Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 348832 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1125 on: April 09, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »
He said something along the lines of 'there's more to life than football' regarding Mitch Clarke.

He has a point, but the way he said it indicated that he too is personally struggling with the demands of the AFL life IMO and that he's not in it 100%.

This.
Posted another link recently to an NFL athlete who retired young as well..
Makes you wonder what's in his head that's for sure.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1126 on: April 09, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
He said something along the lines of 'there's more to life than football' regarding Mitch Clarke.

He has a point, but the way he said it indicated that he too is personally struggling with the demands of the AFL life IMO and that he's not in it 100%.

This.

Funny how we read things differently, how we read our take into what others say

I saw that Tweet and simply took it mean the Mitch Clark situation proves there more to life than footy. Nothing more or nothing less.

A persons health is far more important. And I totally agree, actually it's hard to argue

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1127 on: April 09, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
He's gonna find out about life after football sooner than he thinks unless he extracts the digit.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1128 on: April 09, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

This.

I saw that Tweet and simply took it mean the Mitch Clark situation proves there more to life than footy. Nothing more or nothing less.

A persons health is far more important. And I totally agree, actually it's hard to argue

I think emphasising it with "So far away from" as he did speaks volumes.

And I would suggest that if something's your primary source of income - a very generous income at that, if it's not the most important thing in your life, it should at least be right up there....not "so far away" from it....and Vickey's another entitled sub-30 softy who just doesn't want to put in the hard yards.

Would be interesting to see how he'd handle the harsh realities of the real world and real work...things I suspect he's never really experienced in his life so far.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Tigger

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1129 on: April 09, 2014, 03:42:44 PM »

This.

I read it like you WP - nothing more nothing less.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:25:36 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1130 on: April 09, 2014, 03:55:51 PM »
I'm not surprised Ty is suffering with mental issues as well due to fan expectations

Some of the fans who continually post poo about him should take note and feel ashamed

You know who you are

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1131 on: April 09, 2014, 04:29:25 PM »
I think emphasising it with "So far away from" as he did speaks volumes.

And I would suggest that if something's your primary source of income - a very generous income at that, if it's not the most important thing in your life, it should at least be right up there....not "so far away" from it....and Vickey's another entitled sub-30 softy who just doesn't want to put in the hard yards.

Would be interesting to see how he'd handle the harsh realities of the real world and real work...things I suspect he's never really experienced in his life so far.

Fair enough but

Personally, having learnt the hard way that your primary source of income is in the overall scheme of things not that important.

Family and health are.

The importance of my career has taken a massive back seat in the last 7-8 years. I learnt that having a great income means very little when you lose (unexpectedly) people that matter the most.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1132 on: April 09, 2014, 05:51:10 PM »
Most people will deal with some kind of poo through the course of their lives, they still have to get on with it at some point and pay the bills. Earning a living is important simply because it's a necessity. Football is how Vickery currently earns his.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1133 on: April 09, 2014, 06:01:15 PM »
If he can kick 45-50 goals this year and present a few crumbs for our non existent small forwards then he's done his job.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1134 on: April 09, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
Hmmm........ Maybe Tara should play the role of small forward.

See what I did there !?
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1135 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:32 PM »
I'm not surprised Ty is suffering with mental issues as well due to fan expectations

Some of the fans who continually post poo about him should take note and feel ashamed

You know who you are

Leave him alone.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1136 on: April 09, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
IMO he still has something to offer as mobile ruck with the ability rove his own hit outs - he's ability in traffic is massively underrated, almost like a tall midfielder -which the modern ruck essentially needs to be. Personally though, I'd like too see us try him to the wing ala Richo 2008, he has all the attributes and he needs to get his hands on the ball.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1137 on: April 09, 2014, 06:20:13 PM »

You know who you are

Leave him alone.

All of you.

ALL OF YOU.

- Thomas Sowell

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1138 on: April 09, 2014, 06:23:27 PM »
No
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

tony_montana

« Reply #1139 on: April 09, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »
IMO he still has something to offer as mobile ruck with the ability rove his own hit outs - he's ability in traffic is massively underrated, almost like a tall midfielder -which the modern ruck essentially needs to be. Personally though, I'd like too see us try him to the wing ala Richo 2008, he has all the attributes and he needs to get his hands on the ball.

Ive always felt this should be explored more by the coaching staff. I've liked what I see when Ty goes in the ruck, just has an awareness and rare agility when he has the ball in trafiic