Author Topic: Nathan Foley Quits  (Read 724 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Nathan Foley Quits
« on: November 12, 2008, 04:17:12 PM »
Nathan Foley quits Hi-5 for 'adult music' career
By Alison Stephenson November 12, 2008 10:17am

Bowing out ... the last remaining original member of Hi-5, Nathan Foley, has quit the children's group / Supplied

IT's the end of an era for children's group Hi-5, with last remaining original member Nathan Foley announcing he is quitting the group.
Just over a week after his ex-fiancee Kellie Crawford announced she too was bowing out, Foley has followed in her footsteps after 10 years of fluoro pants and daggy dance moves.

But Foley says his decision to leave had nothing to do with Crawford's retirement, despite the fact the pair dated for seven years, culminating in a failed engagement at the end of 2006.

"I've been thinking about it for a little while now, I guess Kellie just got in before I did. But there's no real reason behind my decision," Foley told news.com.au.

"I mean Kathleen left to have a baby and focus on her family, Charlie left to pursue other things, Tim had a bike accident - we all left individually for different reasons."

As for future endeavours, Foley's little-known solo career, in which he describes his music as a "blend of pop rock and soul," is something he's keen to pursue.

"I'm looking forward to having more time to focus on my album and adult music. I produced my first album when I was 10, another in 2003 and 2005, and I'm in the process of recording a new one now.

"I haven't had a lot of time to put 100 per cent into my solo career so not many people know about it. Ten years before I started with Hi-5 I was singing and performing for adults and I'd like to try my hand at reaching a more mainstream audience."

The 29-year-old isn't shy to admit he's holding his hand up for a presenting gig either.

"I can sing, I can dance, I can act, I play guitar and piano so there's not alot I can't do. I've been asked a few times to do Dancing With The Stars, but I think It Takes Two would be more my thing, I love singing."

Foley says despite the fact it's a new era for Hi-5 with a completely new ensemble, the success of the group will live on. 

"It will be different from the original group and there will be a different chemistry there, but kids are being born every day,  they'll grow with the new group."

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Nathan Foley Quits
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
This way he can commit 100% to the Tigers in 09  :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 04:20:19 PM »

But Foley says his decision to leave had nothing to do with Crawford's retirement, despite the fact the pair dated for seven years, culminating in a failed engagement at the end of 2006.

Didn't know that Foley and Shane Crawford were dating.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 04:21:15 PM »
You sensationalist headliner Infamy you

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
1st thing i thought when i saw the title was.

W.T.F. !!!???!!!???!!!????????

;D ;D