Author Topic: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee  (Read 7795 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
$75 Grand Final ticket guarantee
« on: November 11, 2008, 08:02:25 PM »
What do we all think of the Grand Final ticket guarantee idea for $75?

--------------------------------------
By popular demand - and to coincide with 2008's strong finish - Richmond has launched a new membership upgrade. It’s called the Grand Final Ticket Guarantee – and it secures you access to purchase a 2009 Grand Final ticket if the Tigers make it through to that ‘one day in September’.

Members who secure a Grand Final Ticket Guarantee will be given the first right to renew the Guarantee each season. With a limited number available, you need to get in now so you don’t miss out on Richmond Grand Final action in years to come. You've supported the Tigers through some tough times - make sure you are there to celebrate the good times with us. 

The Grand Final Ticket Guarantee is available as an upgrade of $75 with the purchase of any 2009 match-day membership. Should Richmond participate, a Grand Final ticket will be reserved for you to purchase in the same category as your membership (adult or concession - junior members will have a concession ticket reserved as there is no junior priced ticketing for the Grand Final).

RFC site link

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »
Interesting to see how many people sign up. Free money for the club next year as we are still a fair way away from challenging.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 12:47:53 PM »
Herald-Sun today says we haven't yet reached a cap on GF spots available yet but we believe we will.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 02:20:38 PM »
I got one, you never know, swans would never have thought theyd play off in the big one a few yrs back letalone win one :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »
Yep it was too tempting even though it's highly unlikely we'll make it next year unless some miracle happened. After 28 years I'd be spewing to miss out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 01:54:06 AM »
I got one. Hey its a $75 insurance policy. Helps the club out financially and gives me an opportunity to see us if we get there.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2008, 07:11:36 PM »
Not me, I'll cross that bridge if we come to it.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2008, 07:19:25 PM »

Don't you mean "when" we come to it?   ???   :)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »

Don't you mean "when" we come to it?   ???   :)

To me, its still an "if" for 2009 - which is what we are talking about. If we have a strong 2009 and win a final, then it might be worth some serious thought for 2010.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2008, 08:37:08 PM »
the way it was painted to me is that it's like an MCC membership...once your on you get preference to sign on again the following year first. Once the allotment is filled, you go on a waiting list. I took it anyway...as others have said...just in case and the money goes to the tiges so I don't mind too much if its a cash grab...for now
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Moi

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »
I got it - the thought of missing out on a grand final after all this time of supporting them is unthinkable.  Good insurance policy

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 09:11:19 PM »
I got it - the thought of missing out on a grand final after all this time of supporting them is unthinkable.  Good insurance policy

Although I haven't signed up for it because I am guaranteed GF tkts with my membership (coterie) I think it is a great insurance policy because once sigend you get the preference to it every year. Also for people that have been members forever they deserve a GF ticket and this is probably fairest way to ensure especially clubs now know that each competing team will get 11,500 GF tickets for their members.

The fact that it is sensational money spinner for the club is just an added bonus. Just think 8000 people sign up thats $600k in the coffers  :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 10:12:48 PM »
WP - I think it's limited to 5000, but your point still stands

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2008, 07:21:36 AM »
WP - I think it's limited to 5000, but your point still stands

Imfamy I don't know what the GF Guarantee limit number is at the RFC but it is in Sunday's papers that competing GF teams get 11500 tickets each for their members. So I was working on an assumption of keeping under the 11.5k.  ;D

I know that there are other membership categories that guarantee GF tickets - Player Club being one (that's mine).

As I said it's a great way to raise extra $$$ while ensuring people get a GF ticket :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 05:09:11 PM »
This came with the membership package....

Grand Final Ticket Guarantee

Season 2009 is an exciting time for the Richmond Football Club. The Tigers enter 2009 off the back of eight wins from 11 games in the second half of 2008. We are building towards premiership success and we want all of you behind us as we head towards September - your support is a key to our success.

By purchasing a 'Grand final Ticket Guarantee' you have guaranteed yourself access to purchase a ticket to the 2009 AFL Grand Final should Richmond qualify*.

With a limited number available, members who have secured a Grand Final Ticket Guarantee now will have the first right to renew that guarantee each season - so you can ensure you don't miss out on Richmond Grand Final action in years to come!

If the Tigers make it through to that 'one day in September' a Grand Final ticket will be reserved for you to purchase in the same category^ as your membership. Members will be entitled to purchase one AFL Grand Final ticket per Grand Final Ticket Guarantee and accompanying match-day membership.

The process for accessing and purchasing a Grand Final ticket will be advised, should Richmond compete in the 2009 AFL Finals Series. Please check the Richmond website (richmondfc.com.au) and the AFL website (afl.com.au) in August/September for details.

If you have any queries relating to the above, please do not hesitate to call Member and Supporter Services on 1300 136 605 and we will be­ happy to assist.

* Members with guaranteed access to purchase an AFL Grand Final ticket must follow the AFL ticketing process in order to obtain their ticket.

^ 'Category' refers to Adult or Concession (Junior members will be entitled to purchase a Concession ticket as no junior priced tickets are available for the Grand Final). 'Category' does not refer to the type or quality of Grand Final ticket that will be made available for purchase.