Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 348913 times)

Gigantor

Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: November 09, 2013, 01:30:20 PM »
Tyrone doesn't crash packs?...ask mitch robinson what its like.
And that superb bit of ruckwork across our half back line late in the season which resulted in a running goal to matty white ,I would cross a lava pit to see.
And don't bang on about not seeing this sort of stuff often enough,he aint our number one ruckman after all.
I guess that fact he had 2 shoulder recos last season has absolutely no baring on form.
I think Tyrone has several areas of his game he needs working on,probably his second and third efforts .however given that big boys take time and a large part of his life at RFC has been on the surgeons table I am prepared to cut him some slak ,a few times actually

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1081 on: November 09, 2013, 03:27:27 PM »
Lol billy two kicks better than Vickery

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1082 on: November 09, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
hmm how many ruckmen are there aged 23 or under.some off the top of my head who are in front of vickery purely as ruckmen

tom nichols, naitanui, zac clarke, zac smith, billy longer based on just 9 games.

Lmao at that list of spuds

the claw

« Reply #1083 on: November 09, 2013, 06:54:40 PM »
just gotta love the head in the sand brigade. every other teams ruckmen are spuds but the worst performed player in vickery is better.

yes even longer.  he hasnt got much of the ball he goes at 7 disposals a game but as a ruckman hes going at 20 h/o a game and he competes against and gives a great contest against the leagues best ruckmen. geez just 9 games and hes already averaging 20 h/o a game.
 what does tyrone go at again. whats that i hear 7 h/o a game. if i was after a ruckman i know which one id be chasing. and geez hes really racking up the numbers with 10 possesions a game of whick 90% are gathered more as a flanker than a kp/ruck.

in just 9 games as a ruckman longer has shot past old pea heart. but hey hes no good hes at an opposition club.

cmon someone point me in the direction where in tyrones 5  yrs to date hes taken on and beaten a good ruckman in a game. you cant play the position well if you crap your shorts every time you play there. cmon just 1 game wheres he dominated as a ruckman.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1084 on: November 09, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
Hampson #1 AFL hit out to advantage - no?

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1085 on: November 09, 2013, 07:06:30 PM »
Maybe Vickery doesn't average 20+ hitouts a game because he plays forward and possibly because Ivan Maric does most of the ruck duties? And considering we've recruited Hampson it seems clear to me Vickery will play as permanent forward in 2014. Not sure why we're judging him as a ruckman when he hardly stuffing plays there

the claw

« Reply #1086 on: November 10, 2013, 12:35:52 PM »
Maybe Vickery doesn't average 20+ hitouts a game because he plays forward and possibly because Ivan Maric does most of the ruck duties? And considering we've recruited Hampson it seems clear to me Vickery will play as permanent forward in 2014. Not sure why we're judging him as a ruckman when he hardly stuffing plays there
and why have they played him more forward then coach. the answer is pretty simple. hes failed as a ruckman. why have we gone and got hanpson. its simple because vickery has struggled as a ruckman.
why do people defend shoddy performances lack of consistency and failings in key areas so vigorously. im absolutely certain if vickery was at another club most people on here would be bagging the crap out of him.
if you do a comparison of nearly every other ruckman in the league in the role of ruckman hes behind nearly every one of them in the role. and its the same if you do it after the same length of time after 5 yrs. unlike a lot in 5 yrs hes managed  70 games far too many of em gifted.. in a nut shell  hes struggled as a ruckman..

your right its as a kpf that hes shown some promise at times but sheesh if you dare mention what he does poorly look out. if you dont rate him highly enough for some look out.
why is it riewoldt always seems to have 2 or 3 opponents on him. its simple because blokes like vickery have not been a big enough threat to worry too much about.

i suppose in short what im saying is based on his overall performances he is greatly overrated by most richmond people.
thats not to say he doesnt have lots of talent and scope for improvement but you earn high praise its not handed out on potential alone.
for me  its time for him to step up a level and warrant that rating or be prepared to cop the criticism that comes his way. almost a make or break season coming his way.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1087 on: November 10, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »
and why have they played him more forward then coach. the answer is pretty simple. hes failed as a ruckman. why have we gone and got hanpson. its simple because vickery has struggled as a ruckman.

