Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 348812 times)

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1170 on: April 12, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »
Got the biggest cheer of his career last night when it was announced he had been subbed out of the game

Sums it up really

Our love our fans but that was pathetic. We are better than that. Vickery is crap, the only way to change that is for him to get confidence through the VFL and at training, he didn't need that. Thats what a poo club does, like Essendon or Melbourne.
Go Tigers!

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1171 on: April 12, 2014, 01:28:47 AM »
He's a big horses hoof
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1172 on: April 12, 2014, 02:27:28 AM »
Ty may soon find there's more to life than football. It certainly doesn't appear to be his priority atm.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1173 on: April 12, 2014, 03:21:28 AM »
The sooner Elton or McBean come on the better. He isn't a 2nd ruck anymore so we don't "need" him. Stop coasting. prick

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #1174 on: April 12, 2014, 03:26:32 AM »
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1175 on: April 12, 2014, 03:37:07 AM »
He isn't a 2nd ruck anymore so we don't "need" him.

Why we just threw in the towel with him in that role is beyond me. No patience. Put him back there and rotate him to the wing ala Richo. At he's true best he plays like a tall mid -which is what the modern ruckman essentially has to be. Don't care what he fluked three years ago when he snuck under opposition's radar as an unknown quantity - he's just a waste of time as a permanent forward......you put him there for a rest or as a shock tactic. He needs to to move with the ball  and play instinctively not stand & wait or have to think and try and read the advancing play. He's a reflex player not an anticipator.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:04:44 AM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1176 on: April 12, 2014, 04:04:35 AM »
He isn't a 2nd ruck anymore so we don't "need" him.

Why we just threw in the towel with him in that role is beyond me. No patience. Put him back there and rotate him to the wing ala Richo. At he's true best he plays like a tall mid -which is what the modern ruckman essentially has to be. Don't care what he fluked three years ago when he snuck under opposition's radar as an unknown quantity - he's just a waste of time as a permanent forward.
I'd be worried that Griff will go missing if he isn't given ruck duties. Bit of a dilemma.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1177 on: April 12, 2014, 04:23:11 AM »
Yes it is unfortunately. I advocated for Griffith in the ruck for that reason as well. At this point in time I'd drop Vickery back to the twos anyway.

"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1178 on: April 12, 2014, 04:31:59 AM »
Walked off the ground relaxed, content and not caring.

Some of our players were hurting but this big goofball almost cracked a smile.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1179 on: April 12, 2014, 08:38:59 AM »
Got the biggest cheer of his career last night when it was announced he had been subbed out of the game

Sums it up really

Our love our fans but that was pathetic. We are better than that. Vickery is crap, the only way to change that is for him to get confidence through the VFL and at training, he didn't need that. Thats what a poo club does, like Essendon or Melbourne.

I wish they were Pope  but a good portion aren't

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1180 on: April 12, 2014, 09:13:33 AM »

Sums it up really

A big cheer wasnt enough. The cheer squad should have punched out a quick banner for him to run through on his way to the rooms.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1181 on: April 12, 2014, 09:15:57 AM »

Sums it up really

A big cheer wasnt enough. The cheer squad should have punched out a quick banner for him to run through on his way to the rooms.

A Western Bulldogs type banner ie Our mastermind Brendan McCartney.

Pillow muncher- Ty Vickery.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1182 on: April 12, 2014, 09:19:51 AM »
Gonna have to be dropped if the players are ever going to get the message that they have to earn their spots every week !! Same goes for Ellis and Grigg.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1183 on: April 12, 2014, 09:29:50 AM »

Sums it up really

Sorry Pope, though I can see your point I can't agree

Facts are people are incredibly (rightly I might annoyed) with what Tyrone has been dishing up, not just this year but the last few. They are angry and frustrated. 4 games into the season bad he's given one good performance and been missing in action for the other 3. That's been his MOU for the last 3 years, one good game and missing for the next 3-6. He is capable of a lot better

I am not sure what message he is getting from the coaches but perhaps last night's "message" from the fans maybe the real rocket he needs to actually get his act together.  :pray

I didn't cheer when he was subbed but I wont be critical of anyone who did. People pay good $$$ to go and watch this side and what they are dishing up at the moment is simply no acceptable on any level
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1184 on: April 12, 2014, 09:36:10 AM »
I just hope Ty is mentally tough enough to get thru the fans hatred

Mental health is nothing to take lightly