Author Topic: Your favourite player?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Your favourite player?
« on: December 19, 2008, 11:28:14 AM »
Who is your favourite player and why?

I have a fair few but I'll avoid the obvious names to start with a go for someone a little less heralded -

Riewoldt

I think Jack will be something special. He is deceptively tall, taller than his famous cousin in fact with great aerial skills and skills. I attributes that makes him a standout for me is his spunk and coinfidence which is something we are desperate for down at Tigerland. He is a natural leader who fires his team-mates up around him.

If he has a weakness it is his leading - he sometimes leads to the wrong places and too wide but he is correcting this problem and the other weakness (or strength depending on how you look at it) is that he is too unselfish. He seems to always be bringing others into the game but this can sometimes cause turn overs where he could of had a shot for goal himself.

Great kid and a crutial part of our future success.

Stripes

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Your favourite player?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
I'll go for the obvious straight off

Lids

I have a lot of man love for this guy, he is looking pumped and primed for a huge 2009.

When the Tiges played in Sydney in that forgettable game last year, he was the only positive I could take home.  He stood up big time and I was really proud of his effort.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 01:20:46 PM »
used to be andy kellaway, love players that leave nothing on the table and relish the contest...My fav current player is Matt white :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Moi

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 01:22:25 PM »
No brainer - Richo.

Then Foley and Rainsey!

Offline Tigerrific

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »
I love them all but I really like the way King puts in 110% every time

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 05:36:19 PM »
In a word - Axel.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
#9 to turn it on in 09. Go Cotch  :thumbsup

Everyone loves Richo too.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »
Morton

My other favourite from '08 is Mitch. He is a real find and was the most dangerous forward we have at the moment which is incredible considering his size. The other things I really like about the bloke is his footy smarts - he leads to the right spots, shepherds and blocks for the other forwards and has a great defensive game. This last strength is the main reason he is playing and Petts isn't (that and Petts is injured of course ;)).

Richo is a much better goal scorer than Morton but he only has eyes for the ball and is blind to those around him. Morton on the other hand works with Riewoldt to create goals for the team and fights to keep the ball in scoring range.

When the other tall forwards begin to lift around him he will be a crutial component of our high percentage and high score average.

Stripes

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 10:53:11 PM »
9. Trent Cotchin

:)

hard choice!

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2008, 12:17:41 AM »
Lids

I have follwed this club a long time and they always been poor - but 2004 was dawn on a new era. The great man - Sir Brett Deledio will lead Punt Road to glory. 100 years from now he will have a statue outside Richmond station.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2008, 07:56:11 AM »
Richo
Epitomises everything that Richmond havent been for too long... passionate, unwilling to except mediocrity, willing to give 100%. I mean that game he played with a broken cheek last year.....

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 08:28:49 AM »
Hmm - let me see.

Obviously Richo, of course.  Next would be Lids and Simmo.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2008, 02:07:07 AM »
Richo

Champion, embodies everything that is good about the club wears hit heart on his sleeve and bleeds yellow and black. Is the spirit of the club and will lead full chested our assault on a flag in the next few years and would be a fitting end to a career that has brought him all the highs and lows.

Then Lids Newman and Lukey McGuane. That tackle on Buddy Franklin was just brilliant and the slinging of Riewoldt in that tackle that got him injured shows that Luke has white line fever, relishes the challenge and has no regard to the big wraps an opponent may have and he has a strak of mongrl in him as well whilst doing his job more than capably. :thumbsup
We must keep Luke from the clutches of GC17 and ensure that he stays here and does not get enticed to go back home.

bushranger

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2008, 08:26:22 AM »
Shane Tuck
Because he's not the most gifted player out there but you know he will put in 100% each and every game.
Not scared to put himself in to be hit. He is a honest toiler onfeild and this is what I love about the way he goes about his game.
He is reliable and player know this as we do. So this is easy for me to pick him.
I know when I player many moons ago I was like him in our team. But we were crap, others were way better than me but I was the Shane Tuck of our team so this draws me to him.
Number 21 is my favourite player by a country mile.