Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 313787 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1455 on: November 18, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
stuffn love handles.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1456 on: November 18, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
Yes, get on the Ty wagon folks!!

Hey OE, any chance of posting the training photo in here showing the guns, the big guns.. :lol :thumbsup
Here you go, WAT.

Dooks, you are kidding yourself. There is significant difference from when he came to the club, including chest.

WAT you have no idea.

Round 2 2013:-

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1457 on: November 18, 2014, 07:21:39 PM »
What's with the closed fist running style - he visualising Dean Cox?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1458 on: November 18, 2014, 08:38:44 PM »
Yes, get on the Ty wagon folks!!

Hey OE, any chance of posting the training photo in here showing the guns, the big guns.. :lol :thumbsup
Here you go, WAT.

Dooks, you are kidding yourself. There is significant difference from when he came to the club, including chest.

WAT you have no idea.

Round 2 2013:-

Dooks, no need to try an belittle. Yes he was big in 2013... Now be a good little plebby and go find some from this year. I reckon he was smaller last year and mows he has bulked up again. Btw don't get shots with the camera angle suggesting you are right....as you have done here... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1459 on: November 19, 2014, 12:22:06 AM »

"Sliding doors moment.

the claw

« Reply #1460 on: November 19, 2014, 10:57:47 AM »
he came to us at 89kg
09 - 91kg. 2kg gain  disappointing for a bloke who had to gain so much size.
10 - 95kg. 4kg gain  a decent gain.
11 - 95kg. 0 gain wtf.
12 - 97kg. 2 kg gain not good enough is he even in the weights room.
13 - 98kg. 1kg gain again wtf is going on
14 - ????. who knows.

for a skinny ruckman to take  5 yrs to gain just 9kg  is a pretty poor effort imo. the bonus is this yr he was very close to his optimum weight there was no excuses for a lack of size or weight.
100 - 105 kg  is about where he should be.

my problem with him is well documented i dont see him as a top level kpf, and he doesnt project as a top level ruckman.it would be good if he was top level in one of the roles.
to me with what he gives he could play as the second ruck out of the fwd pocket.again i say we need to go out and find a top lebvel kpf and not a 200cm neither one or the other type.

if  i will repeat IF we had a tall fwd  setup like the following, useing current players in this yrs nd it would be great. its the sort of quality and structure we need to aspire to just to get on par with the better sides.

FF;       XXXXX - Mccartin  194cm - Griffiths200cm/Vickery cm one as the ruck fwd.
HF; Lamb192cm - Riewoldt 195cm - XXXXX.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1461 on: November 19, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
McBean drafted end 2012 at 84kg
Listed weight season 2014 at 93kg
Now??? 

"Sliding doors moment.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1462 on: November 19, 2014, 07:12:21 PM »
McBean just needs to work on his core strength and tank, you don't want him bulking up too much....biggest asset is his agility and he'd likely lose some of it if he were to get too big.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #1463 on: November 19, 2014, 11:25:25 PM »
McBean just needs to work on his core strength and tank, you don't want him bulking up too much....biggest asset is his agility and he'd likely lose some of it if he were to get too big.
you guys have seen a hell of a lot more of mcbean than me and normally i would bow to those who have seen him play a bit.
but yes theres always a but. the way he plays atm imo wont translate to afl footy. without size strength and power he can have all the agility in the world but it wont help him much at the top level.
if he cant compete in the air and take contested marks he wont make it. just to compete in the roles envisioned for him he has to get to 100kg and not lose too much of his agility.

me im hoping hes a david hale type or even an upgrade on zac clarke  its in that role imo he can make the grade. so i suppose i see him more as a ruckman long termthan a kpp. personally and ive said it a fair bit i think if hes to play kp he should be played in defence.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1464 on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:09 AM »
you guys have seen a hell of a lot more of mcbean than me and normally i would bow to those who have seen him play a bit.
but yes theres always a but. the way he plays atm imo wont translate to afl footy. without size strength and power he can have all the agility in the world but it wont help him much at the top level.
if he cant compete in the air and take contested marks he wont make it. just to compete in the roles envisioned for him he has to get to 100kg and not lose too much of his agility.

me im hoping hes a david hale type or even an upgrade on zac clarke  its in that role imo he can make the grade. so i suppose i see him more as a ruckman long termthan a kpp. personally and ive said it a fair bit i think if hes to play kp he should be played in defence.

As I said, he just needs to build his core strength & tank to become more competitive....100kg's is about right but not too much more ....he'll never be barrell chested, have bodybuilder arms or tree trunk legs but he doesn't need too.... his endurance and work ethic are his biggest issues atm, not his size or ability.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline scjhammo

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1465 on: November 20, 2014, 10:04:02 AM »
clearly they must have thought they were going to trade him reason why he didn't have a tiger singlet on hahaha....

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1466 on: November 20, 2014, 11:25:47 AM »

The highest contested mark average for an afl player last year was....

Two p game

'I'm living in the 70s...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1467 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:01 PM »
clearly they must have thought they were going to trade him reason why he didn't have a tiger singlet on hahaha....

I know you're taking the mickey but is he not allowed to wear a singlet because his not a 1-4 year player and that'll be classed as coming to training too early?

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1468 on: November 20, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »
Yep, they won't issue him with gear until it is officially time to return and won't let him wear old gear for marketing purposes.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1469 on: November 20, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
Yep, they won't issue him with gear until it is officially time to return and won't let him wear old gear for marketing purposes.

:cheers Makes much more sense then just not letting him or because they were going to trade him :lol