Author Topic: new "Richmond Executive" group pledge $250,000  (Read 3623 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
new "Richmond Executive" group pledge $250,000
« on: September 12, 2004, 02:09:59 AM »
Tigers down to business
12 September 2004   
Sunday Herald Sun
Scot Palmer

MELBOURNE'S "top end of town" has pledged its support for Richmond, with 50 business leaders joining a new Punt Rd coterie.

They have signed for $5000 each and pledged six cars for money-raising activities to kick-start the Tigers into 2005.

The pledges come at a time when criticism from old-guard Tigers and supporter groups is being levelled at the Richmond board, which faces a challenge from a rival group.

The new group, called the Richmond Executive, has had no association with coteries before and will be linked to the office of football director Greg Miller.

"It's not just the money that will help – it's the resources that we are going to tap into from their involvement," Miller said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10736272%255E19771,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: new "Richmond Executive" group pledge $250,000
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 03:44:43 AM »
Appears Casey wasn't telling fibs just to deflect flack late last week.

Maybe if you sign up before feb 20, 2005 or even earlier you go into the running for a new car (presumely a Nissan !?). Heaps of possibilites to generate greater membership and revenue  :thumbsup

"It's not just the money that will help – it's the resources that we are going to tap into from their involvement," Miller said.

I wonder if this money will be used towards getting another full time assistant coach or towards securing an out of contract player from another club ?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 03:46:23 AM by mightytiges »

Jackstar

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 08:36:38 AM »
I actually know two people that have donated $5000 and another who has put up a car !
You will find it happens at most other clubs as well
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 08:43:22 AM by Jackstar »

froars

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 11:04:00 AM »
Great get.  I think if Casey had belief in himself and the things he was doing down at the club, he should stand down and then put his name up for re-election.  I think the club has achieved some extremely significant milestones of late and if ever wanted endorsement he would put himself up for the people to vote on him on whether they want him or not.  I don't want him, but seeing as he's never been elected to the board, here's a good chance to go to the members, brag about these achievements and let the members decide.

Now, that's how it should have been IMHO, but we have this group who wants to bring the whole club to its knees  ::)

Offline purely richmond

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2004, 02:50:37 PM »
Great get.  I think if Casey had belief in himself and the things he was doing down at the club, he should stand down and then put his name up for re-election.  I think the club has achieved some extremely significant milestones of late and if ever wanted endorsement he would put himself up for the people to vote on him on whether they want him or not.  I don't want him, but seeing as he's never been elected to the board, here's a good chance to go to the members, brag about these achievements and let the members decide.

Now, that's how it should have been IMHO, but we have this group who wants to bring the whole club to its knees  ::)

Don't underestimate Greg Miller's work here. I am one of the execs that has pledged the $5000 and a car. I did it for the Richmond Football Club and not anyone else. I think most of the other execs may have done it for the same reason.The Richmond Football Club, Greg Miller and the execs should get the pat on the backs.

Tony Singarella

froars

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 08:28:54 PM »
Glad to see you up with the new age of the Internet Tony and you listened to me lol
And good to have you on board here - and whatever other board you might be intested in  ;)
And i never underestimate Greg's work - I hope the new ticket like what he's doing too.  Losing Miller out of all this would be disastrous.
Onya Tone and the others for the donations!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 08:46:09 PM by froars »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2004, 08:57:44 PM »
Good on you Tony and welcome aboard OER  :).

Agree froars. Miller brings so much strength and poise to the inner workings of our Club. Losing him would put the lunatics back in charge of the asylum  :(.

Offline purely richmond

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2004, 09:05:48 PM »
Glad to see you up with the new age of the Internet Tony and you listened to me lol
And good to have you on board here - and whatever other board you might be intested in  ;)
And i never underestimate Greg's work - I hope the new ticket like what he's doing too.  Losing Miller out of all this would be disastrous.
Onya Tone and the others for the donations!

Greg's not going anywhere

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2004, 10:14:13 PM »
Great get.  I think if Casey had belief in himself and the things he was doing down at the club, he should stand down and then put his name up for re-election. 

Froars,

Casey has said that he will put himself for re-election at this year's AGM in December and let the members decide his fate - so at this moment there is no need for him to stand down.

but seeing as he's never been elected to the board, here's a good chance to go to the members,

This is a WP recording  ;D ;D - he nominated for the board and was elected unopposed. 3 vacancies - 3 nominations means members didn't vote because there was only nominations for the vacant positions as a result he was elected unopposed. If you look at the board over the last 10 years you could argue that hardly any of our board members have been "elected". Current directors March and Matthies were elected by the members earlier this year because we had 3 vacancies and 7-8 candidates.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

PuntRdRoar

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 10:21:03 PM »
Greg Miller just needs to behave the way senior beauracrats or public servants behave...that is...they stay away from the action far enough so as to ensure there position does not become untenable. Whilst I think Greg Miller may find this difficult...I would hope he would have enough sense to ensure that he maintains a modicum of independence even if he is a casey supporter!

And if Tony is part of a third ticket...then good luck because the current administration and the proposed 2nd ticket arent exciting anybody!

froars

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 12:29:15 AM »
This is a WP recording 
Well, silly silly me.  I realised he was unopposed when he nominated.  I didn't get a chance to not vote for him then, but i sure will have a chance not to vote for him this time.
You know what, i hate every single one of them at the moment.

Greg Miller just needs to behave the way senior beauracrats or public servants behave...that is...they stay away from the action far enough so as to ensure there position does not become untenable.
I personally have no problem with Miller raising money for the club - or anyone for that matter.  Someone has to.  And a great job he is doing too.

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 02:12:49 PM »
Great get. I think if Casey had belief in himself and the things he was doing down at the club, he should stand down and then put his name up for re-election. I think the club has achieved some extremely significant milestones of late and if ever wanted endorsement he would put himself up for the people to vote on him on whether they want him or not. I don't want him, but seeing as he's never been elected to the board, here's a good chance to go to the members, brag about these achievements and let the members decide.

Now, that's how it should have been IMHO, but we have this group who wants to bring the whole club to its knees ::)

That's how it looks.

I don't understand how, on one hand this rebel group campaigns against the current Board then, on the other, agrees with the decisions the Club has made in recent times, :-\ as MT pointed out on another thread.  So, is their campaign against the current Board based purely on past decisions and personal grudges and if so, why are they challenging now if they agree with the current changes and the fact that the AFL has approved the Clubs plans for the future?

There's some logic here somehwere, I just haven't found it.  And maybe I should just stop looking.  :help
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 04:53:14 PM »
Greg Miller just needs to behave the way senior beauracrats or public servants behave...that is...they stay away from the action far enough so as to ensure there position does not become untenable. Whilst I think Greg Miller may find this difficult...I would hope he would have enough sense to ensure that he maintains a modicum of independence even if he is a casey supporter!

Now that is some sense and what I have been saying from Day 1.....
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne