Author Topic: Tom Hislop [merged]  (Read 20130 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 58. Tom Hislop
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 11:17:16 AM »
Makes you think we have something in mind for the Rookie Draft.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tom Hislop a Tiger?
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 11:22:27 AM »
History tells us that if they don't make it at other clubs they wont make it with us. Wonder he we will draft in the next draft but it wont matter they will be delisted in the next year or two.

I hope our Cameron and Jackson didn't liken to Sheedy who has a record of recruiting old players that just take up a place - disappointed that we couldn't get good kids in the best draft for years - I had high hopes and now I'm depressed 

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
Re: 58. Tom Hislop
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
Im willing to give the guy a chance, It was his off filed problems that led him to get dropped. Just hope he realises that this could be his last chance and starts to mature some. Better him than Cousin's who has had his second third chance.

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 11:28:57 AM »
In my opinion we have only gotten 1 long term player this year and thats Vickery. Thomson and Hislop are short term- medium term players, Post was unnecessary because we already have Thursfield, Moore, McGuane and Rance... what can you say ...  :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: 58. Tom Hislop [merged]
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
Selection 58: Tom Hislop
10:58 AM Sat 29 November, 2008

Watch Tom Hislop in action - http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/bigpondvideo.com/afl/90877

Date of birth: 27/01/87
Height: 185cm
Weight: 85kg
Previous AFL club: Essendon (2007-08)
Draft history: 2006 NAB AFL Draft No.20 overall.
Debut: 2007
Games: 7
Goals: 2

Bio: Hislop was one of the genuine surprise delistings after being a prized pick just two years ago.

The versatile Tasmanian found himself in trouble on and off the field, leading to his sacking at the end of 2008. Knows how to win the footy and could add something to the midfield.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsid=70172

Moi

Re: Pick 58. Tom Hislop [merged]
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 12:02:49 PM »
What's Tom's crimes if anyone can tell me?

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 02:11:20 PM »
Well if we win a flag with those 2 in our side then we'll all be happy to say how visionary the recruitment staff have been.
Until then :banghead

you are such a one eyed fool aren't you.

Dont you get it we will never learn with these dud recycled players. Time after Time we do it ourselves.

What a stuffin disgraceful decision picking up an idiot like Hislop who couldn't get a game at the Bombers.

hahahahahahahaha laughing stock of the afl will continue for another year.

Adam Thompson
Tom Hislop
Jordy Pathetic Mcmahon
Mark Graham
Kent Kingsley

who the stuff else is next
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Pick 58. Tom Hislop [merged]
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 03:30:02 PM »
What's Tom's crimes if anyone can tell me?

Essendon football manager Travis Auld admitted Hislop's discipline problems had been a factor in the club's decision to cut him loose.

"Tom's standards for some time had not been where we needed them to be," Auld said.

"But it wasn't the only reason."

The hard-at-it Tasmanian showed promise, despite being restricted to seven games in two injury-plagued seasons.

But the club had become increasingly concerned about his lack of discipline.

Hislop was suspended for all pre-season games this year for an alcohol-related incident in which he missed a 10am training session.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,24538500-5016212,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 03:42:51 PM »
Well if we win a flag with those 2 in our side then we'll all be happy to say how visionary the recruitment staff have been.
Until then :banghead

you are such a one eyed fool aren't you.

Dont you get it we will never learn with these dud recycled players. Time after Time we do it ourselves.

I don't think yellowandblack was agreeing with the pick

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
In my opinion we have only gotten 1 long term player this year and thats Vickery. Thomson and Hislop are short term- medium term players, Post was unnecessary because we already have Thursfield, Moore, McGuane and Rance... what can you say ...  :banghead

post isn't exclusively a defender tho he can play there.  he can and should play as a CHF

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »

post isn't exclusively a defender tho he can play there.  he can and should play as a CHF

I hope your right and Im proven wrong, but what I saw of Post ... I came to the view that Post is a CHB in AFL terms. Hes also a chance of having a turn on a wing. Hopefully he can play at CHF. We need Dean Putt to come along this year and make a play for a spot in the forward line.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 06:43:46 PM »

I hope your right and Im proven wrong, but what I saw of Post ... I came to the view that Post is a CHB in AFL terms. Hes also a chance of having a turn on a wing. Hopefully he can play at CHF. We need Dean Putt to come along this year and make a play for a spot in the forward line.

what have you seen of post other than the youtube vision on the afl site?

my guess is zero.

Post has played his whole career as a forward except for this year. He has the pace and the marking ability to be a forward.

It really annoys me when someone can sit behind a keyboard and what you tube vids of players for three minutes and then consider themselves qualified to question the clubs recruiting.

If you havent noticed, the clubs biggest needs were addressed on draft day and the trade period.

A grade developong ruckman with a genuine mean streak.
Big Bodied versatile KPf/b
2 tough big bodied midfielders to add to rotations

We now have a developing a grade ruckman that can play as a key forward. We have a 194 cm utility that can play as a key forward or as the biggest key backman of the club, he runs 20 metres in the top 15 percentile of his age and has elite endurance and took 50 more marks than any of his peers last year.

We also two more midfielders to add to our rotations, this means 74kg edwards can learn his trade on the flanks, which is where he belongs .....for now.

As far as this draft goes, we have been very fortunate indeed. But there will always the dropkicks on this site who just love whinging and whining, and that without even having the luxury of ever seeing them play. Its a joke.

We have one more pick remember, and via waiting till psd, we can have the likely applicants train with us.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 06:54:49 PM »

Post has played his whole career as a forward except for this year. He has the pace and the marking ability to be a forward.

It really annoys me when someone can sit behind a keyboard and what you tube vids of players for three minutes and then consider themselves qualified to question the clubs recruiting.

If you havent noticed, the clubs biggest needs were addressed on draft day and the trade period.

We now have a developing a grade ruckman that can play as a key forward. We have a 194 cm utility that can play as a key forward or as the biggest key backman of the club, he runs 20 metres in the top 15 percentile of his age and has elite endurance and took 50 more marks than any of his peers last year.

We also two more midfielders to add to our rotations, this means 74kg edwards can learn his trade on the flanks, which is where he belongs .....for now.

As far as this draft goes, we have been very fortunate indeed. But there will always the dropkicks on this site who just love whinging and whining, and that without even having the luxury of ever seeing them play. Its a joke.

We have one more pick remember, and via waiting till psd, we can have the likely applicants train with us.

Couldn't have said it better myself Blaisee.   :clapping

Offline tigertough12

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 07:07:46 PM »

Couldn't have said it better myself Blaisee.   :clapping

ditto.... :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 07:51:28 PM »

what have you seen of post other than the youtube vision on the afl site?

my guess is zero.

I have answered you in a private message. I think you get to emotional- attacking people who disagree with you. People are entitled to there views. But for the 1000'th time I will say it publically ... and you can check every single one of my posts on young Post, he takes a good grab, hes got good run, but in my opinion he seems more likely than not to end up as a key defender and we already have enough of these. I think everyones entitled to there own opinion. Thats it for me on this issue, Blaisee read the mesage I sent.

PS- And when you check out what I said on him in my other posts, look to see if I edited, youll find my comments have never altered- not one iota.