Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313768 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1380 on: July 11, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »
We then didn't replace our fastest player on our list, but instead recruited Thomas who was delisted from the same place we let white walk to.

Edited for accuracy.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1381 on: July 11, 2014, 07:46:59 PM »
We then didn't replace our fastest player on our list, but instead recruited Thomas who was delisted from the same place we let white walk to.

Edited for accuracy.

:thumbsup
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1382 on: July 11, 2014, 08:43:25 PM »
Wasn't Miles delisted too?
Seems to be traveling ok.  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #1383 on: July 12, 2014, 10:39:04 AM »
 people criticising the club over white goingare just plain wrong. if anything the opposite should be the case. they should be criticised for hanging onto such a poor performing player for so god damned long 8 freakin yrs of mediocrity and people are bemoaning the club let him go.

i for one think hes a very ordinary player.  just like he was at richmond.  yes hes making a contribution and performing a role for p/a good on him but hes nothing special. the way people are carrying on you would think we let ablett walk away for nothing when the truth is we offered white what he was worth he was lucky to be offered a contract at all.

geez people want us to turn under performing players over quicker than we do and when we do they moan about it. people do realise all clubs lose the odd good player here and there.
me id rather we go adapt a good process of turning more players over  a lot quicker rather than sit on em for 6 7 8 or more yrs for little return.
im more than happy to stick the boots into the club when they get things wrong but matt white was a good processand it was the right process.

Gigantor

« Reply #1384 on: July 12, 2014, 10:47:31 AM »
in a team bereft of speed,he more than filled a role

tony_montana

« Reply #1385 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »
hes not a poor player - hes a very good role player like he was last season for us.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1386 on: July 12, 2014, 11:34:31 AM »
Claw, we waited  7 years for him to do something and when we finally work out how to use him then let him go. Maybe a 3 yr deal is too ambitious but 2 yrs would've been ok and I'm sure he would've taken it up.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1387 on: July 12, 2014, 11:40:19 AM »
Claw, we waited  7 years for him to do something and when we finally work out how to use him then let him go. Maybe a 3 yr deal is too ambitious but 2 yrs would've been ok and I'm sure he would've taken it up.

100%
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1388 on: July 12, 2014, 12:05:36 PM »
this club will never build a side from the ground up it never will happen because the coaches usually have no idea and the fans/ board etc don't have the patience to wait for that amount of time.

The only way the Tiggers will win a flag is if by some coincidence we get a motley group together that have the most special season ever added to the sprinkling of A and B graders we have, having out of the box seasons, no injuries to us, plenty to others added to coach/political issues and an opponent who won't culturally and psychologically affect us either. We get a Swans, Cats, Pies, Hawks or many others unmentioned we are fornicated.

Noone will follow our model as it is not structurally sound nor is it successful long term so the league will revert back to normality with one of the culturally successful clubs winning again the following year and us returning back t our strong foothold in the bottom half of the ladder.

Regrdless of who we keep or bring to the club it is not our time and logic says it will be one turn up for the history books if we do and our fall from grace will be as spectacular as our one year rise only less surprising.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1389 on: July 12, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
I'd still much rarer Vickery as our #2 ruckman over Hampson

Given age, potential etc.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1390 on: July 12, 2014, 03:15:25 PM »