Author Topic: Demons plan to turn MCG into elite facility (Age)  (Read 526 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Demons plan to turn MCG into elite facility (Age)
« on: November 12, 2008, 02:57:32 AM »
Demons plan to turn MCG into elite facility
Caroline Wilson | November 12, 2008

Schwab said the Demons were proposing in the short term to take over the two Great Southern Stand changing rooms with a view to becoming a major tenant in terms of administration and football operations.

Under the proposed Great Southern Stand redevelopment, Melbourne would retain administrative offices at the MCG and develop an elite facility within the redesigned stand.

Schwab said he hoped short-term training facilities could be completed within two years.

Currently, only Richmond uses the room outside AFL match days.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/demons-want-elite-facility/2008/11/11/1226318653255.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Demons plan to turn MCG into elite facility (Age)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 03:25:33 AM »
We lost our traditional Northern stand rooms with the redevelopment and now Melbourne, of all clubs, wants to kick us out of our Southern Stand one  ::). Give them the umps changeroom instead. It'll easily fit all their supporters in as well lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Demons plan to turn MCG into elite facility (Age)
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »
I have a soft spot for the Dees, but I can't help but laugh when they mention things like elite facilities.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do