Author Topic: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee  (Read 7794 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
Social club numbers will be determined by how many people they are licensed to have on the premises.

I believe this may be the crux of the issue as it's possible there is not enough GF tickets allocated to service the GFG holders and the full quota of social club members which means they cannot sell their full quota of social club memberships
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2011, 11:21:23 AM »
Social club numbers will be determined by how many people they are licensed to have on the premises.

I believe this may be the crux of the issue as it's possible there is not enough GF tickets allocated to service the GFG holders and the full quota of social club members which means they cannot sell their full quota of social club memberships

Again all the coteries are given access to the Social CLub as well - so there's another reason they will cap it. I think they will also place the cap at a level that will leave some GF tickets (say 2-4k) for "normal"  members (those without a guarantee) to go into a ballot situation. Even C'wood still has that from what i understand
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »
Seriously

Do any of us really believe that when we make a Grand Final that any of us who would be considered working/middle class members will find tickets. All the rich hangers on will get the tickets. Thats how it is and thats how it will always be. The clubs have become money making revenue churning machines - paying huge salaries to players, coaches, assistant coaches, recruiters, administrators and employees - I dont reckon they give a stuff in reality- they do a job and get paid for it. Most of the time supporters get no return. Its just like those dodgy resource exploration stocks on the market, every year or two they raise capital from hopeful investors (note AFL club members in our case in search of the next flag)- most years they dont find anything, but they stay in operation because they can raise capital- the only winners are the employees thats it in a nutshell IMHO.

We're supporters and we pay because we love our clubs, thats why we pay and thats why when we make a grand final, we will all pay over the odds one way or another.

FNM

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2011, 12:21:01 PM »
to the Bigfooty post.
When did you contact them via twitter FNM? It's RFC_O from the forums and all he is is a messenger. He doesnt make the decisions but is just a link between the supporters and those that do make the decisions.

Before you contact consumer affairs or such, wait and see if there is anything different from the club when they are all back at work?

Nothing is going to change between friday afternoon and monday morning.
Yep, of course.
But if their explanation isn't satisfactory, I will seek advice.
They do this all the time, Al.
They give you the incentive to join something like this and then they take them away
They'll cap the social club numbers as said, and then you're forced to join a coterie to get the tickets

They need to honour their commitments for a change

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2011, 12:29:39 PM »
Seriously

Do any of us really believe that when we make a Grand Final that any of us who would be considered working/middle class members will find tickets. All the rich hangers on will get the tickets. Thats how it is and thats how it will always be. The clubs have become money making revenue churning machines - paying huge salaries to players, coaches, assistant coaches, recruiters, administrators and employees - I dont reckon they give a stuff in reality- they do a job and get paid for it. Most of the time supporters get no return. Its just like those dodgy resource exploration stocks on the market, every year or two they raise capital from hopeful investors (note AFL club members in our case in search of the next flag)- most years they dont find anything, but they stay in operation because they can raise capital- the only winners are the employees thats it in a nutshell IMHO.

We're supporters and we pay because we love our clubs, thats why we pay and thats why when we make a grand final, we will all pay over the odds one way or another.
Naive to believe it will be any other way.
What other major sports are any different?

The average SuperBowl ticket price is $5000

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »

Again all the coteries are given access to the Social CLub as well - so there's another reason they will cap it. I think they will also place the cap at a level that will leave some GF tickets (say 2-4k) for "normal"  members (those without a guarantee) to go into a ballot situation. Even C'wood still has that from what i understand

my sister is a member of the pies and thats what they do.
i expect the same moving forward for us.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #96 on: February 20, 2011, 05:21:26 PM »
So, you're not the family member with tattoos and no teeth?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2011, 07:59:18 PM »
Seriously

The GF guarantee wasn't about getting a GF ticket for just $75 though. You'd still have to pay for the actual ticket. It just that you were supposedly guaranteeing yourself of being able to get hold of one to buy. It wasn't as if we expected to play in a GF anytime soon. No one was that naive. It could be 10 years plus and a $1000+ (including inflation) to the club's coffers. Now they way they have it you might as well save the money yourself and then when we eventually make the GF buy a GF corporate package whether the money goes to the club or not. Hardly rewarding loyalty is it. Most likely it'd be a cheaper option in the long run as well. Anyway the reason supporters are ticked off is they feel the club has bailed out of a agreement. If the Club felt it was too cheap an offer then don't offer it up to supporters in the first place.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd