Author Topic: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee  (Read 7793 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: $75 Grand Final ticket guarantee
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 03:52:50 PM »
Those that have purchased this will probably be interested in this thread from BF

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796120

...and probably not too happy
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 04:40:51 PM »
I don't mind upgrading to social club membership, but my wife might, considering she doesn't know she's a member, and she barracks for Carlton  :whistle

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 05:00:39 PM »
I don't mind upgrading to social club membership, but my wife might, considering she doesn't know she's a member, and she barracks for Carlton  :whistle

I hope you are keeping track of all this.

tangled web and all...

:thumbsup

FNM

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2011, 05:56:57 PM »
...and probably not too happy
No, not happy at all if that's the case.
If it is, it's the last time I buy a membership!
I'll watch it on the tellie and if they go bust screw 'em!

FNM

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »
This is the literature for 2010

Grand Final Ticket Guarantee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click Here to Enlarge Price: $75.00

Guarantee your access to purchase a ticket to the 2010 AFL Grand Final should Richmond compete by adding the Grand Final Ticket Guarantee to your membership.

GFTG must be purchased in conjunction with a 2010 match-access membership. There are limited numbers available. Once you upgrade to the Grand Final Ticket Guarantee you will have the first right to renew this option each season. Members with guaranteed access to purchase an AFL Grand Final ticket must follow the AFL ticketing process in order to obtain their ticket. Social Club members do not need to purchase the GFTG as guaranteed access to a Grand Final ticket is included in their package. Please see website for terms and conditions, www.richmondfc.com.au.

Link

https://www.clubsonline.com.au/shop/...=1111200851633

FNM

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
Official Line - phasing it out as a stand alone option  :banghead

Official line

Thank you for purchasing a Grand Final Ticket Guarantee in 2011. By making this purchase you have ensured that if Richmond compete in the 2011 Grand Final, then you will have priority access to purchase one AFL Grand Final ticket per Grand Final Ticket Guarantee and accompanying match-day membership.

The process for accessing and purchasing a Grand Final ticket will be advised, should Richmond compete in the 2011 AFL Finals Series. Please check the Richmond website (richmondfc.com.au) and the AFL website (afl.com.au) in August/September for details.

With the Social Club set to re-open at the re-developed Punt Road facility, the Club have made the decision that the Grand Final Ticket guarantee (GFTG), as a stand alone product, will be phased out over the next 3 years.

Price increases to the GFTG will eventually see it fall in line with Social Club membership and be subsequently replaced by it. For those members who committed to purchasing the GFTG in 2009, the Club’s commitment to you that you would have the first right each season to renew your GFTG will not change. As long as you continue to renew your GFTG, you will continue to have priority to purchase tickets should Richmond play in the Grand Final.

As some of you would be aware, the Club worked very hard in 2010 to improve the quality of the Social Club membership. Despite the fact that we didn’t have a Social Club facility, we were able to provide guest speakers such as Matthew Richardson, Ben Cousins, Gary March, Brendon Gale, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Foley, Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer, Graham Polak & Dale Weightman at after match functions at both the MCG and Etihad Stadium.

In addition to speakers such as those mentioned above, 2011 Social Club membership will include great benefits such as:
· Access to Richmond’s brand new Social Club which is housed in the $20 million Punt Road redevelopment at all home games.
· A premium match day function where finger food will be provided (game to be nominated prior to the commencement of the season).
· Access to the Yarra Park Room at the MCG and Victory Room at Etihad Stadium
· You will be the first to hear the Richmond’s team selection each game via text message before the teams are released to the media.
· Guaranteed access to purchase a Grand Final ticket if Richmond is participating.
· Access to guest passes.

Should you wish to take advantage of the Social Club facilities in 2011 and you would like to upgrade your GFTG to Social Club membership, then please contact Member and Supporter Services on 1300 RICHMOND (1300 742 466) or email us at membership@richmondfc.com.au.

Kind Regards

Cain Liddle
Member & Retail Operations Manager

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796120

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 07:24:31 PM »
Well it seems going by what you've posted FNM that they are "guarantee"ing the GFTG for 3 years with steady increases over those 3 years to basically bring its cost into line with the social club cost.  :-\

I reckon they've created a "monster" for themselves with it to be honest and they don't quite know how to fix it

Personally I would seriously consider offering all GFTG holders social club membership at a reduced rate (say half price) for this season or next (2012) and then going forward charge the normal price or increment increases over a 3 year period. In other words do what they are doing now but bascially guarantee Social Club memebership rather than hoping people move over to it

Just off the top of my head another option could be to offer a 2 tiered Social Club membership. Tier 1 would get you all the "bells & whistles" and tier 2 would only grant you limted access to the actually Social Club - not sure how you could work it .... :-\ perhaps it's a just a stupid idea  ;D

Whatever they do or don't do they are going to upset a number of members who took up the GFTG offer simply because it was all they could afford .... 

As I said they've created a problem that's not easily solved 
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

FNM

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 07:29:24 PM »
I don't want a social club membership, can't afford footy any more and no interest in going back there after a game  :help

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
Well it seems going by what you've posted FNM that they are "guarantee"ing the GFTG for 3 years with steady increases over those 3 years to basically bring its cost into line with the social club cost.  :-\

I reckon they've created a "monster" for themselves with it to be honest and they don't quite know how to fix it

Personally I would seriously consider offering all GFTG holders social club membership at a reduced rate (say half price) for this season or next (2012) and then going forward charge the normal price or increment increases over a 3 year period. In other words do what they are doing now but bascially guarantee Social Club memebership rather than hoping people move over to it

Just off the top of my head another option could be to offer a 2 tiered Social Club membership. Tier 1 would get you all the "bells & whistles" and tier 2 would only grant you limted access to the actually Social Club - not sure how you could work it .... :-\ perhaps it's a just a stupid idea  ;D

Whatever they do or don't do they are going to upset a number of members who took up the GFTG offer simply because it was all they could afford .... 

As I said they've created a problem that's not easily solved 

Maybe they could offer Social Club membership for the same cost as the GFTG charge for the next 3 years - thereafter charge people the same as everyone else.
Bottom line is that the club probably owe those supporters the $200 odd dollars back in some form of reciprocal value.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FNM

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 07:38:37 PM »
The way i read the original offer, it was going to be like a MCC membership/AFL membership, I assumed it would go up every year and I expected that.
But I didn't think they would be so conniving that they would introduce it when we were down the bottom, get people in who thought they were contributing to the club even though we knew we wouldn't make a grand final, but one day our investment and loyalty would pay off in the end.

I cannot be loyal in renewing my membership to a club that would do that to its die-hard supporters who've been supporting them for too many years to count!

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 07:43:04 PM »
The way i read the original offer, it was going to be like a MCC membership/AFL membership, I assumed it would go up every year and I expected that.
But I didn't think they would be so conniving that they would introduce it when we were down the bottom, get people in who thought they were contributing to the club even though we knew we wouldn't make a grand final, but one day our investment and loyalty would pay off in the end.

I cannot be loyal in renewing my membership to a club that would do that to its die-hard supporters who've been supporting them for too many years to count!

I totally agree with you feeling peed off - the club have done the wrong thing but the club have largely done the right thing by me over the 40 odd years of my supporting and I'd like to think if you stepped back and looked at their overall value to you - it might be a similar storey.

Cracking it and walking away after they have made one big mistake makes me start to wonder if you are actually KB!!!!

youre starting to sound like KB!!!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FNM

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 07:49:07 PM »

I totally agree with you feeling peed off - the club have done the wrong thing but the club have largely done the right thing by me over the 40 odd years of my supporting and I'd like to think if you stepped back and looked at their overall value to you - it might be a similar storey.

Cracking it and walking away after they have made one big mistake makes me start to wonder if you are actually KB!!!!

No, not KB. Just can't afford footy any more.
I paid over the odds for 20 years, buying memberships I couldn't afford, sponsoring players I couldn't afford, working for the club for 10 years helping them out and glad to do so. 
No mate, you have got the wrong idea. I have been very loyal to this club, more than they deserve sometimes.
I simply can't afford it. I would be like to be as rich as some, but I am not.
So I intend to live within my means from now on and, unfortunately, I cannot afford a Richmond Football Club membership.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »

No, not KB. Just can't afford footy any more.
I paid over the odds for 20 years, buying memberships I couldn't afford, sponsoring players I couldn't afford, working for the club for 10 years helping them out and glad to do so. 
No mate, you have got the wrong idea. I have been very loyal to this club, more than they deserve sometimes.
I simply can't afford it. I would be like to be as rich as some, but I am not.
So I intend to live within my means from now on and, unfortunately, I cannot afford a Richmond Football Club membership.

Fair enough  :thumbsup

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 08:20:46 PM »

Okay

How about an OER levy.

Just enough per person to buy Moi a membership for 2011.

say 50 cents each.

Any excess we can donate to the TFT or is that the FTF or FFT or...

Anyway you know what I mean.

FNM

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »

Okay

How about an OER levy.

Just enough per person to buy Moi a membership for 2011.

say 50 cents each.

Any excess we can donate to the TFT or is that the FTF or FFT or...

Anyway you know what I mean.

Thanks for the charity 1965 ::)