Author Topic: Newman impressed by Cousins (Age)  (Read 576 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Newman impressed by Cousins (Age)
« on: December 21, 2008, 12:57:29 AM »
Newman impressed by Cousins
Emma Quayle | December 21, 2008

NEW Richmond captain Chris Newman is impressed — both with Ben Cousins' understated efforts to get to know the people at his new club, and with how well his young teammates have handled the former Eagle's potentially distracting arrival.

Newman, one of four Tigers to meet with the confessed drug addict before Richmond revived his career at last Tuesday's pre-season draft, said Cousins had been quiet inside the changerooms, but was trying hard to settle in quickly.

"He hasn't said too much, but he's making that effort to get to know people and I think that's a pretty good thing given he's only been around for a few days. He's been really professional with how he's gone about it so far," Newman said.

Newman said he was satisfied with how calmly the other players had handled the crazy scenes at training on Wednesday when more than 1000 supporters turned up for a glimpse of their new recruit.

"As players, we're going to really enjoy playing with him and, hopefully, having a structure around Ben will assist him in his recovery and help him get back to his best. I think it's a positive move for everyone."

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/newman-impressed-by-cousins/2008/12/20/1229189951983.html

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
Re: Newman impressed by Cousins (Age)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »
Gee, Fevola a Richmond supporter, well i'll be bugged
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

bushranger

Re: Newman impressed by Cousins (Age)
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 08:18:36 AM »
Hate how this is gunna sound, but isn't this what he should be doing. If he doesn't want to impress his team mates then what would be the point of his come back. So I think this is the media just trying their best to keep their grubby little hands at work.