Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 308432 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #2820 on: August 30, 2016, 11:57:55 AM »
Doesn't matter how poorly this bloke plays for another team, I'm sure we'll hear about how much better he is now from the very same people keen to see him go. It's the Richmond supporter way :clapping

Not from me. His demise is the fault of the club. The way the club has gifted these players games in past years has resulted in this. Same goes with the Edwards and bellis types

IMO you don't give up a goal kicking ruck leaving a broken griffiths and that spud Hampson  up forward to go it alone.

A new coach would not be getting rid of him. He still did kick 26 this year.

Unfortunately dimwit is still coach and that means vickery is gone and bellis will probably join the other duds in grigg and co with contract extensions

That's right.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2821 on: August 31, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »
Could not give a stuff if he goes on to win a brownlow. Simple fact is we have had 8 years of mediocrity and it does not look like getting any better while he is with us.

Imo wont get much better too big of a pea heart he always has been.

Cant wait until he goes to hawthorn plays in a grand final does a cameo with a couple of goals due to the har dwork of those up the ground and then we have it thrown in our faces what a star he has been at his new club ala Mitch Morton

No doubt they'll be the over the back goals that drives all of us crazy.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2822 on: August 31, 2016, 10:15:59 PM »
Officially offered a contract by the Hawks - HUN  :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #2823 on: August 31, 2016, 10:32:39 PM »
damn, hoping the blues come in too, hawks are able to get players for less wages generally bc players just want to be part of that well run club - smaller offer means less compensation for us. Comeon Blues up the ante

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2824 on: August 31, 2016, 10:35:57 PM »
unless of course the offer is so low we match it  :pray
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #2825 on: August 31, 2016, 10:43:52 PM »
where is the "id neck myself" emoticon?

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2826 on: September 01, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »
damn, hoping the blues come in too, hawks are able to get players for less wages generally bc players just want to be part of that well run club - smaller offer means less compensation for us. Comeon Blues up the ante

Don't panic, the article says Geelong are also sniffing around :shh

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ty-vickery-offered-an-attractive-longterm-deal-to-leave-richmond-for-hawthorn/news-story/44b6301711b5a158299613e9ddf37d80

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Vickery offered an attractive long-term deal to leave Richmond for Hawthorn (HS)
« Reply #2827 on: September 01, 2016, 04:22:06 AM »
Ty Vickery offered an attractive long-term deal to leave Richmond for Hawthorn

SAM EDMUND
Herald Sun
September 1, 2016

TY VICKERY has been offered a long-term deal to join Hawthorn.

The Hawks are keen to secure the wantaway Richmond ruck-forward and have laid out an attractive package to tempt Vickery to Waverley.

The Hawthorn offer could be for as long as three years in what looms as a significant show of faith in the polarising Tiger big man.

Vickery, 26, has played his last game for Richmond after a turbulent season that saw him dropped twice and overlooked in the final fortnight for fringe key position pair Todd Elton and Callum Moore.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick has maintained Vickery is a required player, declaring after the Round 22 loss to St Kilda that he was “firmly in my best 25”.

“He’s a really important player to our footy club ... make no mistake,” Hardwick said.

But the Herald Sun has been told Vickery has grown fed-up with being made a scapegoat for Richmond’s problems. The restricted free agent has spent this week saying goodbye to his Richmond teammates.

Vickery has met with Hawthorn officials multiple times where they’ve told him they can make him a better player and expressed their belief that he can make them a better side.

Hawthorn, who have become masters at recruiting established rival talent in recent years, haven’t been as efficient up forward in the wake of David Hale’s retirement. Jarryd Roughead’s absence and the late-season knee injury to Jonathon Ceglar has further highlighted the need for another versatile big man.

Geelong has also expressed an interest in Vickery, aware it may need tall reinforcements with Nathan Vardy set to explore greater opportunity and Mitch Clark struggling for fitness and form.

Adelaide made contact, but it’s understood Vickery doesn’t want to move interstate.

A Vickery move to Hawthorn would bolster Richmond’s trade position if, as expected, his departure netted the Tigers a second-round pick under free agency compensation. The restricted free agent window opens on October 7.

Ex-Hawthorn list chief Gary Buckenara this month told the Herald Sun that the Hawks were a perfect new home for Vickery after eight seasons at Punt Rd.

“When he (Vickery) played at his best, he has shown he has AFL-quality; it has just been so inconsistent,” Buckenara said.

“Maybe in the Hawthorn system under ‘Clarko’ and with their development program, which has been proven over such a long period of time, it would bring the best out of Ty.”

Buckenara said Vickery would complement goal kickers Jack Gunston and James Sicily, 21.

“Ty would give them (Hawthorn) the size and structure that they will look for, particularly now with Hale retired,” Buckenara said.

Richmond champion Matthew Richardson believed “a fresh start might be good for him”, while Essendon premiership captain Tim Watson said he believed Vickery “needs somewhere new”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ty-vickery-offered-an-attractive-longterm-deal-to-leave-richmond-for-hawthorn/news-story/44b6301711b5a158299613e9ddf37d80

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2828 on: September 01, 2016, 09:16:14 AM »
But the Herald Sun has been told Vickery has grown fed-up with being made a scapegoat for Richmond’s problems.

LMAO

Spoiled turd has never had to earn his spot.

Kept in the side after multiple poor performances.

Rarely dropped and when he has been, a small number of half acceptable performances has seen him back in the side.

He personifies the problems of the club.

Dont let the door hit your lazy arse on the way out.

Good luck anyone taking on that sort of attitude
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2829 on: September 01, 2016, 02:28:22 PM »
 :lol :lol Obviously let's media get to him because he sure isn't a scapegoat by the club
Unless that's why Dimma backed him in hard, to try and level it out for poor old Vickery

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2830 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
Professional Victim. Unprofessional Athlete.

Precious, self indulgent and narcissistic.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2831 on: September 01, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »

Just see him waiting in the goalsquare for the easy one over the top after Rioli, Breust & Puopulo tackle and harass the opposition. He will be fist pumping like a hero when he snags his 3rd in the last without breaking a sweat.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2832 on: September 01, 2016, 02:52:39 PM »

Just see him waiting in the goalsquare for the easy one over the top after Rioli, Breust & Puopulo tackle and harass the opposition. He will be fist pumping like a hero when he snags his 3rd in the last without breaking a sweat.  :rollin

Lazy opportunist.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2833 on: September 01, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »
If he leaves lets not waste any compensation pick.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2834 on: September 01, 2016, 05:56:19 PM »
I sense that Vickery could be the next Schulz. In the sense that he is rubbish for us but once he goes to another club and realises how good he had it knuckles down and becomes a serviceable player. I am not saying we should keep him, but I would not be surprised if he kicks 50 goals a season for a top 4 club because the coaches actually ride him hard and he doesn't have Dad to fall back on