Author Topic: Forward line  (Read 3359 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Forward line
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:10 PM »
Apart from Richo, Morton would be our next best forward.  Browny when he gets going too.  Jack and Schultz need to do a lot more.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2009, 03:30:30 AM »
Sarge has averaged 3 goals over the past two weeks. He'll start as a key forward in round 1.
May well be the key to our season IMO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 05:53:52 PM »
Agree Magic. Sarge has sewn up FF for round 1.

We are 1 key forward short ... whatever happens in the trade or draft period needs to happen with getting a key forward as the BIGGEST priority imho.
True Ramps. Another KP forward and a quality midfielder would top off the list rebuilding nicely.

John Butcher would be the highest rated key forward available in this year's draft at this stage but he's likely to go first pick. He would've been picked up early last year if he was eligible.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 07:43:35 PM »

We are 1 key forward short ... whatever happens in the trade or draft period needs to happen with getting a key forward as the BIGGEST priority imho.
True Ramps. Another KP forward and a quality midfielder would top off the list rebuilding nicely.

John Butcher would be the highest rated key forward available in this year's draft at this stage but he's likely to go first pick. He would've been picked up early last year if he was eligible.

Its far to early to tell, but Butcher, Fitzpatrick loom as the 2 who will go very early in terms of KPP players, Ben Griffiths is one who should be down the order a little bit, he may come into calculations for us. As for a midfielder, Kane Lucas would go ok Id reckon at Punt Rd.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2009, 07:01:59 PM »

Its far to early to tell, but Butcher, Fitzpatrick loom as the 2 who will go very early in terms of KPP players, Ben Griffiths is one who should be down the order a little bit, he may come into calculations for us. As for a midfielder, Kane Lucas would go ok Id reckon at Punt Rd.
You're right Ramps it's too early to predict the draft. We can only hope that one slips down the order because the recruiters fall in love with some utility athletic types or clubs below us have specific needs different from ours. There's always one that slips. We got Rance at 18. Who would've thought this time last year that Daniel Rich would slip to pick 7.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »
Who would've thought this time last year that Daniel Rich would slip to pick 7.

It's a shame he didn't fall through to pick 8! He is going to be something special this kid and is ready to go NOW.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2009, 10:26:10 PM »
Apart from Richo, Morton would be our next best forward.  Browny when he gets going too.  Jack and Schultz need to do a lot more.

Rough on Jack, much? 

I don't see any other 20 year old or younger, key forwards doing more than Jack in the entire competition.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 07:29:00 AM »
Back to the drawing board.

Sarge did nothing, our set shot goalkicking continues to be poor since the start of preseason  :banghead,  and you're not going to win too many games having half the number of inside 50s as your opposition  :P.

Bring back OER's favourite Cleve  ;D.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 08:19:02 AM »
Cleve can't play while he has his foot injury

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:04 AM »
We didn't really have a focal point, but what really annoyed me was that we had 0 defensive pressure in our forward 50 last night.

In contrast Fev, Robinson and a few of the blues were immense for them.

When you are an average player at the corssroads - as a bloke like Schulz is now - you hope to see a bit of fvcking effort.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »
Spot on Jake. Nothing excuses a lack of effort. Jay had a chance to finally cement a spot in the side and disappointed again.

It must be a nightmare playing as one of our forwards though when our mids are going back and forth sideways by hand. Mind you that doesn't excuse our guys playing from behind too often or missing set shots :scream.

Cleve can't play while he has his foot injury
Yeah I know Infamy. I was being cheeky as Cleve doesn't have many fans on here.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2009, 09:47:53 AM »

Well I'm still a fan of his, it looks like he's on the road to recovery too given his game at Coburg Reserves this week

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2009, 10:50:13 PM »

Well I'm still a fan of his, it looks like he's on the road to recovery too given his game at Coburg Reserves this week
Well if Sarge has another shocker Cleve will walk into the side. Cleve still needs to show 2nd efforts himself but at least he can kick straight at goal.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
our Forward Line and the Forward Structure is what i believe is the biggest "PROBLEM!"

our entries into 50, are shocking!

get Post in the Forward Line, DEEP! and can it too him (LONG!) and let him use those hands of his!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »

Well if Sarge has another shocker Cleve will walk into the side. Cleve still needs to show 2nd efforts himself but at least he can kick straight at goal.

i dont get that comment MT. IF sarge has another SHOCKER.

Why wait for him to have another shock, dump him NOW.

im sick to death of his type. Lets see which youngsters can play starting with Rance. I mean god knows how he hasnt played a game ahead of Schulz and Mcguane.

Schulz should have been offloaded with Meyer and Hyde
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.