Author Topic: Tyrone Vickery [merged]  (Read 314818 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Tyrone Vickery [merged]
« Reply #1935 on: August 23, 2015, 09:34:47 AM »
Did some say they want vickery gone that leaves us with that big bad boy Griffiths?

:lol :lol :rollin

Wake up

In two years times, #StandByGriff  , might be of the same standard as Tyrone is now, possibly. If one views the 'vickery related comments',  when he was 23. Not all flattering
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:48:31 PM by Stalin »
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1936 on: August 23, 2015, 03:18:01 PM »
Did some say they want vickery gone that leaves us with that big bad boy Griffiths?

Wake up

I think most on here have wanted to keep both but have said they prepare Griff than Vickery. Vickery has done this before (not quite as many goals) but he always seems to revert back to the cameo king lacking effort. I still reckon Griff provides a necessary role for us that Vickery can't play

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1937 on: August 23, 2015, 03:50:01 PM »

Wake up

I think most on here have wanted to keep both but have said they prepare Griff than Vickery. Vickery has done this before (not quite as many goals) but he always seems to revert back to the cameo king lacking effort. I still reckon Griff provides a necessary role for us that Vickery can't play

Hopefully now Vickery is around the 25 age range and team seems to be improving across the board he consistently plays at a decent level

its not uncommon for players of that size to take up until that kind of time to come good
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1938 on: August 23, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »
Vickery finally coming good.

Truth is Griffiths showed a lot more than he did last year. Vickery didn't look like he wanted to play at all in 2014.

Question is, do we trade at least one of them with McBean coming on and McKenzie developing?

Given Vickery's recent form he should be worth a first round pick when you consider what we paid for Hampson...

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1939 on: August 23, 2015, 04:16:49 PM »

Truth is Griffiths showed a lot more than he did last year. Vickery didn't look like he wanted to play at all in 2014.

Question is, do we trade at least one of them with McBean coming on and McKenzie developing?

Given Vickery's recent form he should be worth a first round pick when you consider what we paid for Hampson...

if we trade vickery or griffiths

and do not get a new ruck - we would be very thin (IMHO) in the ruck department

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1940 on: August 23, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »

Yes, however we have already agreed that we need another genuine ruck. Hampson is fine as a backup only. Griffiths and Vickery pinch-hitters at best. At this stage of the game I would be open to trading Griffiths. He looked better than Vickery last year, but appears to have gone backwards in 2015 and his shooting for goal has been poor. With McBean in the wings there's basically no hope of him getting a game as the 3rd tall behind Jack and Vickery. TRADE!

As for rucks, there are some potential options.

Leuenberger - too injury-prone for me.
You like Kreuzer - I'm warming to the idea after some consistency.
Stefan Martin - wants to come back to VIC. Would be inquiring about his services.

Anybody else?

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1941 on: August 23, 2015, 06:26:57 PM »

Yes, however we have already agreed that we need another genuine ruck. Hampson is fine as a backup only. Griffiths and Vickery pinch-hitters at best. At this stage of the game I would be open to trading Griffiths. He looked better than Vickery last year, but appears to have gone backwards in 2015 and his shooting for goal has been poor. With McBean in the wings there's basically no hope of him getting a game as the 3rd tall behind Jack and Vickery. TRADE!

As for rucks, there are some potential options.

Leuenberger - too injury-prone for me.
You like Kreuzer - I'm warming to the idea after some consistency.
Stefan Martin - wants to come back to VIC. Would be inquiring about his services.

Benny Gale seems to think we do not need a key back or ruck - if you go by the propaganda

Anybody else?

gold coast ruck maybe

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1942 on: August 23, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
4. Tiger Tyrone can be Jack's finals foil

Nick Bowen
afl.com.au
August 23, 2015

Tyrone Vickery's best-on-ground performance against Collingwood shows he can be a very handy sidekick to Jack Riewoldt this September. With Riewoldt playing a selfless role up the ground on Saturday, Vickery thrived as Richmond's main man in attack. The 200cm Tiger was too strong in the air for a Magpies defence missing the suspended Nathan Brown, taking 10 marks (three contested), while one of his career-high six goals came from a clever snap in general play. As Collingwood kicked itself out of the game with seven behinds in the second quarter, Vickery was a deadeye, returning a perfect 6.0 scoresheet. With Ben Griffiths in doubt for the finals with a finger injury, Vickery now looms as a key part of Richmond's finals campaign. But, as Tigers coach Damien Hardwick noted afterwards, the challenge for him now is to back up Saturday's performance.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-23/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-21

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1943 on: August 24, 2015, 01:23:51 PM »
Vickery is really cementing his place in the side over Griffiths.

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1944 on: August 24, 2015, 01:57:52 PM »
There is bugger all difference in their stats, this year, at the same age or across their career EXCEPT that Vickery scores almost twice as many goals. Both played 12 games this year and stats are the same except Ty is averaging 2 per game to Ben's 1. Ty is just 12 months older. Line ball but I think Ty is the better.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1945 on: August 24, 2015, 03:02:21 PM »
Vickery is really cementing his place in the side over Griffiths.

Grif looks like he is a good kick - but his goal kicking is Travis Cloke -esque . Big Ben has missed so many easy shots this year.

Tyrone is a dead eye . Kicks murcirical goals from the boundary line.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1946 on: August 24, 2015, 05:02:11 PM »
There is bugger all difference in their stats, this year, at the same age or across their career EXCEPT that Vickery scores almost twice as many goals. Both played 12 games this year and stats are the same except Ty is averaging 2 per game to Ben's 1. Ty is just 12 months older. Line ball but I think Ty is the better.

he may only be 12 months older but he has played 100 odd games compared to 50
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1947 on: August 24, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »
you forgot to mention that Ben played a year in defence. Ty has never done that. At this stage Ty is ahead in a few areas - accuracy and durability are the two biggest. Ben is a better ruck chop out and takes good defensive contested marks.  I actually think they compliment each other and we are a better team when both are in and playing well.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1948 on: August 24, 2015, 06:32:09 PM »
you forgot to mention that Ben played a year in defence. Ty has never done that. At this stage Ty is ahead in a few areas - accuracy and durability are the two biggest. Ben is a better ruck chop out and takes good defensive contested marks.  I actually think they compliment each other and we are a better team when both are in and playing well.

Finally a voice of reason  :bow
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1949 on: August 24, 2015, 06:36:53 PM »
How I see it.
Lloyd and Lennon have been the fill in for Griffiths. Two midgets with goal sense.
I'm not disappointed in their output either.
I support Griffo and have since the start.
Caracella and Balmey.