Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 344628 times)

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #2010 on: December 08, 2015, 02:37:19 AM »
Watch his 6th goal vs the Pies.  Great work rate.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2011 on: December 08, 2015, 03:34:12 AM »
Watch his 6th goal vs the Pies.  Great work rate.

Broken clock is right twice a day.

Vickery only plays on his own terms. Mostly a very lazy footballer, terrible attitude. Same can be said of Conca and it's evident in how they king-hit Cox/Smith respectively. Shows how poor their attitude an commitment is on the field. No discipline. Selfish acts, not team orientated.

Should have stuffed them both off years ago. Unfortunately Conca is a Hardwick favourite and Vickery is getting enough cheap goals with a couple of well-earned here and there to justify his spot in a generally weak AF forward line.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2012 on: December 08, 2015, 08:56:28 AM »
Conca king hit Smith. Give me a break. Got a bridge here in NY I can sell you.

Agreed Ty needs to make the effort his norm. But some guys have effort and limited ability  (Gordon and Morris spring to mind) and some have ability and need to learn the effort level.  And yes he should know by now, but finally last year there were some signs of him getting it. With his ability if (possibly a big if) he gets the effort level right then we have a player. Hopefully 2016 will tell.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #2013 on: December 08, 2015, 12:13:33 PM »
lol what would you call Conca's hit on Smith? It was pathetic

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2014 on: December 08, 2015, 12:22:18 PM »
Obviously the tribunal didn't think is was a king hit as they only gave him two weeks.

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #2015 on: December 08, 2015, 12:36:36 PM »
Is that sarcasm?

:lol

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2016 on: December 08, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
Conca didn't knock Smith out, but it was a pathetic and cheap shot. His two weeks was considered a disgracefully weak punishment universally. And at the end of the day whether it was a king hit proper or not it still proves my point that he is selfish and doesn't do the team thing.

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #2017 on: December 09, 2015, 12:23:56 AM »
Go watch the Hawks game.  Interesting to see with Conca and Miles doing much of the inside grunt how much more time and space Trent had.  I don't buy the Conca selfish bit.  Stupid in his hit on Smith, no doubt.  Selfish no way.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2018 on: December 09, 2015, 12:28:15 AM »
Go watch the Hawks game.  Interesting to see with Conca and Miles doing much of the inside grunt how much more time and space Trent had.  I don't buy the Conca selfish bit.  Stupid in his hit on Smith, no doubt.  Selfish no way.

Conca kicks on and finds a spot in the side

Corey Ellis and vlastuin are given proper mins in the guts

:pray
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2019 on: December 09, 2015, 07:12:43 AM »
Conca didn't knock Smith out, but it was a pathetic and cheap shot. His two weeks was considered a disgracefully weak punishment universally. And at the end of the day whether it was a king hit proper or not it still proves my point that he is selfish and doesn't do the team thing.

He's done it once ffs - people need to let that one go
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #2020 on: December 09, 2015, 11:55:26 AM »
Pretend to be a walrus once and it's the end of the world
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2021 on: December 09, 2015, 12:19:02 PM »

I'm referring to the cheap shot itself as selfish. It cost the team, and was entirely a personal thing to do because he wanted to get his own back.

Online taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #2022 on: December 09, 2015, 12:26:19 PM »

Yep, I said at the time of his inclusion for the EF that if he could replicate his Hawks game, we would be far better off.
Unfortunately wasn't quite fit enough IMO

Offline Petey

• Bad
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • SgtAA of OER
« Reply #2023 on: December 09, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »
If Cleve Hughes could replicate his game against Port Adelaide from 2008, he would be kicking 120 goals per season at AFL level. One swallow doesn't make an AFL footballer, unless you're one of Dimmas faves ;D

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #2024 on: December 09, 2015, 02:25:23 PM »
...this one time in band camp....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.