Author Topic: Butterss calls St Kilda's president and CEO gooses with NFI lol  (Read 2140 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Butterss calls St Kilda's president and CEO gooses with NFI lol
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:50:50 AM »
Good old Saints still infighting and calling each other names lol

---------------------------------------
Former St Kilda president Rod Butterss's salvo for Saints
Jackie Epstein | October 19, 2008

FORMER St Kilda president Rod Butterss has slammed the club and its board, saying they have no direction and plan for the future.

Ousted by Greg Westaway's Footy First ticket, Butterss also said the club would struggle to recruit Ben Cousins because there was no strategy in place.

"Ben's a quality player, but you've got to have a plan, a strategy," he said. "One thing I know about football and footy clubs is you must have a plan, a clearly identifiable plan of how you're going to achieve your goals.

"We always had a position on recruiting that was very simple: will the person we're about to recruit play in our next premiership side?

"If you genuinely believe he is, then you recruit him. If you think you're far off, then you're better off going with kids.

"Having said that, I just don't know what their plan is."

Butterss said the board contained no one with business experience and was led by an "ordinary performer" in Westaway.

He labelled chief executive Archie Fraser "a goose" and blasted the club's move to Frankston.

"I have no idea where they see themselves and that's what they need to articulate to the market and their supporters," Butterss said.

"What is the plan? There's nobody on the board that's ever achieved anything in business. There's only one bloke on the board that's ever had his own business. The rest are wage and salary earners.

"They're clearly struggling. To have a financial turnaround of about $1.5 million (from more than $1 million profit last season, to a $400,00-plus loss this season) and when you take into account the $400,000 bonus for winning the pre-season competition it's effectively a $1.8 million turnaround from last year, that's just incompetence.

"I think it's a terrible decision (to move to Frankston). How many players do you know live in Frankston or want to live in Frankston or desire to?

"They all live around bayside in Elwood, Middle Park, Albert Park, that's where they want to be. But that's Archie. He'd pick a fight with a blowfly. He's just a goose."

Before he came to power, Westaway referred to drug taking and alcohol consumption by board members, saying the new regime would employ a policy against it.

Butterss said the claims were mystifying and unfounded.

"I found Greg's comments just to be quite distasteful," he said.

"I didn't take Greg's comments personally last year, I just thought it was a slight on the board and it was just a silly utterance of a very inexperienced person who was getting involved with something he didn't understand.

"I just thought he was a pretty ordinary performer, really."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24517196-19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Butterss calls St Kilda's president and CEO gooses with NFI lol
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 04:54:24 AM »
Saints return fire at Rod Butterss
Amelia Harris | October 20, 2008

Westaway called his predecessor "old news" and "juvenile" and said he needed to "grow up".

Chief executive Archie Fraser, who was appointed by Butterss in 2006, said the former president had been overwhelmingly ousted by Saints members 9000 votes to 135 a year ago.

"I doubt even his own family voted for him with such a dismal result," Fraser said yesterday.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,24521201-19742,00.html

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 12:14:04 PM »
Maybe they could face off with each other in a cage fight, make that a double team cage fight and each could select either Fiora or Ray to be on their side.

There would be some serious bitch slapping going on then ;D.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 08:12:01 PM »
:lol @ Fiora vs Ray.

Grant Thomas could revive the role of king kong bundy lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 10:09:31 PM »
Just proves why this brothel of a footy club has won 1 flag in 112 years of competition.
They will never ever get their poo together not even with the best kids as was the case 3-4 years ago. Too many chiefs not enough indians.
We are still ten times the club St Kilda are despite our last 26 years of debauchery.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:40 PM »

Yeah it would be a battle of skinny proportions until Thomas got in the ring

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 07:33:31 PM »

Yeah it would be a battle of skinny proportions until Thomas got in the ring
Maybe they want to use Fiora and Ray as portable goalposts to help Riewoldt and Kosi improve their goalkicking lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd