Author Topic: Andrew Browne [merged]  (Read 21326 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Andrew Browne to debut
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 02:12:29 PM »
Browne is playing. He firstly did ruck practice just with Simmo. Our other rucks didn't join in. Then Browne along with Simmo were part of the squad for Thursday night's game towards the end of training whereas Gus and Putty did marking practice with Monkhurst and Vickery was with the Coburg group.

So all the best to Andrew  :clapping
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:42 PM »
Browne is playing. He firstly did ruck practice just with Simmo. Our other rucks didn't join in. Then Browne along with Simmo were part of the squad for Thursday night's game towards the end of training whereas Gus and Putty did marking practice with Monkhurst and Vickery was with the Coburg group.

thanks mt

will rance play?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »

thanks mt

will rance play?
Not sure blaisee but he's in the final squad.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Richmond elevates rookie ruckman
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 05:15:12 PM »
Richmond elevates rookie ruckman

RICHMOND’S No.2 ruck spot for the season opener has been snared by 18-year-old elevated rookie Andrew Browne.

Browne is a 205cm ruckman from Mansfield in country Victoria who came to the Tigers as a project player, but has taken just the last two NAB Challenge games to set himself up for the debut of a lifetime.

The Tigers kick the season off against Carlton on Thursday night in a sell-out at the MCG.

The teenager said he was amazed to find himself playing in round one.

“Terry (coach Terry Wallace) mentioned it, but the first time I really knew for sure was when Terry announced it to the group at training,” he told richmondfc.com.au.

“I was pretty excited, but it all happened pretty suddenly, so it took a while for it to sink in.

“Everyone was pretty happy and was congratulating me.

“I thought I’d better ring mum first – I gave her a call after training, and she was more excited than me.”

Browne said his elevation and selection came as a shock.

“I said to some of the coaches that I wasn’t even expecting to play NAB Cup three or four weeks ago, so to have been elevated and to actually be playing round one with the seniors is just incredible.

“I’ve learned so much just in the few months I’ve been here, from people like (assistant coaches) Wayne Campbell and Jade Rawlings, and also from Terry about being competitive and always giving it a good crack.

“I’ve also been working with (senior ruckman) Troy Simmonds – he’s been really good.

“He gave me a few pointers when I first came down to the club and I still work with him every training session.

“Being able to work with someone that you grew up watching is really beneficial.”

While Browne – after just one pre-season in the AFL system – has had some questions hanging over his fitness, his determination and willingness to put his body on the line cannot be doubted.

“We’ve been really pleased with Browny’s progress over the pre-season,” director of coaching Brian Royal told richmondfc.com.au.

“His form in his last two NAB Challenge practice games has been remarkable.

“We couldn’t have been any happier with Browny – his body shape has improved over the short period of time he’s been here. He’s a good young ruckman.”

Dream Team watch – Andrew Browne is rated a $75,300 ruckman in Toyota AFL Dream Team 2009.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=73661
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
Ranga  :cheers

Ox

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 06:02:21 PM »
could surprise up 4ward...

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
good luck browney, welcome to the big league :gotigers
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 06:57:22 PM »
Caro said Browne has lost 4kgs over summer since joining us. He was 105kg and there were questions over his fitness but now he's just over 100kg. Still 205cm tall.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
Well done Brown"e"

Great effort from a really quality kid  :clapping
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 08:40:44 PM »
Go big fella, get into mate and leave nothing behind!!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 09:12:30 PM »
Good luck to the unit, can't wait to see him in action.

Even though it will be a high pressure game at least his ruck opponents are nothing special (well Kreuzer probably will be but at this stage he still has a fair bit of development to go).

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 09:15:33 PM »
Good luck to the unit, can't wait to see him in action.

Even though it will be a high pressure game at least his ruck opponents are nothing special (well Kreuzer probably will be but at this stage he still has a fair bit of development to go).

I reckon Browne will take on their new ruckman at evry opportunity, Simmo will get Kruz.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »
lets hope browne can 1 day get to the standard of another rookie ruckman taken by craig cameron about 7 years ago. A young man taken in the rookie draft by the name of Darren Jolly. CC has form ;)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:20 PM »

How was Gus' body language, pretty massive hit to his hopes in general.

Well done Andrew.  What a performance to make it as a no. 2 ruckman as a 18 year old rookie in your first season.  :thumbsup

EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 10:51:04 PM »
How was Gus' body language, pretty massive hit to his hopes in general.
TA, we thought Gus looked a bit down not surprisingly as he walked over with Putty near to where we were sitting. It'll hurt but you'd rather be overlooked for round 1 than a GF side or cop a season ending injury so although it's a test of character for him there are worse things that can happen to you in footy and as the cliche goes there's always next week if he puts his hand up at Coburg on Saturday.