Author Topic: Richmond swaps to the Ponsford Stand changerooms (RFC)  (Read 624 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richmond swaps to the Ponsford Stand changerooms (RFC)
« on: March 17, 2009, 05:13:59 PM »
Richmond's room change
richmondfc.com.au
3:30 PM Tue 17 March, 2009

Richmond will make a changeroom swap for all games at the MCG this season and beyond.

After five years of entering the field from the Southern Stand side of the MCG, the Tigers will utilise the changerooms in the Ponsford Stand for all future matches at the venue.

The swap was made with the backing of the coaching staff and playing group, which will benefit from a more professional facility to prepare for matches, a larger warm-up area and better recovery and medical facilities.

The location of the Ponsford Stand rooms will also be more efficient for the coaching staff’s movement between the coaches box and changerooms, and is close to the MCG’s media room facilities.

Richmond’s will make first use of its new facilities in the first round of the season, against Carlton on March 26.

The Tigers play 11 games at the MCG this season, including seven matches in-a-row from round 15 to 21.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/73335/default.aspx

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Richmond swaps to the Ponsford Stand changerooms (RFC)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »
Makes sense.

A shame the MCG didn't put rooms where our old ones use to be when they built the new Northern stand.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond swaps to the Ponsford Stand changerooms (RFC)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:21:23 PM »
Makes sense.

A shame the MCG didn't put rooms where our old ones use to be when they built the new Northern stand.

And painted it black and yellow like in the good old days. A bit of old fashioned eat 'em alive to bring the rooms to life....
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”