Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 343953 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1770 on: May 03, 2015, 12:55:03 PM »
His kicking for a goal is a real concern.

If only that was his only flaw....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1771 on: May 03, 2015, 01:08:39 PM »
Lost in the ruck to Walker. The dud is useless. It's all mental with him but not confidence. I think the issue is he thinks his poo don't stink.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1772 on: May 03, 2015, 04:03:45 PM »
Sideshow Bob is happy with his $$$$ whilst he enjoys free study at university.

Playing the system like a violin.

He's worked it out and he's content with his lot.
But unfortunately for us, all the psychological testing at draft time inadvertently was bypassed & clouded by the fact his old man works at the club.

He's enjoying the easy ride that is the RFC charity & the club has fallen for it hook line & sinker. :clapping :clapping :clapping

:gotigers
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1773 on: May 03, 2015, 04:26:02 PM »

But unfortunately for us, all the psychological testing at draft time inadvertently was bypassed & clouded by the fact his old man works at the club.

He's enjoying the easy ride that is the RFC charity & the club has fallen for it hook line & sinker. :clapping :clapping :clapping

Reckon your 100% right

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1774 on: May 03, 2015, 04:40:05 PM »
perhaps if the useless idiot had tp perform at vfl for more than one week things may be different.

having a big bodied forward that just flies for everything, crashing packs and ensuring the ball comes to ground while making sure the opposition backs feel his physical presence, must not be something Hardwick desires
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1775 on: May 03, 2015, 04:49:41 PM »

Reckon your 100% right

agree
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1776 on: May 03, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
To say Tyrone is "best 22" after what he dished up yesterday is nothing short of the most idiotic, deluded comment I've heard from the RFC senior coach in his 6 years. Seems to the week for it from Dimma

Actually comments like that are IMHO part of the reason why Tyrone is he player he is.

He has been gifted so many games when they weren't warranted. He's had his ego stroked time and time again with the comments about how important he is to the team and now "best 22" that he hasn't had to earn the right to have those comments made.

Instead he has been allowed to go through the motions and now we have what we see week after week a bloke who will give 10 minute cameos (see qtr 2 yesterday) and then offer nothing for the remaining 100+ minutes.

The Club has reaped what they've sowed here and they don't seem to be prepared to do the right thing and cut their losses
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1777 on: May 03, 2015, 08:40:26 PM »
I say again, Tyrone needs to be judged when he plays under a coach who can create a decent forward structure.

At halftime yesterday this side had 3 goals in its last 4 quarters.

Riewoldt is going backwards and every small forward we touch turns to potato.

Locket, Dunstall and Ablett Snr wouldn't kick goals under Hardwick.

Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1778 on: May 03, 2015, 08:56:02 PM »
my biggest criticism is his physical presence. nothing to do with structures, but him throwing his weight around and making backmen know hes about.

he plays like he doesnt give a stuff
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1779 on: May 03, 2015, 08:59:48 PM »
All about confidence.

He used to be one of the more physical members of the side, was always smashing into every opposition player who walked past him and laying heavy blocks for Riewoldt.

Hardwick has sapped the confidence out of all of the forwards. Riewoldt and Vickery are shadows of a few years ago.

Gerks 27/6/11

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1780 on: May 03, 2015, 09:13:42 PM »
All about confidence.

He used to be one of the more physical members of the side, was always smashing into every opposition player who walked past him and laying heavy blocks for Riewoldt.

Hardwick has sapped the confidence out of all of the forwards. Riewoldt and Vickery are shadows of a few years ago.

I would be so stuffing embarrassed to lay the blame of the short comings of my football game on the coach. 

I mean really come on

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1781 on: May 03, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »
Did you watch the game Saturday Chuck?

Hardwick allowed Scott to set up as he wanted, with Harry Taylor and Enright both practically playing as loose men in defence (One free and one with Lennon who they paid scant regard to).

Hardwick just let it go. Didn't match up the extra, change the Lennon match-up to make them accountable, nothing.

How the hell could any forward feel good out there, let alone one coming back into the side who is already battling confidence issues and has Richmond morons baying for him every time he makes a mistake.

The kid is living a football nightmare.

Gerks 27/6/11

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1782 on: May 03, 2015, 09:27:22 PM »
Jack at least gives effort. Despite the footy life being sucked out of him.
Tyrone doesn't.
What Vickery dished up yesterday as he has done many times before was unacceptable. If he had pride in his performance despite coaching shortcomings and yes we acknowledge there are many he would still perform his basic on field task of chasing, harassing, competing etc which he clearly doesn't either want to do out of desire or feel it is his not his obligation to perform. So therein lies the personal problem with him.

A teacher at school you hate means its ok as a student not to perform because you don't see eye to eye or you feel he/she may be below par or same with a work superior you feel the same way about so its okay not to do your job? Does not work that way unfortunantely.

That's the problem with RFC and to a large degree modern society. We are eager or find it is easy to point fingers and make excuses or lay blame yet take no individual responsibility for performance and outcome in a result driven business or worse still sugar coat a result or the blame in the hope nobody asks a hard question that makes us feel uncomfortable which is worse.

Yet Dimma talks about him making progress. Ludicrous.

Vickery can't or won't do the basics. That's an individual issue because if he couldn't do them he wouldn't be on an AFL list to begin with.

Players have to shoulder alot of the blame too. Did Dimma make him drop the mark he had 3 bites of in the first when he had a metre on his direct opponent plus the ball was kicked to his advantage giving his opponent no chance of spoiling. Please. As I said Dimma has huge faults in his structures but Vickery dropping that was Vickery and Vickery alone as are the half arsed chases and token arms stuck out faking a tackle.

Dimma should shoulder the blame for his constant selection week in and out.
Vickery deserves the wrath of the fans for underperforming on the basics of the game.
If he at least made an effort maybe as a supporter group we'd be more forgiving.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1783 on: May 03, 2015, 09:28:41 PM »
Did you watch the game Saturday Chuck?

Hardwick allowed Scott to set up as he wanted, with Harry Taylor and Enright both practically playing as loose men in defence (One free and one with Lennon who they paid scant regard to).

Hardwick just let it go. Didn't match up the extra, change the Lennon match-up to make them accountable, nothing.

How the hell could any forward feel good out there, let alone one coming back into the side who is already battling confidence issues and has Richmond morons baying for him every time he makes a mistake.

The kid is living a football nightmare.

Jack still performed well its called pride in performance. Vickery has no pride.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1784 on: May 03, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »
Jack had just a game on Saturday.

And you are comparing a two-time coleman medalist who has played twice the number of games.

Of course he will handle the forward line debacle better than Vickery.

Gerks 27/6/11