Author Topic: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee  (Read 7783 times)

Re: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 08:56:50 PM »

Okay

How about an OER levy.

Just enough per person to buy Moi a membership for 2011.

say 50 cents each.

Any excess we can donate to the TFT or is that the FTF or FFT or...

Anyway you know what I mean.

:thumbsup
Thanks for the charity 1965 ::)

Well we should look after our elders.

:bow

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »
FNM, I am absolutely with you.  I am savage after reading this.  I live in Queensland.  I don't want a Social Club membership, I don't need a Social Club membership.  I bought a Grand Final Guarantee in absolute good faith from the club I have supported all my life in the trust that their word was good and that this would guarantee me a grand final ticket for as long as I kept both my membership and guarantee paid up.  I was never under any misguided belief that it was anything more than a donation to my club in the first few years (same as me buying a full membership as opposed to the interstate membership that actually penalizes me for putting in more) but I trusted that my club would honour their word and let me guarantee my seat by being a paid up subscriber from Day 1 and maintaining that subscription, regardless of how long that took or how much it cost.  I was also not naive enough to believe that it would not increase in price but again, I was prepared for fair play - not a complete back stabbing backflip.  I feel quite gutted at present to the point where I am also seriously re-considering my membership renewal for 2012 regardless of how well we do this year.  And as for 2 more child memberships that I was about to buy?  Not a f...king chance.  Disgraceful Richmond.  I have never been more peed off with my club than I can ever remember - Casey included.

FNM

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 09:14:20 PM »
FNM, I am absolutely with you.  I am savage after reading this.  I live in Queensland.  I don't want a Social Club membership, I don't need a Social Club membership.  I bought a Grand Final Guarantee in absolute good faith from the club I have supported all my life in the trust that their word was good and that this would guarantee me a grand final ticket for as long as I kept both my membership and guarantee paid up.  I was never under any misguided belief that it was anything more than a donation to my club in the first few years (same as me buying a full membership as opposed to the interstate membership that actually penalizes me for putting in more) but I trusted that my club would honour their word and let me guarantee my seat by being a paid up subscriber from Day 1 and maintaining that subscription, regardless of how long that took or how much it cost.  I was also not naive enough to believe that it would not increase in price but again, I was prepared for fair play - not a complete back stabbing backflip.  I feel quite gutted at present to the point where I am also seriously re-considering my membership renewal for 2012 regardless of how well we do this year.  And as for 2 more child memberships that I was about to buy?  Not a f...king chance.  Disgraceful Richmond.  I have never been more peed off with my club than I can ever remember - Casey included.
It really hurts that they could do this to their supporters. It isn't cheap any more and it's not just the club that is struggling, lots of people can't afford it but they pay year in and year out.
I just get a normal membership, reserved seat and my guaranteed GF ticket, but that's getting closer to the $1000 bucks and won't be long before it's over.  How do families afford to go?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 09:29:34 PM »
Things change.
Prices inflate.
People sook.

As you were.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 09:33:24 PM »
Club only has one option in my opinion and that is to refund people there contribution made via the grand final guarantee program or just give free memberships in lieu for a couple of years to everyone on the program.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »
buy a social membership..

FNM

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 09:38:14 PM »
Things change.
Prices inflate.
People sook.

As you were.
There's nothing to stop them doing the same to social club members in the future.
The more members, the more coterie members, but not enough grand final tickets to cover them.
At least this was a system that if you didn't renew, or croaked it or something, the next in the queue would get it
And those who were paying for it wouldn't be getting it cheaply, as it would go up every year.
Yep, we're sooking but with good reason

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »

There's nothing to stop them doing the same to social club members in the future.

Correct.

You were guaranteed a G.F ticket the year you paid your $75.

Things change.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:37 PM »
Things change.
Prices inflate.
People sook.

As you were.

Have weathered my fair share of changes in life MM but don't have to bend over and take an about turn on a written promise up the rse.  A sponsor would be happy to accept the removal of their logo from the jumper at the last moment because circumstances change? You would be happy to be denied entry to Round 1 because the club changed it's entry rules the day before?  A contract is a contract, written or verbal, ethical if not legal.  And when you have just launched your latest version of SOS based on the 'trust our message and plan' drivel we have been given (as it has now been devalued to) it is all a bit hard to accept.

FNM

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2011, 09:49:09 PM »
You were guaranteed a G.F ticket the year you paid your $75.

Things change.
Well they shouldn't change because in the literature it said we would be offered it each season

10 FLAGS

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
This may be cynical but this looks like an attempt to shaft the members who dont belong to the "upper crust" supporters groups. Not saying the assumption is correct, it just looks like the club is trying to claw back the number of guaranteed grand final tickets into the future so the rich coterie guys dont miss out. I think its disgraceful even though I wasnt in the program. I really feel sorry for the people who were in it.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »
Well they shouldn't change because in the literature it said we would be offered it each season

If it was available. The option is not available this season. Hence you're not offered it.
If you paid your $75 and you weren't guaranteed a ticket for that year I think you'd have reason to complain.

Things change.

FNM

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2011, 09:54:45 PM »

If it was available. The option is not available this season. Hence you're not offered it.
If you paid your $75 and you weren't guaranteed a ticket for that year I think you'd have reason to complain.

Things change.
A deal is a deal, they reneged.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
A deal is a deal, they reneged.

Did you expect the $75 to remain the same until you die?

There is still a guarantee this year but you'll pay more for it.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2011, 09:58:56 PM »
How many people were on this program anyways?