Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 349192 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1020 on: September 02, 2013, 05:09:28 AM »
He may well be a future star but currently he's a boy in a mans body and has no idea how to impose that body.
Sadly we're stuck with a coach who will bleed him until such a time as he proves or disproves that theory.
Some of those marks he spills are shockers.
Gets spoilt by blokes 6 inches shorter than him.
Rather play elusive than knock fukkas out with a solid attack on the footy
He's scared.
Caracella and Balmey.

the claw

« Reply #1021 on: September 02, 2013, 01:34:13 PM »
I think is 2nd in comp for contested marks.

Try 18th, 1 ahead of Reiwoldt  ;)
Any idea what he is in the back half of the year? I think Doug was onto something. I've heard a stat about 4 weeks ago that he was 2nd in the comp or something over a period of a month or 2.

PS, Can anyone confirm if it's just Doug or Black Doug?
last 4 games he has taken 26marks of which just 4 have been contested, ty like a few tigers plays bruise free footy.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1022 on: September 02, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »

Any idea what he is in the back half of the year? I think Doug was onto something. I've heard a stat about 4 weeks ago that he was 2nd in the comp or something over a period of a month or 2.

last 4 games he has taken 26marks of which just 4 have been contested, ty like a few tigers plays bruise free footy.
Well he was up there at one stage. Probably when you weren't in this thread. Which ever weeks those were.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1023 on: September 02, 2013, 01:52:42 PM »
Yeah I heard it on some footy forum or another that he was number two. I was pretty stoked when I heard it, but now I really think about it, a little absurd. But I still hold to what I said, love his work, BIG name player in years to come. Get excited!

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1024 on: September 02, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
Yeah I heard it on some footy forum or another that he was number two. I was pretty stoked when I heard it, but now I really think about it, a little absurd. But I still hold to what I said, love his work, BIG name player in years to come. Get excited!
It was over a certain period of this year. Stat is a few weeks old now though.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1025 on: September 02, 2013, 03:04:49 PM »
Ty tunes up for finals
By richmondfc.com.au
Monday, September 2, 2013

Talented Tiger ‘tall’ Ty Vickery has rebounded strongly from the shoulder injury that wrecked his 2012 season.

Vickery, who kicked a career-high 36 goals in 2011, missed the entire second half of last season after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction, but he’s bounced back in impressive fashion this year.

His equal-career-high four goals (all in the second half) against Essendon in last Saturday night’s final home-and-away round, took his season’s tally to 25 ...

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-09-02/ty-tunes-up-for-finals

the claw

« Reply #1026 on: September 02, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »

Well he was up there at one stage. Probably when you weren't in this thread. Which ever weeks those were.
im not in here very often imo. i say what i see make my point and tend to leave it for awhile.

i will reiterate again. im not calling for his head im not saying he is no good.
what i do say is there are parts of his game that have always peeed me off nothing has changed or greatly improved  in these areas and they should have by now.

for him to become a competetant #1 ruckman or kpf  he first and foremost needes 10 kilo on his frame and the subsequent strength that will come with it.
he desperately needs to find some toughness he needs to learn to compete and he surely needs to stop being so lazy when he doesnt have the ball.
he needs to get to more contests and at the least give a decent contest. if hes not marking it he needs to bringing it down to advantage. he needs to lay tackles and let opposition know hes about the place. he especially needs to learn to attack the ball with a vengeance.
in afl speak, hes no longer a kid hes 23 and played what 70 80 odd games. atm at 200cm and some reasonable size about him he lacks a presence.

like others i desperately want to see him make it but i will not sugar coat where i percieve him and his performances to be at. the only saving grace in a lot of his games is hes managed to kick some goals.
if we had another  decent young key forward up to speed atm i be calling for him to get a game in front of vickery.in fact id be calling for one to play weather we dropped vickery or not.
ive said it before we are not getting out of him what you should expect from a 200cm kpp/ruck . he plays more like a tall flanker than a kpp.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1027 on: September 02, 2013, 05:34:19 PM »
Agreed.

5kg minimum for next year, and preferably another 5kg as he fills out later.

Looks like he has fire in the belly sometimes but doesn't impose himself enough.

And it's about time he started jagging goals. Needs to take a defender off Jack.

Edwards is my form favourite ATM. Might be kicking goals against losers but at least he leads hard all day, and has a strong body. Essential for September IMO. Plays like a tall.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1028 on: September 02, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
Craw has brought a number of goid points re vickery
Time to snap off those training wheels you no longer need Ty and burn fuken rubber mate  :cheers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1029 on: September 02, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
Needs to shave his head too IMO.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1030 on: September 02, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »
Needs intensity for 120 minutes not 30 here or there.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1031 on: September 03, 2013, 07:11:10 AM »
Needs intensity for 120 minutes not 30 here or there.

:bow
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #1032 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »
1 x knee, 2 x shoulder recos, 23 yrs old key possy, 70+ games and 70+ goals

I'm happy with cameos at this stage

:cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1033 on: September 03, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
1 x knee, 2 x shoulder recos, 23 yrs old key possy, 70+ games and 70+ goals

I'm happy with cameos at this stage

:cheers
Next year is the year of Ty. Players often take a full year to get back in the swing of it coming off long term injuries. Foley is probably in the same boat too for that matter.  :shh

tony_montana

« Reply #1034 on: September 03, 2013, 01:25:20 PM »
Yeah Foley blitzed last year after the previous year lead in before succumbing to injury again. Want more from Tyrone, but he's tracking upwards as the season has progressed.

This finals series is a chance for all our players to enhance their reputation. Big opportunity for Ty who has bucketloads of talent