* you can only play one ruck per time. Maric is #1
* we have a lack of KPP; McBean, Griffiths, Elton in development hence Vickery is required a a forward for now
* Even if Vickery was the #1 ruck in the AFL.... Vickery, Maric, Orren would still be insufficient ruck stocks over the course of an AFL season. One, if not two ruckman were still required. Even with Hampson when are short a young, developing ruck IMO.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1088 on: November 10, 2013, 04:10:30 PM »

* we have a lack of KPP; McBean, Griffiths, Elton in development hence Vickery is required a a forward for now
* Even if Vickery was the #1 ruck in the AFL.... Vickery, Maric, Orren would still be insufficient ruck stocks over the course of an AFL season. One, if not two ruckman were still required. Even with Hampson when are short a young, developing ruck IMO.

It's the bleeding obvious isn't it

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1089 on: November 10, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »
Vickers will only ever be a minimalist.
Improvement ?
Won't ever happen.
He'll always be the same as he is - 2-3 really good games a year.
Not a footballer.
He's not the messiah, he's just a very stupid boy.
Caracella and Balmey.

the claw

« Reply #1090 on: November 10, 2013, 07:24:42 PM »

It's the bleeding obvious isn't it
lol chucky. what ive seen of most of your posts you wouldnt know what obvious was if you fell over it. gotta love the band wagon posters.
so let me get this straight in defending vickery on the back  of the judge.  are you saying hes been a good consistent ruckman.
im asking again in his 5yrs can anyone bring up just one game where hes won his position as a ruckman against decent opposition no against any other ruckman will do.
the club must have a real lack of  confidence in this bloke. next yr  hes entering yr 6  turns 24 pushes toward 100 games is entering the stage of his career where hes deemed a mature player and its a stage where most ruckmen have blossomed yet we go and get hampson.

poor old ivan playing with chronic groin problems and vickery cant play a decent amount of time in the ruck to help him. geez when ivan cant  get up we dont play vickery in the #1 role we promote poor old orren stephenson.  :o
yep some things are very obvious but not to all of us it seems.

the claw

« Reply #1091 on: November 10, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »

gotta disagree sorry. read my previous post.

gotta ask what has vickery done so far as a key forward to warrant automatic selection. id argue if we had just one other decent key forward outside of riewoldt vickery would not get games.

damn right we lack tall forwards at least two genuine ones. gotta ask is mcbean a key forward or is he a ruckman.the club is telling us like vickery they took him as a ruckman. if thats the case he is not a kpp  but a ruck/for theres a major difference that is obvious but it seems most dont ever get it.
personally i reckon mcbean was an ideal candidate to play kpd. here we have a kid who comes to the club having played excellent footy as a kpd yet we continue to play genuine forwards like elton griffiths astbury in defense and stuff em up in the process. ffs if we need a kpf bloody target one and draft him. if we need a genuine ruckman just target one and draft him this best of both worlds has not worked.
im asking right now will mcbean ever play first ruck or is he a kpp sounds a bit like vickery where we hedge our bets and want the best of both worlds.

Gigantor

« Reply #1092 on: November 10, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »
Claw when chocco takes the Saints job,I reckon you would be a dead set certainty for his job at tigerland
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:34:14 PM by Gigantor »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1093 on: November 10, 2013, 08:55:40 PM »
I would vote claw

gerkin greg

« Reply #1094 on: November 11, 2013, 03:34:53 PM »
im absolutely certain if vickery was at another club most people on here would be bagging the crap out of him.

and you'd be talking him up as a stuffing hero

talk about head in the sand, most people on here are bagging the crap out of him

sheesh