Author Topic: B&F Aftermath  (Read 3987 times)

froars

B&F Aftermath
« on: September 09, 2004, 03:37:19 AM »
Set the alarm for 10.30 thinking that will get the old girl through the night into the early morning, only to have someone call me at 8.00am in the morning just to tell me “what a prick Charles Macek is”.  Thanks to that person lol  ;)

Then began on the 8 hour reconstruction of body, soul and everything else to make me look presentable at this do intertwined with a few reds during the day to get me in the mood – as you do lol.  At the end of the ordeal didn’t seem to have any noticeable effect – well who gives a stuff anyway.

Arrived at 6.30, right on the dot, and the first person I see in purple tie and suit, looking rearing to go is Jackstar talking to David Wheadon.  Mosey up to them and say hi.  I shortly left them, as they seemed to be talking secret footy biz, and toddled off to catch up with my crew I was sitting with, who were talking to Don Lord and wife.  Don seems fired up and ready to go, looking forward to the challenges of a board election.  Top bloke Don and I’m gonna vote for him no matter what he stands for lol

The event starts with all the preliminary awards like the Cosgrave Medal to Hartigan, goal kicking Richo, and best club man Chris Hyde.  No memorable speeches here from the guys, but all looked really thrilled to receive their awards.

I missed the count of Rounds 1 to 11 for the B&F as I was outside having a smoke and ran into a person who is a prominent member of the club.  He tells me he is thinking of nominating for a position on the board as well – hmmm, not as an Independent, but will probably align himself with one of the tickets.  Not sure if this is a goer as he didn’t seem too convincing to me – maybe Jackstar has more info on this, as I caught them in deep convos later in the night.   That’s the only goss I managed to get, because I actually went there to enjoy the night, catch up with old friends, and have a drink and dance, which I managed to do. 

Came back for the vote count for rounds 12 to 22 and watched Joel catch up to Brown and Co and overtake them to win this years award.  He looked absolutely thrilled to win the award and gave a nice speech, managing to encourage people to join up next year as members because we were in for exciting times ahead.  Sounds like he was grooming himself for the role of captain when I heard that line – well, I think he’d make a good captain, so good luck to him.  He’s a very intelligent boy and no matter what we think of him, seems to have a good camaraderie with the other players etc.

Official stuff over with, the band (if you could call them that lol) started up, and first on the dance floor was – you guessed it – OER’s own John Travolta, Rockin’ Ronnie Branton lol.  But alas, he brought his gorgeous wife, and poor old Froars sitting like a shag on a rock, drank herself into oblivion and back, pondering what might have been lol. 

To relieve my solace, I went up to Richo and asked him for a dance, only to be told “I can’t dance”.  You big dope, either can I – but that’s not gonna stop me making a dick out of myself lol.  We did get Tommy Roach onto the floor, and he is the most gorgeous kid.  By this stage of the night, things began to degenerate into a free-for-all throwing things at people – like the footies that were put on the tables.  The players and everyone else were just chucking things and doing things footballers and ppl who are old enough to behave better (moi lol) do – great fun actually lol.  To top it off, Kane Pettifer got up on stage, with leg in plaster and on crutches, and sang for the masses – geez he was good.  Not a shy bone in his body, but he was oh so good – better than the band which wasn’t hard lol

The night ended about midnight, and with no after party (apart from the Mercury Lounge which the players went to I think) I went and had some drinks upstairs in one of the rooms.  Left there about 2.00 and came home – a bit of a bummer nothing else happening, but mid week I guess was the only excuse for not having one.  And here I am at 3.30 in the morning typing this up lol. 

It was a good night, but I have been to better B&Fs.  Managed to catch up with WP and BG25 through the night for the first time, and was great to see you both.  Hope you both had a good time.

Well, that’s about it really.  Didn’t take many photos, but got one for Julz of Richo and me which I’ll send her, and one of Timmy Fleming for my own collection lol.  And if it comes out, I’m gonna send one to Ox, the final photo of Danny Frawley and me – the official last photograph of him at any club function – as I grabbed him bolting out the door at the end of the night.  He actually said, “make it quick, because I’m leaving ASAP”.  Well, I couldn’t resist and got a photo with him.  The finality of him actually leaving us was quite joyous lol

That’s it from me.  Looking forward to Jackstar, Ronnie, WP, BG25’s report on the night from their perspective.

Cheers

Froars

Jackstar

Re: B&F Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 07:13:06 AM »
Wasnt a bad night actually ;)
Bumped into Froars first off chasing the waiters around the foyer.
OER gang that we present and accounted for were WP, BG 25 and Rockin Ronnie Branton, his moves on the dance floor had to be seen to be beleived. His Karoke to a few of the 70s and 80s songs was astonishing. Young Krak was left shaking his head in disbelief.
Joel Bowden was terrifc although didnt think much of Hyde speech although footballers will be footballers I suppose. Bowden does have leadership qualities and more importantly speaks from the heart.
Now for the goss.
Upset some poor bloke on Froars table who still thinks Ben Holland can play, basically told him to go and get lost, didnt know he was Ben Holland godparents. after he told me that, I told him that Ben was hopless and he should of watched this overated HACK get one possesion last week, I left the table as he was going to go into cardiac arreest and poor Froars was the only one capable of giving mouth to mouth on the table although the scent of Alchol would of been the killing blow

Alertnative ticket is a ramble.
Charles Macek. before anyone comments again , go and have a conversation with him, I didnt pull any punches either, this bloke should be doing the cleaning at the local RSL and running the bingo. I mentioned that I didnt necessary agree with the current board but my beef was I didnt want to see the RFC on the back of the Herald SUn again in regards to board room issues. I rather see Richo on the back of the paper or articles on us winning games.
Mentioned about 2m loss, I explained to him that 2m isnt a drama with a business that has a turnover of 25m plus, he agreed :o Can be turned around very quickly.
Told him that i wouldnt re employ people who had left on the own accord or who I had sacked, he actually knew where i was coming from. he has been told by friends that he was mad to get involved with the alternative ticket.
He seemed pretty passionate about getting things right which is good point.
He seemed very keen to listen although he didnt have an option ;), went through every member of the alternative ticket, I suggested there were better people who had better credentials about, told him to look around the room.
He did say goodbye to me at the end of the night
As for ticket number 3, stay tuned although this could be a peace offering between the two parties.
We can only hope as this is a FOOTBALL CLUB not a club for EGO,S
Overall a good night had by all.
Means of transport home were by tram !

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 07:42:58 AM »
Great reporting guys.  Poor froars - "I can't dance" - LOL :lol  Any sign of the girlfriend?  BTW what did Pettifer sing?

Jackstar

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 08:34:08 AM »
Skyhooks song, Ego is not a dirty word ;) :lol

2JD

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 08:54:58 AM »
Sounds like a great night, good to get a view from both male and female perspectives lol. Good for you froars, getting out and about it. Being the shy little flower that i am ::) I would probly just sit back and have a good old perve lol. I hope you post the pic on here :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 09:03:16 AM »
Great reporting guys.  Poor froars - "I can't dance" - LOL :lol  Any sign of the girlfriend?  BTW what did Pettifer sing?

Julz- if you mean Richo's girlfriend - she was there. He even thanked her in his speech when he accepted his Fred Swift Medal (B&F 4th)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 09:46:01 AM »
Top reporting everyone. A good read  ;D.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2004, 10:38:43 AM »
Upset some poor bloke on Froars table
Understatement of the century  :rollin
Here's two friends of mine i've known for 15 years, who happen to be Ben's "Melbourne" family - and run a half-way house for young Richmond footballers when they arrive in town.
As soon as the words "wacko" and "Ben" came out of Jackstar's mouth, i knew it was time for me to leave lol.  And then to tell devout Catholics that even effing Geez Geez could coach us better than Frawley topped it right off  :rollin
A B&F moment to forget and i reckon there'll be daggers at 20 feet next season in the Ton Up room lol

Jackstar

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2004, 10:40:27 AM »
made you laugh though! ;)

froars

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2004, 10:41:36 AM »
What else could you do except jump off the nearest bridge  :rollin

Jackstar

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2004, 10:44:21 AM »
Are you a good swimmer and did you sober up jumping in to cold water late at night. Its all in good fun !  Ben Holland :banghead

froars

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2004, 10:56:08 AM »
I was fired up and ready to go Jack, but there were no stayers lol.  You know it's a great night when you wade through the young girls in the loo all throwing up - nothing like that at all lol
Forgot the social notes - really disappointed in the girlfriends of the players - i thought Rainsy's girl was nice looking, but not many good sorts there.  Not being an expert here, i reckon the boys might be better qualified - but a 6 out of 10 from me.
Timmy Fleming wore his Jackstar-style shoes which were a standout, but pretty disappointing here too.
Most of the action and fisticuffs were happening on my table  ;D

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2004, 11:00:28 AM »
Forgot the social notes - really disappointed in the girlfriends of the players - i thought Rainsy's girl was nice looking, but not many good sorts there.  Not being an expert here, i reckon the boys might be better qualified - but a 6 out of 10 from me.
That's cause all the good women are taken already ;)

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2004, 01:26:27 PM »
Upset some poor bloke on Froars table
Understatement of the century  :rollin
Here's two friends of mine i've known for 15 years, who happen to be Ben's "Melbourne" family - and run a half-way house for young Richmond footballers when they arrive in town.
As soon as the words "wacko" and "Ben" came out of Jackstar's mouth, i knew it was time for me to leave lol.  And then to tell devout Catholics that even effing Geez Geez could coach us better than Frawley topped it right off  :rollin
A B&F moment to forget and i reckon there'll be daggers at 20 feet next season in the Ton Up room lol

LMAOOO - stuff, that's so funny.

LMAOO at Spud running out asap before he gets beaten up by drunken ferals.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Jackstar

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2004, 01:53:41 PM »
Funny but true ;)