Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 343972 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1755 on: May 03, 2015, 08:20:15 AM »
I don't believe he is a right fit for us
but in the meantime could we try a forward line with vickery/some who wants to play afl at FF.
Griff at CHF
Jack as half forward

Maybe at full forward/ruck  Vickery could kick goals close to the goal square and go into the middle whilst our ruck man rests forward.
Could potentially increase his trade value if he is not interested to play with us??
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Gigantor

« Reply #1756 on: May 03, 2015, 08:31:42 AM »
Dimma vickery doesn't compete,he refuses to chase,create space.To me he appears to do nothing team oriented

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1757 on: May 03, 2015, 09:01:00 AM »
We have an abundance of issues at the moment but Dimma's comments regarding Ty might be the most concerning. How can an AFL coach be encouraged by Ty's performance today? He was uncompetitive and a large reason why our forward line was impotent.

I think Dimma has deluded himself because of the importance of having 3 talls up front but quite simply Ty is not the answer.

Offline Swooper

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1758 on: May 03, 2015, 09:01:06 AM »
Touché. I read today that "We'll stick with Vickery" says Hardwick. How could he. I was at the game. Vickery "running" to pick up opposition players was a joke. Maybe meandering? Vickery leading and taking a mark "out in front"? No way, he plays for the chest mark like the true dull amateur he is. That continuous lack of effort must deflate those around him. It certainly undermines the confidence of some supporters who see Hardwick's support a cop out and indicative of a soft coach who does not demand attitunl change.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1759 on: May 03, 2015, 09:09:31 AM »
His kicking for a goal is a real concern.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1760 on: May 03, 2015, 09:16:19 AM »
Also doesn't seem to have developed physically over the years. Would have hoped he'd be a monster by now. Anyone have Dank's phone number?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1761 on: May 03, 2015, 09:17:01 AM »
He loves the easy chest mark but his absolute favourite is:-

the cheap 2 on 1, leaves his man, receives a handball over the back/pack spill and kicks truly from 0m out
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1762 on: May 03, 2015, 09:36:42 AM »
We have an abundance of issues at the moment but Dimma's comments regarding Ty might be the most concerning. How can an AFL coach be encouraged by Ty's performance today?

Just on this, I was out yesterday arvo at a function and got talking to a fellow Richmond supporter. It was around half time and we were both aware of the score.

I asked him if we lose and Vickery does stuff all, what will Hardwick say. This guys exact words were "oh look, we thought he competed well"

The spin is so predictable.

Competing is for losers Damien. Winning is for winners.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1763 on: May 03, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
Let's judge Vickery when he plays under a coach where all of the forwards don't stagnate, underachieve or go backwards.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1764 on: May 03, 2015, 09:47:55 AM »
our forward line don't work because of the way the ball is delivered to them. The midfield constantly messes up & are continuely chasing butt & exhausted because of it. Hardwick needs to put Vickery at FF or CHF with Griffiths whichever way works. Rewoldt struggles to kick 45 metres these days so with his ability to run would be more benefit around the HFF. Our players are so exhausted from the back line to midfield that they don't have the energy to kick vital goals. No scoreboard pressure keeps any opposition team always in the game or kicking goals. We are chasers & until our skill level is fixed we are losers

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1765 on: May 03, 2015, 10:03:35 AM »
I think we need to persevere with Tyrone for this year anyway.
He needs to be sat down and look at what Brodie Grundy is doing at Collingwood. They are very similar size, body type and athletic ability. . Gundy in his second year of AFL footy just jumps at every bounce, tries to get in front in every throw in giving him the best chance to get his hands on the ball first and tries to help out around the ground when he can. He is not doing anything special just doing the simple things that ANY ruckman shoud do, well.
Big Tyrone is better than he is producing at present. He is a reasonable mark and kick, moves ok and pretty good when the ball is on the ground. He just needs to be instructed to jump all day long, no more run in, stop, walk around the ruckman and try and tap it to our advantage.. Just run in, jump, put your knee into the other ruckman and KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL.
IMO he needs more time in the ruck, we have tended to try and protect him but he just needs to crack in and complete, he is not a boy anymore.
Collingwood have done that with Grundy and he has done really well.
Time to give big Tyrone some responsibility.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1766 on: May 03, 2015, 10:04:17 AM »
He needs to be sat down and look at what Brodie Grundy is doing at Collingwood. They are very similar size, body type and athletic ability. . Gundy in his second year of AFL footy just jumps at every bounce, tries to get in front in every throw in giving him the best chance to get his hands on the ball first and tries to help out around the ground when he can. He is not doing anything special just doing the simple things that ANY ruckman shoud do, well.
Big Tyrone is better than he is producing at present. He is a reasonable mark and kick, moves ok and pretty good when the ball is on the ground. He just needs to be instructed to jump all day long, no more run in, stop, walk around the ruckman and try and tap it to our advantage.. Just run in, jump, put your knee into the other ruckman and KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE BALL.
IMO he needs more time in the ruck, we have tended to try and protect him but he just needs to crack in and complete, he is not a boy anymore.

100% agree!

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1767 on: May 03, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »

He doesn't have what's required upstairs unfortunately. I'm not a big Grundy fan but he's never had any problem with body contact and doing hard things. I've tried to be glass half full with Ty because he does have some attributes which are handy for a tall but he doesn't possess the drive or desire required to be an above average AFL player.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1768 on: May 03, 2015, 11:20:51 AM »
At the moment, he just doesn't look like he is AFL standard.  Whether that is because he is devoid of confidence or has other mental issues, he just doesn't look right.  You can be very biassed big tone.  If this was Griffiths, you would be calling for his head and saying he should never play again despite him being younger and with less games under his belt. Most unbiassed observers would say Griffiths now is so far ahead of Vickery, it isn't even a contest.  I really want BOTH to succeed as that is the only way we can get better.
On another note, I want the team to fast track big Reece because he is potentially better than both as a forward. Of course we should tell him that we will support the kid and not drop him instantly as he also has had mental demons in the past which we never want flared up. As my sig says, play the kids. We may go backwards but at least they may take us further forwards than many of the current group.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Gigantor

« Reply #1769 on: May 03, 2015, 11:45:26 AM »
Y&B I'm beginning to think those mental issues you mention might infect the whole joint.I understand and agree about playing youngsters but it might be just a case of shifting the deck chairs on the titanic