Author Topic: 70. Pass  (Read 1734 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
70. Pass
« on: November 29, 2008, 10:59:25 AM »
 :o

Ramps

Re: 70. Pass
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »
Today has been a sad and disappointing day for the RFC. Only Vickery was a correct selection. The rest of it was a waste.

2/10 only because they got Vickery and to be honest, Im surprised they called him out considering the rest of it has been a nonsense.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 11:03:00 AM »

Ben Cousins in the Pre-season draft?

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 12:40:54 PM »
Am I working this out right??  We were the first Club to pass but all the others that passed finished lower than us so we have the last pick in the PSD ??

So we trial some kids, see which is the best and another team picks them before us in the PSD. I like the look of the two kids we got but the rest of the day just dont seem right to me.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
Can I say in honestly I am not surprised in "pass" making a appearance at No. 70

Sometimes it has actually worked for us..... Matt White anyone  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »
Can I say in honestly I am not surprised in "pass" making a appearance at No. 70

Sometimes it has actually worked for us..... Matt White anyone  ;D

Didnt we have first pick in the PSD when we got him? This is not the same. If we were going do this maybe we should of delisted one more. We could of got a good kid at pick 50 something and Hislop at 70 and last pick in the psd with pick 80 something. Tell you what there are a couple of kids that went after our 4th round pick that I would prefer to have than Pettifer thas for sure.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:23:17 PM »
2005 Preseason Draft we picked up Matt White at Pick 5.  Dylan McLaren, Sam Iles, Brent Guerra and Scott Camporeale went before him.

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2008, 01:28:37 PM »
2005 Preseason Draft we picked up Matt White at Pick 5.  Dylan McLaren, Sam Iles, Brent Guerra and Scott Camporeale went before him.

Well thanks for correcting me. Who did we pick up with 2004 first pick in PSD then, I honestly thought thats where we got Whitey. History is not my forte (ok nor is spelling).

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2008, 01:39:20 PM »

Well thanks for correcting me. Who did we pick up with 2004 first pick in PSD then, I honestly thought thats where we got Whitey. History is not my forte (ok nor is spelling).

;D

Knobel with our first pick and we passed with #8.  Here is the link I use for any draft info:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 03:39:10 PM »
We've got that training session tomorrow for the kids that missed out on the draft. Deboer and Rockliff spring to mind straight away or an underage kid like Luke Thompson who may got top 20 next year. Alternatively maybe someone a fraction older like Cockie.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 04:31:29 PM »
Francis said we wanted young Tassie ruckman Bart McCulloch with our last pick but Brisbane grabbed him in front of us at #69.

Ramps

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 05:55:45 PM »
Rumour has it Brisbanes table overheard what was said on our table RE: McCulloch and took him.  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 11:15:09 PM »
Francis said we wanted young Tassie ruckman Bart McCulloch with our last pick but Brisbane grabbed him in front of us at #69.
Delisted by Brisbane today. Anyone know why? Injury-prone? Unusual for a young 199cm tall to be thrown on the scrapheap after just 2 years. Did he end up another Patto - a too slow inbetweener?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:40 PM »
Delisted by Brisbane today. Anyone know why? Injury-prone? Unusual for a young 199cm tall to be thrown on the scrapheap after just 2 years. Did he end up another Patto - a too slow inbetweener?

Worth a Coburg gig ?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »
Spent the last 2 years injured
Even so, that's hardly unusual for a ruckman as they grow into their body, will be interesting to see if we get him down to training to have a look, unless he's still injured.