Author Topic: PSD Pick 6  (Read 1051 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
PSD Pick 6
« on: December 15, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
Geez you've got to feel for Gourdis or whichever kid we pick up tomorrow in the PSD  :-\. They'll forever be known by the media as the one we selected instead of Cousins.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Re: PSD Pick 6
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »
Geez you've got to feel for Gourdis or whichever kid we pick up tomorrow in the PSD  :-\. They'll forever be known by the media as the one we selected instead of Cousins.

Do we need another poll?

:cheers

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:29:40 PM »

Do we need another poll?

I think so, something like would you take Gourdis or Cousins in the draft or a young kid vs Cousins in the draft

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
Richmond, it's the pre-season draft!!!

There are names like Nick Davis, Hayden Skipworth, Michael Rix, Chris Johnson and Nathan Carroll being bandied around.

If Cousins comes off, he'll be 100x more valuable than any of the aforementioned names.

If he does play up, well then he joins other illustrious names we've taken in the PSD (Marsh, Weller, Kingsley, Knobel).

Look at last year!! David Gourdis has already been delisted, as has #2 Darren Pfeiffer!!

Take Cuz Tiges!

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 03:37:40 PM »

Do we need another poll?

LOL. If you want one 1965 you can start one  ;).

You should listen to SEN. Supporters sending 40 emails to everyone listed on the RFC website and pleading to take Cousins. The media are loving this  ::). It's not Gourdis' fault the AFL said no.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 03:42:15 PM »

There are names like Nick Davis, Hayden Skipworth, Michael Rix, Chris Johnson and Nathan Carroll being bandied around.

If Cousins comes off, he'll be 100x more valuable than any of the aforementioned names.

If he does play up, well then he joins other illustrious names we've taken in the PSD (Marsh, Weller, Kingsley, Knobel).

Look at last year!! David Gourdis has already been delisted, as has #2 Darren Pfeiffer!!

Take Cuz Tiges!

I didn't want Cousins and am now undecided, but if the RFC made up their mind to get him I would think like Wayne does.

A goodly percentage of PSD's are duds and you have an elite footballer on there. I can't see why they wouldn't go for it, sure they made an earlier stance on a youngster but the circumanstances have changed now.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

Take Cuz Tiges!

Agree.

Take a stuffing risk RFC.

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 03:44:21 PM »
LOL. If you want one 1965 you can start one  ;).

im not techonologiacl enuf

(sorry I slipped into Danielspeak for a second there)

bushranger

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
I do think we will take cousins with aour number 6 pick.
And the only two reasons behind this is
One/ Gourdis to Freeo in pick 3
Two/ We have put in a lot of time and effort to get him only to let him slip out of our finger again.
I don't see that happening, I can see him being with us after pick six tomorrow.
We have fought to keep him alive to throw that all away. Not a chance, not in my books we wouldn't do that.
He will be a onfeild leader for us asnd this is what we want him for.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »
I am really disappointed by the AFLs decision to not allow Richmond to move Polak onto the Rookie list given the special circumstances of his recovery and injury in general. This reeks of sour grapes and political pressure for mine. Eddie and co. have manipulated the AFL beautifully here and have gambled that we will take Cousins in the PSD regardless. I think they will leave with eggs on there face.

I would vote to draft Cousins over an outside chance of success your would gain by picking up a rookie. Cousins would generate a huge amount of money for the club (sponsorship, members, attendances etc), positive media exposure and most importantly - onfield success. He could also be a tremendous onfield leader who shows the yound fellows the strategies and hard work it takes to be a champion. Yes - I understand he comes with great risks including corrupting the developing players but he will have a minder and strict behavioural guidelines.

We have a very young list and will pick up another 5 young rookies in that draft so please Tigers, listen to wind and ride the wave and take a risk on Benny!  :pray

Stripes

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 04:47:37 PM »
Eddie and Freo will be banking on us feeling the pressure from supporters and the potential dollars available to take Cousins and allowing one more kid to fall through to the rookie draft for them to choose from. No one is stupid enough to believe that the objecting clubs did so to uphold the rules of the draft system. It was self-interest pure and simple  ::)

im not techonologiacl enuf
I think clicking the new poll button and filling in the appropriate blanks isn't too difficult  ;).