Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 350133 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Tyrone Vickery - 50 games [merged]
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
club hasnt got much idea at times and gets alot of things WRONG
here is one of them

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #406 on: April 27, 2012, 06:21:29 PM »
I rate him long term, just needs a spell atm horribly out of form, very lucky to be playing his 50th this week. Also, if his shoulder is not 100% then the club is being downright stupid playing him

Totally agree on all fronts TM.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #407 on: April 27, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
here is one of them
yes I agree, the club still has a mediocre loser mentality highlighted by the drafting of Miller and keeping mediocre second rate players on the list far too long. 
The club that keeps giving.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #408 on: April 27, 2012, 07:41:51 PM »
here is one of them
yes I agree, the club still has a mediocre loser mentality highlighted by the drafting of Miller and keeping mediocre second rate players on the list far too long.

Yep i agree.
The playing of Miller highlights the poor recruting of players on our list if he is getting a game

TigerTimeII

« Reply #409 on: April 27, 2012, 11:00:43 PM »
u were recently praising miller

i swear u r a effing skirt, my god u whine about everything

get a stuffing life , by the way still waiting for the cops lol

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #410 on: April 27, 2012, 11:12:27 PM »
Oh my!

tony_montana

« Reply #411 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »
So you two going to catch another game together one day soon?   :cuddles

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #412 on: April 28, 2012, 01:16:07 AM »
so much for Dimma having players earn there games and not gifted
How on earth does Vickery gets a game is beyond belief
No wonder we are the worst performing Melb based club in the past 20 years
Absolute joke :banghead

Serious question, so a serious answer would be appreciated. Who would you replace him with? Elton? Mcguane? Those would be gifted games too since they arnt setting the world on fire

gerkin greg

« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:05 AM »
The Richmond App has Vickery listed as an emergency...

Gigantor

« Reply #414 on: April 28, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
Since Dimma has taken over, the playing list has been turned over like never before..Any heavier culling and it would have made the list too heavily waited on the side of youth.To remain somewhat competitive you do need a blend .In my opinion the jury is still out on dimma,only regular finals appearances would cut the mustard with me....However he does need more time to at least give him a shot at moulding the list that he wants and thinks will take the team into the finals..Thus i have no problem with miller being recruited and played until one of the youngsters develops to the point where his form demands a game..that has not happened yet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers hope Vickery can find form against the Eagles (AAP)
« Reply #415 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:43 PM »
AFL Tigers hope Vickery can take big grabs
Greg Buckle
AAP
April 28, 2012 - 11:39AM

Richmond hope a ruck battle against boyhood rival Nic Naitanui will help Ty Vickery play himself back into form as a key forward in Sunday's clash at Etihad Stadium.

Vickery (No.8) and West Coast's Naitanui (No.2) were both drafted in 2008 and made their AFL debuts the following year.

The 200cm Vickery, who has booted only three goals in a slow start to the season following a 36-goal haul in 2011, is doing enough in the ruck to hold his own.

And Tigers midfield coach Brendon Lade says some early success against Naitanui and Dean Cox could be just the thing to boost Vickery's confidence going for big marks in the forward 50.

"Vickery, while he hasn't been marking it up forward, he has been quite competitive in the ruck for us," Lade said this week.

"Ty rucked against Naitanui when he was a kid (for Victoria against Western Australia) and did well.

"They've sort of grown up together and hopefully Ty can do a job for us when he goes in the ruck.

"When he has been in the ruck he has been fine this year.

"If he can get his hands on a few marks and get a few contested possessions and tackles when he is playing in the ruck, it's only going to help him when he goes forward and hopefully get a few marks.

"There's been a lot of media about it but he's still tracking along and he's still only 21.

"These big blokes, they do take a while.

"It's a big challenge for both the boys this week against probably the best combination in the AFL at the moment."

Vickery will receive plenty of help from Richmond's new No.1 ruckman Ivan Maric who has settled in brilliantly after 77 games in six seasons with Adelaide.

The Tigers (1-3) only lost by 10 points at Geelong last week and will take some confidence into their clash with the unbeaten Eagles.

However Lade says taking on big forwards Jack Darling, Josh Kennedy and Quinten Lynch plus Cox is a daunting prospect for Richmond's defence.

"They've got four tall forwards in their forward-line and we've got three (Jack Riewoldt, Vickery and Brad Miller)," he said.

"It (Etihad) is conducive for big marking."

Riewoldt is also struggling, with only six goals to his name.

Lade said the Eagles had a great midfield led by Daniel Kerr, Matthew Priddis and Scott Selwood.

"We've got some contingency plans in place if things get out of control," Lade said.

Lade said Richmond's midfield powerhouse Dustin Martin loved the quick deck at Etihad and wasn't far away from top form.

Tigers defender Matt Dea returns while the Eagles have also made one change, recalling Sam Butler.

West Coast coach John Worsfold said the Tigers were on the way up.

"I expect Richmond to be a much-improved side on last year because they're in that phase of bringing their young players through, so there's a lot of natural improvement through experience and maturity," he said.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/afl-tigers-hope-vickery-can-take-big-grabs-20120428-1xr9f.html
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-hopes-embattled-forward-tyrone-vickery-can-find-form-against-the-eagles/story-e6frepf6-1226341466345

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #416 on: April 28, 2012, 06:22:53 PM »
Best of luck TY, most supporters wish you the best

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: April 28, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
Since Dimma has taken over, the playing list has been turned over like never before..Any heavier culling and it would have made the list too heavily waited on the side of youth.To remain somewhat competitive you do need a blend .In my opinion the jury is still out on dimma,only regular finals appearances would cut the mustard with me....However he does need more time to at least give him a shot at moulding the list that he wants and thinks will take the team into the finals..Thus i have no problem with miller being recruited and played until one of the youngsters develops to the point where his form demands a game..that has not happened yet.

I agree whole heartedly.  The Miller recruitment was for a role as a bigger body while the younger ones developed and he has done that admirably.  For what he cost us he has been one the the best recruiting decisions in years.  Cost a rookie pick result 20 odd games 20 odd goals and a bigger body up forward.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #418 on: April 28, 2012, 10:26:25 PM »

I agree whole heartedly.  The Miller recruitment was for a role as a bigger body while the younger ones developed and he has done that admirably.  For what he cost us he has been one the the best recruiting decisions in years.  Cost a rookie pick result 20 odd games 20 odd goals and a bigger body up forward.
no no no. This is loser thinking IMO. The club must rid itself from mediocrity and loser mentality. It's very easy.....
You set high standards and you don't except anything below those standards. Those standards must be maintained throughout every department including recruiting.  At this moment the club doesn't have very high standards. The recruitment of Miller highlights this fact. 
Winners win and losers lose.  Winning teams demand success in all areas.
I want to see this at Richmond hopefully one day we will.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #419 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »
Good signs for Vickery

After an ordinary start to the season, Richmond key forward Tyrone Vickery was named on the Tigers' extended bench when the teams were announced last Thursday night. Vickery ended up scraping into the side, running out for his 50th game. The 21-year-old began the contest at centre half-forward, picked up by Will Schofield. He took one strong pack mark in the first quarter, then hauled in an ever better one in the second term after a 55m pass from Dustin Martin. Unfortunately, poor kicking ruined both those efforts. Late in the third quarter, Vickery snared another strong grab and this time went back and slotted a 50m goal. He remains a work in progress, but the signs were positive.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/134397/default.aspx