Author Topic: Marc Murphy Changes Draft Scenario Maybe?  (Read 1402 times)

PuntRdRoar

Marc Murphy Changes Draft Scenario Maybe?
« on: September 22, 2004, 11:20:57 AM »
The son of former Fitzroy champion John Murphy is according to my information seriously considering if he wants to go to the lions under the f/s rule. Now i admit i havent seen the young guy play...but people seem to rate him...Alot. Infact someone told me he would be a top 10 proposition easily!

The information goes that...Marc Murphy is seriously considering staying in Melbourne for a number of reasons...1st) hes a 194cm mobile CHF who wont play CHF if he goes to Brisbane...and theres no likelihood he will in the next 10 years with Jon Brown up there - he may also have limited opportunites and second...its easier for him to stay with his family and go to university in Melbourne. My info is that he would seriously come into Richmond considerations if he nominates for the draft and doesnt go to Brisbane under the f/s.

So my question to the experts is...do u rate Murphy? Is he a number 1 or 4 pick?

Bulluss

Re: Marc Murphy Changes Draft Scenario Maybe?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 12:39:52 PM »
Ramps,

I havent really heard much about him. Did he play TAC this year?

I would be interested to hear more about him.

Offline wrennyboy

• Future Richmond star
  • Captain Coughlan
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 02:34:48 PM »
He isnt a 194cm key forawrd he is a midfielder about 180cm midfield/forward flanker
wrenny

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:35:45 PM »
He isnt a 194cm key forawrd he is a midfielder about 180cm midfield/forward flanker

Yep. He was in the best players for Whitefriars in the midfield in their win over St Bernards in the Herald-Sun Shield.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd