Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 344608 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1815 on: May 17, 2015, 10:53:04 PM »
For someone who has such a unconvincing approach he's actually a very good kick for goal. A much improved effort. I won't get my hopes up but deserves to play next week based on that effort. Maric certainly benefits from the more extended chop outs.
I think he is a better ruck than Griff but prefer Griff's marking around the ground.  We need them to believe that they both belong in the team together and have them kicking the ball to each other rather than feel that they are competing for the same spot.
Sorry Y&B but TV played a game today that your man has never done. He was sensational today and was IMO almost the difference between the two sides.  Say what you like about the two but until your man actually makes a difference he is still only a guy that takes a big mark.  I was super impressed with Tyrone today.
Sensational???????

I would have thought that is the MINIMUM he should be producing each week.  His first goal was a cheap duck out the back for a Riewoldt pass, his trade mark.  His last goal was good but he should have looked back immediately after marking the ball as there was a Richmond player all on his own running into goal.  Had he missed the shot he would have been shot by all the spectators around me including myself.  Funny you set such low standards for Tyrone to make the "sensational" grade.  I just wished you were consistent with your standards across all players.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1816 on: May 17, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »
Some of his best play was whilst in the ruck , weaved thru traffic with ease at times and gave off a precision pass that was champagne football  :cheers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1817 on: May 17, 2015, 11:11:41 PM »
For someone who has such a unconvincing approach he's actually a very good kick for goal. A much improved effort. I won't get my hopes up but deserves to play next week based on that effort. Maric certainly benefits from the more extended chop outs.
I think he is a better ruck than Griff but prefer Griff's marking around the ground.  We need them to believe that they both belong in the team together and have them kicking the ball to each other rather than feel that they are competing for the same spot.
Sorry Y&B but TV played a game today that your man has never done. He was sensational today and was IMO almost the difference between the two sides.  Say what you like about the two but until your man actually makes a difference he is still only a guy that takes a big mark.  I was super impressed with Tyrone today.
Sensational???????

I would have thought that is the MINIMUM he should be producing each week.  His first goal was a cheap duck out the back for a Riewoldt pass, his trade mark.  His last goal was good but he should have looked back immediately after marking the ball as there was a Richmond player all on his own running into goal.  Had he missed the shot he would have been shot by all the spectators around me including myself.  Funny you set such low standards for Tyrone to make the "sensational" grade.  I just wished you were consistent with your standards across all players.
Watch the game again mate!
Get a clue! I'm trying to be respectful but you make it nearly impossible.
You sound like a  guy that looks at stats to see who played well.
I'm not trying to disagree with you on purpose but FMD you have NFI IMO if you don't think he played well today.
Tyrone was better today than any game your man Griff has played in a Tigers jumper.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1818 on: May 17, 2015, 11:23:15 PM »
Was good today, kicked some big goals. I'm more of a Griff fan than TV but if you had Ty or Griff kicking for goal I reckon I'd prefer Ty. Think Ty's best is better than Benny G's, sad to admit because I want Benny G to make it really bad. He probably has higher potential but currently Ty's best is better than Griffs.

Go Tigers!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1819 on: May 18, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »
There is clearly room for both Griffiths and Vickery in the team. I think that Griffiths is more talented than Vickery but having said that Vickery's mobility and kicking are real strong points. Played a good game yesterday.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1820 on: May 18, 2015, 09:19:39 AM »
Vickery is a superior kick. Probably better ruck.

Griffiths is better on the lead and better at taking grabs.

Realistically we need to play them both with Maric and Riewoldt until we decide what to do with McBean. Maric needs a chop out and Jack needs backup. Can't leave either undermanned.

Otherwise could we develop Vickery as a ruck and play Griff+Jack+Bean together as KPF's?

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1821 on: May 18, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »
Sensational???????

I agree with Y & B about his game not being sensational. It that kind of effort we need from him as a good/average game each week with the occasional sensational game in between (5 goals plus with some contested marks).
However, I thought it was great that Ty turned his back on the kick over the top, which can have an element of risk attached to it, and taking it upon himself to have the set shot.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1822 on: May 18, 2015, 11:12:20 AM »
I thought Tybone was effective yesterday - made the most of his chances. I also felt he worked harder which was encouraging.
I loved him taking responsibility for kicking that last goal - more please. We need Key Forwards stepping up and kicking the getable goals - even if there was a better option over the top. The handball that Jack stuffed up vs Geelong a couple of weeks ago was a symptom of a forward being coached to absolve himself to the responsibility of kicking goals which is a paradox
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1823 on: May 18, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
does sensational have different meanings for different players it is applied to?

Cotchin - sensational
deledio - arguably sensational

Then way down the list

Vickery - better than what he has dished up but still plays without real fire and intent, particularly when up forward. solid to good game
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1824 on: May 18, 2015, 01:24:17 PM »
I thought Vickery was sensationally adequate.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1825 on: May 18, 2015, 01:47:42 PM »
Thought Ty was good. He played his role and gave Ivan a much needed chop out but having a 3rd tall meant that we didn't lose out up forward when Vickery went into the ruck

Still question his intensity though because yesterday like every other games there are times where he didn't attack the contest with the ferocity he should

But having said he was good. But he needs to back this up every week. The 4-5 weekly cameos aren't good enough. He's been around long enough to show more consistency than his current output
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1826 on: May 18, 2015, 06:08:51 PM »
Grif has far more upside IMHO, Vickery has had his chances and failed in the past, He was OK against Collingwood but still a passenger, more consistency in effort and I am happy to change my opinion.

We have been waiting for TV to become 'the man' for 5 years now, but it has not happened to date. With his size and attributes and a huge change in attitude he could take the game by the scruff of the neck and be a powerhouse instead of a AA

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1827 on: May 18, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »
Minimum requirement from Ty.
Still looked hesitant but the quick movement of the footy also helped him.
Six of one, half a dozen of another.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Gigantor

« Reply #1828 on: May 18, 2015, 11:06:23 PM »
one of my mates at the  footy said...we just need to accept the fact that Ty is nothing more than  an average footballer..maybe theres truth in that statement

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1829 on: May 19, 2015, 10:36:34 AM »
one of my mates at the  footy said...we just need to accept the fact that Ty is nothing more than  an average footballer..maybe theres truth in that statement

Is that sensationally average?