commitment to me but Port took me with an earlier pick (No. 20) and I'm absolutely rapt to be back here," Meyer said.

The 22-year-old was a Glenelg junior before being drafted by the Tigers in 2004. Richmond rated Meyer so highly it took him with pick 12 in the national draft, the selection acquired from Geelong in a trade for Brad Ottens.

Meyer played just 17 games, his progress set back by two hip operations to repair cartilage damage.

"The injuries definitely held me back but I'm ready to train hard and show what I can do," Meyer said.

"I don't doubt my ability as a footballer and firmly believe I've got something to offer Port Adelaide."

So does Power recruiting manager Blair Hartley.

"He has that X-factor that we like," Hartley said.

"We can see him playing multiple roles for us, and while training with us he's shown he can use the ball really well off half-back."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24815991-19742,00.html

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2008, 08:25:28 AM »
good decision but i for the life of me i still dont know why we kept JON and pathetic pettifer and dumped Meyer.

i mean come on.

bad decision.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
good decision but i for the life of me i still dont know why we kept JON and pathetic pettifer and dumped Meyer.

i mean come on.

bad decision.

I agree completely. At least Meyer was showing promise where Petts and JON haven't made any improvement over the last few years.

Stripes

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2009, 01:11:39 PM »
Rodan Number 2??

Just got off the phone with a close mate i work with from Adelaide.

He told me Meyer was a standout for Port in their practise matches this weekend.

Stay tuned boys my guess is he will be a gem for the Port, mean while we rue the 2 of the most pathetic decision in football and thats keeping pathetic pettifer and JON on our list.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2009, 02:16:44 PM »
He told me Meyer was a standout for Port in their practise matches this weekend.

Stay tuned boys my guess is he will be a gem for the Port, mean while we rue the 2 of the most pathetic decision in football and thats keeping pathetic pettifer and JON on our list.

Meh practice game.
Meyer has done nothing yet. We'll see.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2009, 02:19:06 PM »

Meh practice game.
Meyer has done nothing yet. We'll see.

i think deep down u and a few others on here all know he will smash it for Port in 09.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
i think deep down u and a few others on here all know he will smash it for Port in 09.

He wont be doing anything for Port for the first half of the proper season unless they have a long term injury - he is a rookie and unless something happens he'll be running around in yellow & black............at Glenelg    :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2009, 03:35:33 PM »
Meyer was never given a decent chance at RFC, whilst big names like Deledio and Tambling got to learn the caper of a half back flank, Danny was moved all over the place, whilst at the same time trying to overcome injuries. In the one game he got of a hbf vs Geelong he was very good indeed, but hey, you cant have a kid be given a chance when you need to play superstar half back flankers like Jordan McMahon now...can you.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

Uh no. I will very surprised if he does.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2009, 04:10:45 PM »

He wont be doing anything for Port for the first half of the proper season unless they have a long term injury - he is a rookie and unless something happens he'll be running around in yellow & black............at Glenelg    :thumbsup ;D

Just a matter of time WP. Choco will prove it yet again mark my words.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2009, 07:55:31 PM »
Meyer was never given a decent chance at RFC, whilst big names like Deledio and Tambling got to learn the caper of a half back flank, Danny was moved all over the place, whilst at the same time trying to overcome injuries. In the one game he got of a hbf vs Geelong he was very good indeed,
Deledio has been moved all over the place. Pretty sure Tambling didn't play hbf until 2008.
Meyer played a string of games at hbf. Remembering only one pretty much sums up how he was travelling.

I really hoped Danny would become a star. Didn't happen, maybe mostly due to injury. 
Good luck to him, he's still got an opportunity to kick on. He's not at Richmond so I don't really care any more.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:42 PM »
We'll probably first see how Meyer goes with Port on Sunday. The Advertiser is pumping him up.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,25070741-5016212,00.html

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2009, 08:28:04 PM »

Anybody know where Cass ended up?